Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Confused about MDMA dosage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilzyWilzy

Bluelighter
Hi all,

So, I am obtaining 1 gram of MDMA crystals/powder on Friday from somebody that I somewhat trust with the purity of the chemical.

The gram will be shared between me and my boyfriend but in no way are we intending to use the whole gram between us after reading a minimal amount of advice on dosages etc.

What I am unsure of is that the fella who I'm getting it from has told me to take an initial 'bomb' of 250mg each then two hours later take the remaining 250mg.

This seems excessive to me as I was only planning on taking a 125mg bomb and perhaps top it up a couple of hours in with a further 50-70mg.

I questioned him about the 250mg dose range and he assured me that I would be fine and have a better trip.

I have been doing a spot of research and have come to the conclusion that I have been dealt conflicting advice.

Is there anyone experienced on the forum that could give me some real and genuine advice regarding this matter?

This is our first time in 12 years trying MDMA so I want to be as safe as possible. I've researched safety tips relating to during the trip; hydration and temperature etc but I am very confused as to what dosage would be right for us. 125mg with a small top up later on or 250mg to start all at once and a further 250mg two hours later?

He did however reveal to me that he once took a bomb with two grams in it at once. Am I smelling bullshit here?

We are in the UK.

Many thanks in advance for your support and I'm sorry if there are similar questions, I just wanted to get fresh, first hand advice.

Last edited:
If it's real MDMA, that guy is probably use to 250mg bombs. You are right in taking a smaller dose. It's all about how much you can handle comfortably. First time I did a double stack roll with at least 150mg, I tripped pretty good. Honestly, I don't know the exact dose. It was a double stack. You have to be sure it's real MDMA. That's the most important thing.

If your an experienced tripper, you could do 200mg, maybe more. If all is good, then you could bomb 150mg. The point is it will hit you quick by bombing it. If it's real MDMA , your friend is right about dosing. There is nothing wrong with taking a smaller dose. You would just trip a little more at 250mg. Do what's comfortable for you.
Personally, I think your going to do a smaller bomb, then immediately want some more. Think about the big dose. You will have a lot more fun.
Just be sure it's MDMA and your good to go.

Great harm reduction post by the way. Hey MilzyWilzy, I didn't realize it was you. You can handle 250mg, but if you only want 125, then that's cool. It's your roll. Hope I helped. I dosed MDMA a few times, and it was always fun. I hope to hear back from you, how it went.

Last edited:
If you end up doing 125mg which sounds a little low, make sure you redose(if your comfortable) at the two hour mark. And if you re dose, redose the same amount you initially took. 125 mg, two hours later 125mg.

I really think your friend is right. If you like tripping, do 250mg. You'll be high as fuck ;) but for real, do what your comfortable with.

You should pick up some nitrous oxide. You'll trip out more. Have a good safe time.

This is my first time taking MDMA in 12 years as stated in my original post, so, I am not an experienced roller in any sense.

Thank you for your advice, I won't be using nitrous oxide mate, I won't mix drugs as I am inexperienced. I've heard that nitrous is pretty dangerous too when being careless and mixing it. Not something I'll be doing for sure.

250mg really does seem excessive for an inexperienced user...I'm not sure what to do here.

I didn't know you were inexperienced. You are right. No other drugs. 125mg MDMA bomb, with a redoes at the two hour mark. You will be happy. Make sure your happy before you take it. Get some pattern stuff to look at. It will help you trip out. You'll be fine.

IMO. I once took 180mg in one shot and was pretty much overwhelmed. 250 is WAY to high if you ask me. Since you been out of the game awhile, I'd invest in a test kit. There's many RC out there now a days That a 250bomb of methylone would be intense and would mimic a lot of the MDxx experience. Maybe your dealer is also ignorant and not even know what product he has if he's taking "gram bombs"

Thanks Mazzab, I was leaning more towards the fact that 250mg is far too high. I'm going to start at 120-125mg and see how I feel.

