• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Connection between LSD and lucid dreams?

lucidly

Greenlighter
Today I was having a nap and had the most interesting lucid dream ever. I won't go into detail about what the dream was as that would make the post too long but basically I was fully aware that I am dreaming and in control of what was happening. I took the LSD two days ago so I wasn't under the effect but do you think it's possible that acid and lucid dreaming are somehow connected in a sense that it may make it easier to trigger such a dream? I never really used any technique to induce lucid dreams and have only had one or two prior to that experience, in other words it's not something common for me and it got me wondering. Have any of you had such experience after the use of LSD or other psychedelics?

I started having lucid dreams about a month or two before I started regular trips.

I think it's more about your daily mindset that causes them not actual LSD usage. It likely could have been caused by some thought you had while on your trip.

A few years ago I went through a period of using psychedelics pretty heavily. When I eventually stopped tripping I started having vivid lucid dreams every night. I hadn't tried any kind of lucid dream induction technique or anything. Every night for a few weeks I had bad insomnia, would eventually fall asleep at 2-3am, and instantly be dreaming, often following a strange drifting out of body sensation.

Oh dude, take it from a chemistry major. LSD is superman for the parts of your brain that create dreams. My father is 64 and sometimes at night he still gets LSD flashbacks from when he took it in the 60's. LSD is a powerful substance.. and a great one if you ask me.

Dreams are definitely a mental thing, but don't be surprised for the lucidity of dreams to increase and even decrease after LSD usage. Just let them happen. My sister actually bought me a dream journal for Christmas, I highly recommend it. You know how hard it is to remember dreams? Well put that sucker next to your bed and when you wake up from a dream jot it down right away... My journal is full of the craziest shit but awesome shit.