L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Confusing girl, need outside advice

EphemeralOutlet141

Bluelight Crew
Needing some unbiased advice about this. If you guys have seen some of my recent posts around these sections you'll probably know what I'm talking about (and probably be tired of it [more has happened since then which is why I bring it up yet again]). If not, I'll fill you in. Get comfortable.

I know this girl through a group of mutual friends, some of which I have been romantically involved with and/or dated before. She's generally a quiet type, I had not talked to her very much or really noticed her. As I began to see these friends more often I got to know her a little more. I dated her best friend and during our breakup I often spoke to her for guidance. I started crushing and we hungout a little bit. She was very into me, but I was often distant and indecisive. We've been on and off for about two years, completely of my volition.

As of lately I've grown up a bit, starting to realize what I want and need from a relationship (and how I should treat people in general). She fit nearly all of those categories. A few weeks before this realization, she reinitiated contact and we had light-hearted conversation nearly every day. I started subtly putting it out their that I was interested. Buying her stuff, hanging out a lot, more serious conversation well into nights. I thought I was getting good vibes until she started blatantly giving me the cold shoulder and generally treating me like I had done to her in the past (obviously I had deserved it though, I will not argue that).

I brought it up to her and we talked about it. I broke the news that I was really into her and I was stupid and messed up a good thing. I asked if things could ever be that way between us again, being more than friends. She gave me an extremely ambiguous confusing answer, saying "we should ALWAYS be friends". At the time, I took it as "no, we'll always just be friends".

Since that conversation, she still talks to me every day. We have the same deep conversations and make date-like plans. I don't know about you guys, but I don't do that with friends. I've given it a lot of thought and maybe what she said to me at the end of our conversation had another meaning. Perhaps I was being tested, and she really meant that I needed to prove myself a true and caring friend before things went further.

I held back all impulses to be spiteful and let the rejection get to me. I've been sweet as fuck throughout the whole thing, I know it's the right thing to do.

What do you all think?

Last edited:
Go on a date... and its not a "hang out with friends date-type of thing". You know, dinner, drinks, dance club (if she dances - at all) or hang out at a club with a bad-ass local band - that you can both enjoy.

Don't make the date seem like a friend, thing. be clear in your intentions.

I'm glad you got your girl in the end. Fate must be really on your side!

With relationships you always have to persevere and never give up.

Be careful not to make the same mistakes again and hang on to her. Once you've found 'the one', everything in life just seems so much better.

Good luck in your relationship, all the best x