• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Coping with opiate w/d while away from home?

isaaccain

Bluelighter
I'm going to Manchester to see family and you're probably thinking 'Why the hell is that a problem? Greater Manchester is smack central'. And I agree, but as a 15 year old foreigner who can't defend himself because all of his muscle has wasted away after just over a year of anorexia, I'm not even gonna bother trying. Best case scenario my grandma still has some morphine sulphate left over from her cancer scare. I was gonna get off then I remembered I'm going on away on Wednesday, but as soon as I get back I'm going down to the Rearyt Noa (that's what we call the detox clinic, no idea why) and starting suboxone, but till then I need help for when I'm away. I've brought about 50 30mg codeine pills (in their blister packs) through airport security before when I was going to Gatwick, then a second time on the same trip getting the plane to Tel Aviv, but the security is gonna be hell after that concert bombing, so I'm not trying to risk it.

Since this might be considered suggestive NO I AM NOT ASKING SOMEONE TO SORT ME OUT. Thanks.

that's a real tough question for us to answer, i don't think we can touch anything to with sneaking meds thru security without a permit.
i took around 30 subutex to jersey from the UK but i was prescribed them, had two doctors notes and informed customs (who were more than cordial).

sorry mate, can't do anymore. getting on a subutex program is a step in the right direction mate - well done, legit - but we can't tell you anything else.

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. If you are not prescribed the medication, you should not travel with them.

I was just asking for tricks on not wanting to kill myself, y'know like 'if you start to feel like your stomach is bleeding from w/d's, try...' I don't want advice on sneaking meds through customs haha

For the most part if I were in your situation there would most likely be a lot of whining and crying and feeling sorry for myself.

You don't seem to want that so you should consider your basic loperamide and kratom.

Dude my biggest fear/problem with being an opiate addict ... it's not like an alcholic where you can travel any city any state , shit almost any country even on the airplane andget your fix and stay well liquor stores open extra late for you dealers legally on every corner helps .
Too bad my Mexican tar connection doesn't travel with me lol and I can only stock up so much if I'm driving to that location . If I was flying I'm fucked, and I hate that when I see friends on Facebook in different countries smiling I get so sad knowing I can't go there :/
Fuckin sad being chemically dependent

I'll be blunt in saying this. I know I'm probably breaking my own rules here, but it's really for everybody's own good. As far as bringing medications/drugs on planes, the reality is this: 90% of the time, you can bring any medication, whether it's yours or not, through airport security and nobody will check it or even give it a second glance. The issue is that sometimes, they will check it. I rode 3 different planes going from Boston/Logan -> JFK/NYC -> Ataturk/Istanbul -> Antalya -> Erbil with about a gram of raw bud in my front right pocket that I was totally unaware of.

I got to the customs/Peshmerga guy at the airport in Erbil and started digging around in my pocket for my passport when I felt a peculiar lump in my pocket. If anyone had remotely bothered me in the slightest, I could have been in serious trouble. You'll get through most of the time, but the time you don't will have you in a whole mess of bullshit.

Ya I feel you on that keif, it's just something scary to deal with period and you're going on vacation to relax and enjoy yourself not to be "locked up abroad" hahaha .
I just want to be able to enjoy be clean and smile on vacation, this applies for weed too when I was younger I'd have problems with that too I'd be grumpy or not enjoying the vacation as much without my pot even if it was somewhere very beautiful