My dealer thinks he knows his stuff and seems very knowledgable on the substance but giving me advice to take 2 250mg bombs just seems ridiculous and makes me doubt his so called intelligence.

Any further input would be greatly appreciated x

if your source knows what he is talking about concerning a good dose of his stuff, he either sold you at least 50% cut mdma or something different altogether.

a good dose that's enough for the average person without much tolerance is 120mg + a redose of half that amount.
be sure to test the material. common adulterants like methylone have a dosage range of 200-250mg.

Thank you black, I'm glad I've researched the dosages somewhat or I could have been in a world of shit at 2x250mg doses.

Imagine if I'd have trusted his word on the dose and gone overboard, wouldn't be very pretty for an inexperienced user, not to mention dangerous side effects.

Thanks.

reagent test it to make sure it's MDMA. 500mg of MDMA just doesn't make sense, it would fry off the brains of anyone without a monster tolerance.

MilzyWilzy, if your instinct is to dose small, then that is what you should do. That way you won't be in a bad state of mind thinking you should have dosed it and ended up listening to your source. You're frame of mind is very important. You rolling at home or trying to go out? I know for me and my girl, we dose a whole tab rated 220-250 mgs, and redose a half, but we have been doing it for a couple of years. Our first time years ago was about 180mg one tab each and that was plenty for a great 6-8 hour roll. I always advise a test kit also to make sure it's as advertised. When we re-dose it is at the 1 hour mark, we use a timer for the re-dose, if you plan to re-dose i would recommend a timer. Good luck and enjoy it.

Thank you so much for that information bluerex. We are planning on staying in, getting all intimate and cosy and just to enjoy each other on the drug.

Great idea, have plenty of massage oil, good music lined up and charge your phones. We end up doing a lot of pics and video to remember the night. Snapchat some videos to each other and watch them the next day. Watch your fluid intake.

Honestly, if it's really good molly (around 84% pure) then I would suggest no more than 200mgs for the first dose. I'm a male, 180lbs, medium tolerance to most substances, and 250mgs of some good straight glued me to the chair when I was peaking, couldn't really socialize, felt really great, but I would have rather dosed less and interacted more. Also, I notice that over 200mgs make my heart pound and my body heat rise intensely, and that can cause the experience to be less enjoyable depending on the environment and if you've had possible ODs on substances in the past. Just take it slow with the stuff, you can always dose more later... you can't un-dose. Hope this helps. Good luck!

250mg is a HUGE dose if you have no tolerance, start with like 75mg-100mg even if its not the best purity should still be very strong.

Thanks for all of your input guys.

I am unable to purchase MDMA now, I have been doing more research and have found that this cannot be taken with anti psychotics or tricyclic anti depressants as it is rather dangerous to do so and little to no effects would be felt from the drug.

I'm on anti psychotics and my partner is on TCA's.

I'd rather not take the risk of taking MDMA whilst on medication so it's a no go for us.

Could a mod please close this thread as it no longer serves a purpose to new replies.

Thanks.

Good call :) even when there was no interaction between these drugs, taking MDMA while you're dealing with mental issues is generally not advised, at least not without a therapist present, where MDMA is used to facilitate therapy. I wish you well, and once you overcome these issues, you will be glad you waited, because the experience will be all the more rewarding when you're in a good headspace to begin with

Closed as per OP's request. If you want to continue discussion, have some new questions or want to follow up on some answers here, send me a message and I will re-open the thread. If it's about another topic/question, you can also start a new thread

Take care!

*edit*
Oh by the way, +150mg is not a beginner dose, that is too much if you have high purity MDMA. Your weight and gender play a big part, here is an easy way of calculating a dose (when dealing with pure MDMA, but you need to always assume it is) -> 1mg-2mg/kg for males, 1mg-1.5mg/kg for females without a tolerance. There is no point in asking for a dose, because everyone is different, weight plays a role, gender plays a role, how much you had to eat, how much you slept,... better to calculate your own dose and adjust accordingly if that doesn't produce the effects you want

Status
Not open for further replies.