Cops planted drugs on me!

ToxicFerret

Bluelighter
Okay, last night I was with some friends in this park. One of them lit a J and I saw some cops coming over so I ran. They picked up two of my friends, let one go, and took less than a gram of weed from the other. They told him they were gonna go search for me and arrest me and if he said a word to me while they were arresting me they'd beat him up. Then jumped out of the car and grabbed me and took everything out of my pockets and threw it on the ground, and then the cop picks up my wallet and says 'Oh, whats this?' and pulls MY FRIENDS BAG OF WEED OUT OF MY WALLET! I tell him 'officer, you just broke the law, and so he takes my cufs and squeezes them shut so they cut off the blood flow to my hands (pins and needles and numb feeling for at least an hour or two afterwords) and then takes me down to the station and LETS MY FRIEND GO!

I am 17, in Illinois, I have two arrests but no convictions, both for misdemeanor possession as a juvenile (6 g when I was 14, 3.5 when I was 16, one was thrown out due to police misconduct, the other never made it to court. What can I do about this? I was clean, and I knew it, and THEY knew it. I don't think I've ever felt quite so violated or wronged in my life.

Charge is misdemeanor posession of less than 2.5 gs.

Move down to southern illinois, some cops are dicks down here but they arent aggressive.

Only way I could see to get out is to have friend confess to small amount, no biggie for him.

Get a lawyer, or plead with defense attorney. Say you really want to get off the devil weed "marijuana" Your fragile body is addicted.

I dunno man only way to get out is to have friend confess, and have everyone tell the same story to get you off. Make the cops seem like dicks, ask if that much force was necessary for unarmed 17 year olds.

Say that your kids and play it down and say your sorry. Your not 18 yet and you don't want that on your record... but your juvenile record will disappear in a couple of years anyway depending on what state.

Good luck

If the cop finds that you was also smoking on the J then your gonna get popped too unless you can prove otherwise. But a good lawyer will go a long way. Running away was a shitty idea tho cuz they get very suspicious at that point, especially if you supposedly had no reason to run......

if your friend talks, he can say the bag was his - and exactly how the cop threatened him. he hasn't been charged, and believe they aren't going to just charge him for that in a courtroom.

he needs to vouch for you. the cop fucked up bad, because now neither of you will get sentenced if all goes well.

Yeah see the thing is I TOLD him not to search me, that I did nothing wrong, and that I left because I didn't want anything to do with weed in a well-lit park, which is the honest complete truth. I was sketched out to begin with. Furthermore, the police didn't know it was me, the first person they tried was a 13 year old black kid. Now, I'm very very obviously white, and I think this ought to prove they didn't have probably cause to search me. I told them not to and they did anyway. I can see that because I ran, they would have probably cause to search me, but I still had NOTHING on me.

I contacted a lawyer and basically he said there was nothing I could do unless my friend testified that it was his. Now, if my friend were to do that, would that put him in any legal danger? I don't plan on pursuing the police on this one, I would just like to get this expunged from my record since it's so unbelievably wrong of a thing to do.

When I said expunged I was referring to the record of my arrest, if there is one. I know cops scan plates regularly and I'd rather not have an arrest for posession come up if they were to rus my plates. I posted here because I didn't have any idea when I could get a lawyer or how I could pay. Luckily some folks close to me helped me out with some cash and I got in contact through a lawyer through my father (he's handling a civil case for my dad's side of the family involving a car accident). I was unimpressed by him however, so I'm likely going to have to look around for a different attorney, so for now I'm still a bit unsure about what I should do.

Sorry [edited], those were juvenile arrests. I don't see what your problem with me is. I asked for advice, not for someone to comb over my post and find every little thing they think sounds a bit off. I quote:

ToxicFerret said:
I have two arrests but no convictions, both for misdemeanor possession as a juvenile...

Juvie records are sealed.

[no name calling -bq]

Last edited by a moderator: