• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Congestion after smoking

TageMyBoy

Bluelighter
I typically get congested after smoking weed. Recently I've been smoking wax concentrates instead but these also seem to make me somewhat congested. I have congestion problems in general but they seem to be a little worse when high. And I believe the wax may not make me as congested as traditional weed, but it still causes some problems. I'm careful about how I inhale and exhale (avoiding vapor/smoke going through nose) but I still seem to get more congested the majority of the time. Do you guys have any suggestions on how to alleviate these symptoms? It's kind of a damper on the high when you can breathe through your nose too well.

You can try a saline nasal spray to loosen it. Menthol vapours might help to soothe it too. Corticosteroid or stimulants can provide a temporary solution if it's severe, but shouldn't be used daily for long periods. You could also stop smoking/vaping until it clears up. Vaporising and/or using concentrates will cause less trouble too. Only thing that will really clear it up is stopping smoking/vaping.

Of course you wont get this problem if you eat it or use some other roa. It's just the smoke or vapour can be irritating.

Happens to me when i smoke blunts. I feel the denser the smoke ( more tar ) when it passes through your nose or throat can sort of clog up a certain percentage of your air passageways. Like I'd never experience this with paper, edibles or vapor. Only blunts really. Idk.

Hey I get this too. Even before I smoked I had alergies and smoking definitely makes them worse. Only thing that seems to help is to smoke less and to make sure to smoke outdoors.