• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Confirming Identity of Drug

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluthinc

Greenlighter
Hello all,

First of all, please excuse me if this isn't the right sub-forum for this, I couldn't really see any others that were directly relevant. I need some help and y'all seem like the types who would know best.

The rub of it is I have a substance that I need to confirm the identity of before use. It is supposedly relatively pure, and I was wondering if anyone knew any good ways to check it's identity. I know what it should be, so I figure all I need to do is check it against the chemical properties of the substance in question using pubchem. So far I've been thinking of checking the solubility in alcohol and water, checking the transition temperatures on a hot plate, checking precipitate for notable crystal structure. But are there any other/better tests I could do with relatively cheap equipment at home? The more tests I am able to do the more my mind will be at ease, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Bluth inc.

@bluthinc
BL does not offer drug ID. Please read the BLUA and Forum Guidelines located at the top of the BDD forum.

The only to truly ID a substance is by using reagents such as marquis or erlich or send it off for laboratory testing. I encourage you to not use the substance if you dont know with certainty what it is.

I'm going to ghave to close this thread for the above reasons. Please feel free to PM if you have any questions.

Mr. Deeds

Status
Not open for further replies.