• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

conserving weed

Intghrn

Greenlighter
i currently have have a gram of blue cheese and recieve my new pipe in 2 days. how do i conserve enough to have one bowl for my new piece, any thoughts?

Well, don't smoke any until you get your pipe.
Especially if it's cheese. Don't smoke cheese, ever. ;)

i love blue cheese. hate pipes though.

a fat gram joint would be amazing rn.

i'd roll a 0.7g and then save a 0.3 for a nice fat bowl.

cheese tastes amazing.

No where im from tryna make weed last is fiendish but not as fiendish as using a bong yuck!

To conserve weed, I usually mix it with tobacco. I use less per joint and for some reason I get higher, but maybe thats just me. Mixing with tobacco has definitely helped me save weed and money, but if you don't like tobacco, I'd recommend a gravity bong. Here's a link. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_bong

I weigh my daily allotment. So, I'll buy 28 grams flower and it nearly always lasts me at least 28 days. I weight out a gram every day. I try to have some left over each evening. If I do, the next night I'll put the leftover on the scale and only add new bud from the jar up to a gram weight. This really helps with tolerance, and conserving weed. I'd share my cannabis with others but that's illegal here. So, it makes it easy, when smoking socially the non-medical friends know they have to "byoc." So, I will take my medicine with me if I'm going to staying the night away from home, in state. Long weekend, weight three grams, maybe add a little extra in case of excess pain.

I smoke b/w 0.5 - 1.0-g/day medical mmj, high THC potency flower. Anyone can adjust weights to their budget, desired level of use, to monitor usage, etc...

I find concentrates too impulsive and that they tend to burn out my receptors or something. Blows tolerance through the roof and the effects seems to be more THC (less balanced high than flower), but that's maybe just me. Being medical I can get great deals on everything, but I only smoke or eat edibles. I don't use both at the same time, seems I don't really feel bong hits on top of edibles. So, those days I conserve my flower, and yesterday I found myself medicated with edibles less expensively than flower! Edibles more economical than flower? Indeed for medical anyway! Sorry to go off topic a bit.

No where im from tryna make weed last is fiendish but not as fiendish as using a bong yuck!
Every time I pop over into CD, I get at least one face-palm. This is my face-palm for this visit 8(

When i smoked, my main peice was a aluminum one hitter pipe, you know the ones that come with the wooden box you can put bud in, the pipe only holds one or two hits, it's the size of a cig.

They cost between 3-5 bucks at your local headshop/tobacco shop.

I never used a box though, just the pipe, use that and it will conserve you bud greatly, it will only take 2-4 hitters to get good and high, it will feel like you smoked a bowl but instead of using .2 or .3 for a bowl you are only using like .1 so do that and that gram should last 2-5 days and save you enough for a bowl depending how many times you toke per day.

Also, why cant you just go buy another gram?

BTW, blue cheese is a awesome strain, i don't blame you for trying to save a bowl pack, it was always one of my favorites, always super tasty and that piney, blueberry, earthy cheesey smell mmmmmmm.

I've found the best way to both conserve weed and keep your tolerance in check is to limit the amount that you smoke, not so much the frequency. Switching from 0.2g bowls of good quality weed to 0.05-0.07g snaps (two-three large pipe hits) eventually forces your tolerance to adjust after a couple of days. You'll also get high every time you smoke, rather than getting seemingly immune by the end of the day. Cannabis is awesome like that, you can use it day after day and simply reduce the dose, and your tolerance will follow suit. :)

Every time I pop over into CD, I get at least one face-palm. This is my face-palm for this visit 8(

That troll's finally banned now.

I'm sort of new at this. but I believe if you bore a hole out of a block of (especially blue cheese) and save the plug after you chop enough off of the plug to allow space for to store the cannabis inside of the block that will work. Then putting the butt-plug in will keep it moist enough and smelling more like better stuff after u remove the plastic-wrapped baggie. But it is a good idea to use a pin or sewing needle to poke holes all over the baggie before placing it inside. [This is for only storing extra pot for later use].

Fuck conserving weed. Roll that shit light it smoke it buy more.

Any time someone IRL talks about conserving weed "cheap (((***))) bastard" pops in my head.

Shit, weed is grown to be smoked, is it not? Smoke that shit!!

Fuck conserving weed. Roll that shit light it smoke it buy more.

So what's the problem with ensuring that you're able to keep smoking when unable to buy more? "Conserving" is synonymous with "moderation" to me, and there's nothing wrong with sticking to a gram a day when you know an 8th a day would destroy your bank account in the long run.

Maintaining a lifestyle doesn't really equate to being a cheap bastard, imo, it just hurts other peoples feelings when you won't smoke with them.

^^ Agreed. We can all find our level of use that makes us comfortable, in the pursuit of that is often a desire to find a level of use that one can afford while allowing for daily use. I think that's what this thread was about.

To each their own, but it's not like cannabis grows on trees. It also doesn't grow itself for our purposes, not easily or in high quality & yield.

If you can afford to smoke all you want great, I can, but I conserve anyway. 1-g/day, I have stuff to do and I find cannabis isn't conducive to my work. Conservation is somewhat synonymous with moderation. Also, by keeping track of my use I can be sure I don't jack my tolerance, and I know that cutting down by 75% for a few days will drop my tolerance. When I do drop for a tolerance reset I know exactly how much to cut back to. Helps to maintain the kind of high I got when I first smoked thirty years ago. I still get all the great effects.

To each their own...

Hey guys salutatutions to all 26 yr veteran here im afraid i have to agree with treezy and strongly disagree with jib.. in my experience its "people tryna" "conserve their herb" that seperates the fiends from the casual experimenters im not specifically calling anyone here or say your as bad as some pf the chaps ive seen but if your tryna make your herb left and cant function without it jibult im afraid thats addiction just dnt be mooching that green g!

i dont see the point in conserving anything when i know ill never run out ever.

living life likeee a rich man dnt beg db here wot i sayyyyy no dnt beg hi!

Hey guys salutatutions to all 26 yr veteran here im afraid i have to agree with treezy and strongly disagree with jib.. in my experience its "people tryna" "conserve their herb" that seperates the fiends from the casual experimenters im not specifically calling anyone here or say your as bad as some pf the chaps ive seen but if your tryna make your herb left and cant function without it jibult im afraid thats addiction just dnt be mooching that green g!

...Who said anything about functionality?

Marijuana is a finite resource, purchased with currency (also a finite resource.) Managing your money and, subsequently, drugs so that you always have a bank account that could carry you for 8 months with no income despite always wishing for intoxication is pretty much the opposite of succumbing to addiction. Having an unlimited amount of money and drugs at your disposal, in my opinion, puts you in a much worse position with regard to the inherent dangers of substance abuse than a person who knows their limit and is able to say no when they want to say yes.

You get all that puffwee? I know you got the boot on your last like 16,523,654,789 accounts but we can finish our convo right here, bud.

Once again, got my CD face-palm for the day. And in the same thread?! This place just keeps on giving 8)

Ain't nothing wrong with conserving your damned weed man! I'd argue it's more 'junkie' like to smoke it all up quick and then go blow the rest of your lunch money for the week on another bag :!

The true key to conservation is to limit your tolerance, and to do so you need to cut daily intake. I try to limit myself to one sesh each night, one bowl max, if I'm trying to conserve for any period.

all i said was i dont worry about running out.. actually jib it looks like your drugs are making u paranoid