• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Coronavirus gineapig programme

Nagelfar

Bluelight Crew
My mother told me today about an institute offering $4,500 to be infected by the coronavirus so they can test vacinnes on you, anybody know the veracity to this? Apparently, they even set you up for a number of weeks or months as living arrangements go.

Fuck, I'd do it.

By all accounts, the virus is pretty tame and not much of a bother to people like me (35 years of age, good health). That'd pay my rent for like.....two and half months.

Wait, you're in Washington...you guys are on the verge of shutting down....sounds like it may have been some local rumour.

^no, do a Google search for "4,500 for coronvirus" New York Post and some other sources

forty five hundred dollars would not be worth it for what it will take out of you if you happen to fall severely ill. You may also die or feel close to death on a mechanical lung.

I....wouldn't. Just my 2c.

New York Post article

Well, for one, the simple flu has killed more people this year, and it seems only the geriatric are the ones who are dying, or those already in poor health. I'd say it would be no worse than flu symptoms until your body fought it off. Nothing like a mechanical lung etc. It seems rather benign when compared to even the other "scares" like SARS.

London? Sounds great! I'm off.....except our public health officials are now advising against travelling out of country and are requiring self-isolation upon return. I'd love to see the CBSA agent's face after telling them I'm coming home from the UK after getting paid to be infected.

My mother told me today about an institute offering $4,500 to be infected by the coronavirus so they can test vacinnes on you, anybody know the veracity to this? Apparently, they even set you up for a number of weeks or months as living arrangements go.
The clinical trial proposes infection with human coronavirus, the one that causes about a quarter of colds not SARS MERS or the virus that causes COVID-19.

There is no way an ethics commitee would allow a BSL 3 level infectious challenge.

Like much to do with coronavirus the truth is there to see.

Perhaps the "Drug Studies" forum would be more suited for this.
Drug Studies is for studies on recreational drug use that are approved by the Bluelight research team, not stuff like this.

Well I was figuring they may be *looking* for a drug, but nonetheless.