View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Conversion of 4-AcO- into 4-Ho Tryptamines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put some in a 20% alcahol solution (bourbon and tap water 50/50) and put it in the freezer, about 2 months later it still knocked my freaking socks off exactly as expected. That was only 2 months though

That kind of explanations always seem like the most elegant ones to me since they account for all reported sides of the discussion (somewhat don't they?).

WOW, It really does! :D

Interesting, didn't think of the enzyme's conversion rate.

So I took a power nap to refresh my mind and than came to this: Starts on post 95

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=342544&page=4

SE. :)

But yea, they are saying it may last a month or so. How about the freezing idea? No, ill pry just get a freakin scale.

I think the cost difference between 0,01 and 0,001 is negligable if you look well enough. Those jewel scales should be fine. Don't only look at 4-AcO-DMT to use that scale, maybe you will want to use something that has to be dosed singly and you'd regret only having a 0,01 gram accuracy.
I thought I was smart and got a 0,005 gr instead of 0,001 gr but I paid a hell of a lot for it to be trustworthy more than accurate. Turns out? A number of friends I have got a small 0,001 gr scale that was pretty cheap that is actually sufficient :\ I felt ripped off. Maybe there are lame ones that go up and down all the time and stuff but personally I have become surprised to see them function well enough.

I think the difference between psilocybin and psilacetin is the ester, which is polar in one (psilocybin) and less polar in the other (acetin). Psilocybin can't cross the BBB, so even if it were active in the brain it can never get there. Psilacetin however can get across the BBB, so it is possible that a small amount would get into the brain before it has the chance to get hydrolyzed into psilocin. However there's no way to know if it would even bind to 5ht receptors with the ester still intact.

More likely explanation is that the absorption, distribution and metabolism differs just enough to give some variation in effects between psilocybin and psilacetin.

A good method for volume-measuring of chemicals that aren't very stable in solution is to solve them, measure the doses and let the solvent vape of afterwards. Use large flat glass dishes for this

btw why the heck is there fluoride in distilled water, making it useless for many applications? Reminds me somehow on Dr Strangelove =D

Well it has a baby on the label, which is weird because they don't have teeth and the fluoride is probably for nothing but dental purposes. In what section did you buy this? There should be all-purpose distilled/demi water.

About the volumetric-evap method, Chasing, this would be mainly for small doses let's say 6 or 8 mg. If you let the solvent evaporate and you have such a tiny bit of material I would think that handling that into something like a capsule makes you lose like half of it on the way, wouldn't you? Otherwise its cool if you can explain further...
My solution to this problem is using blotting paper (not like LSD blotter but joint rolling rice paper), drop the small volume of solution on that and let it evaporate. Then fold or crinkle up and optionally put it in a capsule for practicality.

I consider this thread valuable but it's a hodgyposhy mishmash gallimaufry of subjects. Best to cut it up if we approach a dead end.

It is a bit of work, yes, but I thínk you do not lose more than 5% if you are adept this method. I usually scrape it off the glass dish, transfer it to a folded piece of paper and dump it in a capsule from there. Works great for me.

Blotter paper is a great idea. In fact, thats the way I dose DOXs. It would be interesting to know, how much substance the typical blotter paper can hold. I usually soak a square centimetre with 1mg.

I could be wrong about this, I'm no expert on the subject

You could be, but you're not! :D

It would be interesting to know, how much substance the typical blotter paper can hold

Well I know about some blotting paper with 4mg of DOM per square cm, but that's about the limit IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Fluoride is basic enough I guess to split the phenolic ester.Assuming enough fluoride is present which I doubt.

Fluoride is basic enough I guess to split the phenolic ester.Assuming enough fluoride is present which I doubt.

Considering fluoride is an inhibitor of oxidative phosphorylation in red blood cells (why only them? fuck knows!) at doses equivalent of those of cyanide for all the body's other cells, so I can't imagine there being much fluoride present at all

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering fluoride is an inhibitor of oxidative phosphorylation in red blood cells (why only them? fuck knows!) at doses equivalent of those of cyanide for all the body's other cells, so I can't imagine there being much fluoride present at all

My toothpaste has 1400 ppm fluoride in it. That is not for consumption though but do some advanced calculus see if you get somewhere heheh.

Out of curiosity, if the 4-aco-dmt turned into psilocin, it would still be safe to dose?

4-aco-dmt method of ingestion question

It is my understanding that 4-aco-dmt when taken oraly gets converted to 4-ho-dmt by your stomach MAO's. If you took a different route of ingestion such as insufflated or IV'd would it just make it to your brain as 4-aco-dmt? And what would that be like? A couple IV trip reports I read gave me the impression of it being much like standard DMT.

I think it's actually not MAO that would do this, but acetylase.

Besides, it is not well understood yet what the pharmacokinetics of acetoxy psychedelics are.

There is a recent thread on this topic, and this thread will firstly be joined with that one, discussion about the ROA being
of influence on the pharmacokinetics of these AcO's may continue there.

^ Don't think you'd even need an enzyme as phenolic esters hydrolyse pretty easily and 0.1M hydrochloric acid (as secreted by the lining of the stomach) is probaly enough to hydrolyse 4-AcO DMT, at least to some degree

Gut MAO would totally inactivate the 4-AcO DMT if it had the chance (but luckily 4-hydroxytryptamines seem to be resistant to the approaches of MAO)

Well some gets broken down by MAO in the gut - MAOI prtevent that small amont from that fater & therefore potentiate the drug. The potentiation is nothing like that obtained by DMT/DET/DPT by an MAOI though

Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

Status
Not open for further replies.