• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cooking tomato sauce & weed?

when you cook edibles you want to use a high fat content food or cooking ingredient such as butter or oils. This is because THC is much more soluble in fats and it will maximise and increase potency/efficiency when cooked on a low heat for extended durations.

If you eat decarbed weed with a pot of tomato sauce, i cannot say what would happen to me it sounds rather disgusting however they also say you should not cook tomato in non-scratch pots and pans because it can leech harmful chemicals into your food so perhaps it would extract more than cooking with something non tomato but also non fatty.

when you cook edibles you want to use a high fat content food or cooking ingredient such as butter or oils. This is because THC is much more soluble in fats and it will maximise and increase potency/efficiency when cooked on a low heat for extended durations.

If you eat decarbed weed with a pot of tomato sauce, i cannot say what would happen to me it sounds rather disgusting however they also say you should not cook tomato in non-scratch pots and pans because it can leech harmful chemicals into your food so perhaps it would extract more than cooking with something non tomato but also non fatty.
Yes I always add oil ground beef,chicken that’s about as fatty as I get, simmer 2-3 hrs till it’s 👍
I never heard about non scratch pots though,my cookware is stainless .

You gotta try it as written once, it's so minimal and you really taste the tomatoes + butter richness.

i have her book and made it - i thought the butter thing threw the whole thing off...

maybe make cannabutter or a cannaoil first and then use that in place in any recipe that calls for butter or oil

I’d only add 2 cans sauce ,1 can paste ,sugar and a bunch of garlic cloves to that….

4 or 5 cloves of garlic sliced ultra thin, a tablespoon or 2 of EVOO, 2 28 oz cans of whole tomatoes (san marzano or organic), either hand chopped or a couple quick pulses in the blender, a teaspoon of fine sea salt...bring to a quick boil and then simmer wiithout stirring and skim the pools of acid off the top for about 15 minutes

and then if you wanna make your pot of sauce ala krinkle sunday sauce, get some ground hot italian sausage, make little 1 inch meatballs, and then let them braise in the sauce for another 30 minutes

You’ll want to make the butter or oil first. Because the simmer time plus high volume of water to fat will make for poor extraction id feel. Making it first you ensure it’s made properly then just use when you need it.

Olive oil isn’t ideal for cannabinoid extraction, I’d make butter very concentrated then just sub a small portion of the olive oil in the recipe with the butter. Or just add it in without subbing, more fat never hurt a dish lol.

-GC

4 or 5 cloves of garlic sliced ultra thin, a tablespoon or 2 of EVOO, 2 28 oz cans of whole tomatoes (san marzano or organic), either hand chopped or a couple quick pulses in the blender, a teaspoon of fine sea salt...bring to a quick boil and then simmer wiithout stirring and skim the pools of acid off the top for about 15 minutes

and then if you wanna make your pot of sauce ala krinkle sunday sauce, get some ground hot italian sausage, make little 1 inch meatballs, and then let them braise in the sauce for another 30 minutes
I smash about 10 cloves and fry that with oil and a can of paste for 10 minutes ,break up whole tomatoes with a wooden spoon then dump everything else in the pot,stir frequently so the bottom done burn.Must simmer at least two hrs.Viola.

Sometimes with pasta sometimes just a loaf a bread,it’s that good.

I'd recommend coconut oil over olive oil, as it binds better with THC and cannabinoids and whatnot.
Might not be the ultimate flavor combination, but I always got better edibles from coconut oil than any other oil.

I'd recommend coconut oil over olive oil, as it binds better with THC and cannabinoids and whatnot.
Might not be the ultimate flavor combination, but I always got better edibles from coconut oil than any other oil.

There’s is MCT oil which is purified coconut oil to remove taste. But at that point best to use butter cuz it’s better than MCT for extraction plus might be preferable taste wise for this dish.

-GC