• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Confusing/Scary Comedown after dosing orally and insufflating over 24 Hours

jp117

Greenlighter
I know there are plenty of threads that address the comedown and how much it sucks, but I've never seen someone describe these particular symptoms:

I snorted a small bump at about 5 AM, after two oral doses and one snorted (with vast amounts of time apart). At around 11 AM while I was at work I began getting a horribly tense feeling in my core muscles, which has happened before and I know it's pretty normal. This is where it got weird:

I feel like I started physically tweaking but I know i've done a lot more than this before and the source hasn't changed. with the jerkiness and uncontrollable shaking accented by "Brain Zap" type feelings of electrical current randomly shooting through my body intermittently. I get up to walk and it happens worse for a second then subsides. It's almost like the hypnic jerks kids used to get when they fall asleep with their heads on their desks. I need to know what could be causing this if you have any insight.

Last edited:
I've only had that happen once and it was after I took methylation B-vitamins to see how it would affect the comedown ;/ Did you figure out what caused it? Did you take any supplements that day or eat or drink anything different from your usual?

I got those hypnic jerks once, scared the shit out of me. Every 1 minute or so my whole body would jerk, I threw my phone a few times. Emergency people on the phone had no idea what it was and wouldn't come to help me either. It lasted about 10 hours. It was after drinking too much and having Voltaren (Diclofenac). Sorry I can't help more but it was definitely a random one off event for me.

You don't actually say what you're taking but I assume it's meth or street speed. The CNS is a complex beast, and no two times of taking a drug are ever exactly the same. Beware that stimulant-type drugs can lower the seizure threshold though. So I'd advise you to take a break and be very careful if you take some again in the future, and avoid taking other stimulants like caffeine alongside it.

That?s exactly what it was like! Scary stuff for sure.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I did not figure out what caused it, the only thing I can think is an extreme deficiency of something in my system due to frequent Meth use, coupled with exhaustion. I had used almost daily for about four months up to this point, and sometimes binged for 1-2 days at a time. After experiencing those similar symptoms twice in a week it was enough for me to put Meth away for a while, if not forever.

I had to come to terms with the fact that some people can handle this substance and have fun on it without becoming consumed by it, but the overwhelming majority of people cannot, and I fell into that category unfortunately. This definitely is not a drug to take lightly, and I would caution anyone who is thinking of trying it to treat it with the utmost respect and caution, because it is incredibly potent and downright dangerous to the wrong type of person.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I did not figure out what caused it, the only thing I can think is an extreme deficiency of something in my system due to frequent Meth use, coupled with exhaustion. I had used almost daily for about four months up to this point, and sometimes binged for 1-2 days at a time. After experiencing those similar symptoms twice in a week it was enough for me to put Meth away for a while, if not forever.

I had to come to terms with the fact that some people can handle this substance and have fun on it without becoming consumed by it, but the overwhelming majority of people cannot, and I fell into that category unfortunately. This definitely is not a drug to take lightly, and I would caution anyone who is thinking of trying it to treat it with the utmost respect and caution, because it is incredibly potent and downright dangerous to the wrong type of person.

Don't feel bad about you can't handle it can be much worse. I can get hangovers lasting more than a week after a single commmon dose amphs with 3 months in between. I'll try to see it as a warning to stop taking it..maybe u should do too even though its very hard.

I heard stories of people that it took more than 4 years of quiting amphs before they felt normal again that's a lot of time wasted imho.