• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Considering tripping alone on LSD to help cure addiction?

sillystar9

Greenlighter
I have been addicted to ketamine for the passed 4 months and adderall on/off for the passed 4 years.

I started taking adderall again to ease the K addiction but they are both a problem I really do not need.

Ive had 6 tabs of LSD in my freezer for months waiting for the right time/person/reason to trip and I think this is it.

I have tripped alone before but with no clear intent. I'm considering tripping alone possibly tonight or sometime soon with my focus on stopping the addiction.

Anyone who has done this before/some advice would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't done it specifically for addiction, but have tripped while living an addictive lifestyle with alcohol and/or weed. Definitely makes you confront it head on. If you go in with that intention there is a definite possibility it will help. However, you still have to be able to carry on the insights from the trip through to the next day, day after that, etc.

I think LSD can beneficial for addiction. I took it while in active heroin addiction, and I definitely noticed a decrease in cravings and needing to dose and stuff for a good week or two after the actual trip.

LSD has been shown to help treat alcoholism. So there may be some beneficial effects for you. But, I think with out a therapist to guide you it may be hard to get the most out of your experience.

Well LSD would be beneficial in your situation. Maybe not at a low dose though. For me low doses of acid always provide fun and love but not much insight. When I take two tabs I start to really think deeply and get the feeling of I'm glad that this is not my baseline state. High doses of LSD or any psychedelic will help you appreciate you baseline state more. That is my favorite thing about them. Low doses of acid leave me wanting more acid. Really elaborate mentally and prepare for your trip. That will help you confront the addiction. Good luck and safe tripping.

It only helps substance problems if the person in question actually desires to quit...I've seen lsd been given to severe alcoholics enough to know that it's no antidote for the desire to drink heavily or shoot up.

With that being said it does show tremendous promise when it comes to treating addiction IMO

I think a lot of it depends on the person. Ketamine is only psychologically addictive anyway.
I know this sounds crazy but what if you end up developing a psychological addiction to LSD as well?

I have a bit of an addiction to psychedelics... I can't get enough of them! 2C-E, LSD, DOM, shrooms, even DPT... I'll happily take them twice a week or more. I don't actually need them but when I have them in my possession I abuse the fuck out of them. Then again; psychedelic abuse is a hell of a lot less dangerous than ketamine abuse.

Yeah man I hope you get over your addiction... that is a dark place that many of us have been..

That being said are you trying to absolutely rid yourself of addiction? If so, you may want to look into rehab..

Taking LSD is amazing and has changed many lives... but it may just be substitution for you like AA357 said.

Good Luck.

I'd try it with the stipulation that I throw away my stash mid trip. Getting yourself to do that will make you realize how bad you want to quit, and affirming your goal will help significantly
I swear more MXE gets flushed down toilets than every other drug put together.