• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cooking tomato sauce & weed?

i like making clarified cannabutter aka ghee - it lasts longer

so you get a few lbs of unsalted butta, melt it down, and then the dairy floats to the top, discard that and what you have left is clarified butta....and then take the clarified butta, put it in the slow cooker with your trim, and then let that go on low for 12 hours....it kinda stinks so you'll wanna be aware of that....and there ya go - you can dip lobster into it 🦞

i like making clarified cannabutter aka ghee - it lasts longer

so you get a few lbs of unsalted butta, melt it down, and then the dairy floats to the top, discard that and what you have left is clarified butta....and then take the clarified butta, put it in the slow cooker with your trim, and then let that go on low for 12 hours....it kinda stinks so you'll wanna be aware of that....and there ya go - you can dip lobster into it 🦞

I honestly had no clue all those years I was making clarified butter by my repeated water washes that I do. Always wondered why it tasted different afterwards. Then when I finally tried Ghee it all made sense.

If one is willing to do water washes after the canna butter is created (really easy just takes time) then regular butter will suffice and cannaghee will be the end result.

-GC

Is weed the same in a pot of tomato sauce as it is in baking ?
I barely feel anything and it’s been over 2 hours since I ate so I should’ve either added a second 1/8 to it or cooking it in sauce wasn’t the best way to go .I thought 1 would’ve been enough since I use about 1/4 of the sauce at a time I thought that would be plenty but I dunno.
$50 pot a sauce ☹️

Make the cannabutter first with oil or butter and then use that in your recipe. Tomatoes are only going to hinder the extraction process.

I recently infused butter with distillate. I'm going to be using this medicated butter to dip crabs in after I boil them.

Happy 420 :alien:

@Just a little pinprick Did you decarboxylate the weed first? Some people say that you can decarboxylate as you cook/simmer your sauce but you have to get the temperature fairly accurately.

In my opinion, it’s easier to decarboxylate (the chemical transformation part) and then as you simmer slowly you’re getting a solid liquid phase interaction and the THC will get leached from the weed. I’ve never felt the need to add extra olive oil for extraction but do for taste.

Tom