• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Conscious sedation nervousness

BurritoJimmy

Bluelighter
Any former alcoholics have trouble with withdrawal after conscious sedation? Im having a procedure where they will probably give me midazolam and am worried about possible after effects since I can't drink anymore without experiencing withdrawal effects even though Ive only had about 4 days the last year where I've had at most 2 drinks. I do fine with the 1 MG Ativan I take on as needed basis but I'm thinking the midazolam dose may take a rougher toll.

try to make the apt as early as possible
well midazolam has a very short half life like i can compare it to xanax in terms of half life 6 to 12 hours IMO its more like 6 hrs if you metabolize meds like normal
i had midazolam before but its not a rough ride you might actually enjoy it( i know i did haha) youll be able to handle it if you can handle 1mg of ativan
IME it felt like after busting one out and being super relaxed haha

i actually drank a couple beers that same day to i took midazolam all it did was put me to sleep after 2 beers and slept like a baby which again isnt a bad thing
i am currently an alcoholic that drinks 2 to 4 beers a night and suppose to have a endoscopy myself
talked to the doc and that if i really needed to drink after the test to wait until atleast 10 pm 11pm midnight etc im scheduled for 8 am
but the next day you should be fine to drink or if needed by the next afternoon

just do it man, youll be alright

Talk to your doctor that prescribes you the medication about this, or talk to a medical professional about it if you take it and you're not prescribed it. Good luck and stay safe.