• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Confused?!

MadHatter91

Greenlighter
So a little background before I ask this question. I am currently on Alprazolam (0.5- 1-2 daily), Zolpidem Tartrate (was told generic makes a difference- 10mg), and oxycodone (10-325). I am currently a dialysis patient so I take these for need not really for the fun of it.I have a very hard time sleeping and I was switched from Trazodone 50mg x3 a night to the Zolpidem. The first night I fell asleep and didn't even know it. It was great, but now I feel like I am in a limbo. I wake up all through the night tossing and turning feeling super panic and anxiety and restless.I was reading that generic Ambien can cause this, is this the case? I was on regular Ambien and if I take it 3 nights in a row I get a wicked migraine that lasts all day, but yet so far the generic hasn't done that. I am confused on the what the hell is going on. All I want to do is sleep through the night! I am hooked up to a machine which is horrible alone to then add this is like being in hell nightly. :X

(I am new, so if this is in the wrong area I apologize)

Thank you,
-K-

That sucks to be addicted to not only benzos but opiated also damn man. Maybe you can withdrawl cold turkey now and then later you womt be risking siezires

I honestly would get an MD's opinion on this one. There are things we here at BL can be helpful about but given the complex regimen of meds you are on plus dialysis there is probably a subtle insight that a doctor could provide as long as they have your full medical history history, it will be tough for us to do that here online. I've struggled with insomnia for many years and have to take Ambien every night or it's a big disaster so I know what you are going through.

That sucks to be addicted to not only benzos but opiated also damn man. Maybe you can withdrawl cold turkey now and then later you womt be risking siezires
If you thoroughly read the post, you would see the OP is on these meds because of illness and needs them. Suggesting withdrawing cold turkey is reckless advice.

Madhatter91, it's a good idea to speak with your physician and tell him about the bad reactions you're having to zolpidem. It seems whether it's generic or name brand, it's not working for you. There's other drugs that can be prescribed to help you get some sleep. I hope you can find some relief soon!

Generic Ambien

So a little background before I ask this question. I am currently on Alprazolam (0.5- 1-2 daily), Zolpidem Tartrate (was told generic makes a difference- 10mg), and oxycodone (10-325). I am currently a dialysis patient so I take these for need not really for the fun of it.I have a very hard time sleeping and I was switched from Trazodone 50mg x3 a night to the Zolpidem. The first night I fell asleep and didn't even know it. It was great, but now I feel like I am in a limbo. I wake up all through the night tossing and turning feeling super panic and anxiety and restless.I was reading that generic Ambien can cause this, is this the case? I was on regular Ambien and if I take it 3 nights in a row I get a wicked migraine that lasts all day, but yet so far the generic hasn't done that. I am confused on the what the hell is going on. All I want to do is sleep through the night! I am hooked up to a machine which is horrible alone to then add this is like being in hell nightly. :X (I am new, so if this is in the wrong area I apologize) Thank you, -K-
Welcome to Bluelight. No need to apologise. Your new. You get a few free passes(use them wisely :) ). First off, I feel for your situation. I take very similar medications as you, so I figure I can help. I previously took Ambien/Zolpidem for 5+ years. Insurance always makes you get generic, so I always took the 10 Mg Zolpidem tablets that were generic. I had a few different kinds of generics also. Round tiny ones, large rectangular ones, etc. I always had about the same potency all the time. Now maybe generics can give a odd reaction. I never had one. I don't know how your insurance works, but your doctor can usually get a prior authorization form and tell insurance your having a reaction to Zolpidem and you need name brand. You probably are having a reaction to the medicine. If your not used to sleeping pills, they can really give you side effects, or you simply cannot handle that type of medication. If you have a good relationship with your doctor, you might try a benzodiazepine based sleeping pill like Temazepam. I use Temazepam, and it works nicely for me. I recommend it, is because it starts nice and low at 7.5 mg. That could be all you need. Talk it over with your doctor. your side effects are not normal. Speed King