• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Continued paranoid delusions after quitting IV meth

Wonderwoman88

Greenlighter
I'm 97 days clean (thanks rehab) and I'm still experiencing a lot of paranoid delusions like seeing shadows, thinking people are plotting against me, cars following me, cameras in random stuff. Some delusions less real than others, but even the fleeting thoughts bother me. I was shooting a gram or more a day, a quarter gram each shot, of garbage meth for about five months.
Have I permanently fucked myself or will I get better? And can anyone relate?

It will stop eventually. Might I ask, were you prescribed anything to help with symptoms?
I cold turkeyed from over a year of daily use. 1/2 to 1 g daily. Stayed clean for 11 months, and to be honest, it took 5 months( and a lot of forced association with sober “ strangers” ) to even start to feel right.
Welcome home. We’re all a llittle mad here. The best people are.

I
It will stop eventually. Might I ask, were you prescribed anything to help with symptoms?
I cold turkeyed from over a year of daily use. 1/2 to 1 g daily. Stayed clean for 11 months, and to be honest, it took 5 months( and a lot of forced association with sober “ strangers” ) to even start to feel right.
Welcome home. We’re all a llittle mad here. The best people are.
I only take a mood stabilizer (Lamictal) and antidepressant (wellbutrin). And thanks.

Wellbutrin was a no for me , was a key factor I think in demise. Before that was on lexapro10 mg in mornings

I'm 97 days clean (thanks rehab) and I'm still experiencing a lot of paranoid delusions like seeing shadows, thinking people are plotting against me, cars following me, cameras in random stuff. Some delusions less real than others, but even the fleeting thoughts bother me. I was shooting a gram or more a day, a quarter gram each shot, of garbage meth for about five months.
Have I permanently fucked myself or will I get better? And can anyone relate?
Ok you might see a person walking down the street to the store

And in your mind, you think they are plotting against you, or going into the store to make a phone call to report where your at to continue following through out that day —————> that’s Negative thinking

start thinking positive Like that person going into the store not to plot against you, but to buy a soda and continue on with his regular life

I used to think cars where also following me and that people where too plotting against me

but I eventually had to let those thoughts go, i used to think I had about 2 months until those cars that where following me would eventually “get”me

but here I am 5 years later safe and sound 🙂

The healing takes time.

Some of my meth-induced social anxiety stuck around for years after I quit and I wasn't using "heavily" at all and only for about 8 months, insufflation only.