Technical Problem Confusion or Technical Problem - Deleting Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalpat077

Bluelighter
Here's an interesting one for you.

If you take a look at the post on the link below you'll note that there's an image in the post (it's my post). That image WAS located on Imgur but I've deleted it from Imgur yet the image still appears in my post.

I'm taking a flier here but this surely can only be possible if either the image is still cached on Imgur or the image is copied here and is still cached here?

I'm just curious really. I would have imagined that once an image had been deleted from the site that it was being hosted on then all that would remain here in a post would be either nothing or a placeholder (or link to an image that no longer exists).

The thread in which the post and image is contained was closed (as per the thread starters request) so I cannot go and edit the post and delete the link to the image myself. This being said: it has nothing to do with the thread having being locked because I've the same thing happening in an open PM (still contains an image hosted on Imgur but the image no longer exists).

In an effort to troubleshoot I've made darn sure that every single cache on my notebook has been cleared and no cookies or temp. files exist and that the image is not cached somewhere locally as well so this part I'm sure about.

It's not a big deal. I do want the image deleted in the post below i.e. it was funny yesterday but every time I see it I want to vomit (for those that don't know it's simply a spoof of that famous Sharon Stone scene with Michael Douglas from the movie Basic Instant). Like I said: it was funny yesterday and served its purpose but it's probably one of the most distasteful images I've ever seen! :giggle:

On the other hand: I don't mind it being left there so that we can see how long it will take to actually disappear by itself. Assuming it's being cached (somewhere) that is. If images are somehow being copied from the site on which they're being hosted to this site (and/or being cached here) well then obviously disallowing images to be uploaded (in order to save space) is a futile exercise.

Here's a link to the post:

I assume it's just temporarily cached on our site (if you right-click the image and copy the URL, you get a Bluelight URL) and would disappear after some amount of time (the length of which I am not aware of).

In any case, I removed the image for you.

I assume it's just temporarily cached on our site (if you right-click the image and copy the URL, you get a Bluelight URL) and would disappear after some amount of time (the length of which I am not aware of).

In any case, I removed the image for you.
Hi.

Thanks very much.

Would have been interesting to see how long it would have taken for it do disappear on its own. But no worries.

Note also: not me thinking there's something nefarious going on or questioning privacy issues or anything like that. Purely technical in nature and nothing more (was the reason for my query).

When I started this thread I thought I'd delete it after the anomaly had been investigated and resolved but I'll leave it here i.e. I doubt I'll be the last person to notice such anomaly.

If you're alright with above then you can lock this thread. If not: feel free to delete it.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.