⭐️ Social ⭐️ Conditioning in Professional Level Open Bodybuilding - Olympia

GrymReefer

Bluelight Crew
With Big Ramy winning the 2020 Olympia this year it makes me wonder what really is considered quality conditioning for a professional level show now in comparison to past. Are we ever going to see the likes of someone stepping on stage again with conditioning like Munzer or Yates during his peak before all of his injuries?

Do you guys believe it's the drug choices and methodologies that have changed what is perceived as top level conditioning?

Do people not want to suffer that much to achieve that level of dryness?

Are diuretics even used as extensively as they once were?

I can spend days googling this topic and find so many different answers, but I know quite a few guys have competed here and wanted to hear their opinion on the matter.

Everything now days is used in higher amounts than ever. I know guys who are on IV drips in the hotel just to manage hydration and blood clotting.

As far as conditioning, there are a few guys coming in shredded, but it’s primarily the insulin and growth, along with genetics, that inhibits really insane conditioning. Always going to be some amount of subcutaneous water with the quantity of drugs those guys are using

I think their conditioning is actually pretty good, it more has to do with their muscles being "over inflated" from slin

I think that Ramy has understood this for the last couple years, but been too scared to let go of his tried and true cycle that gave him mass. He keeps saying he is downsizing and concentrating on conditioning.. but I doubt he'd ever be willing to go down to just AAS and a few little shots of HGH for fat loss. I think that long term massive hGH and insulin change the look of your muscles, e.g. palumboism. Your skin is paper thin/0 fat, but everything underneath is a watery mess.

Ramy looked conditioned, but just oddly devoid of striations. Maybe not early 2000s lasix conditioned, but good. Smooth delts and pecs while appearing low bf% are the biggest give aways to me. I've never been over 220lbs and under 7% bf simultaneously, and even I had minor delt and pec striations in basically every pose. I am overall pretty disappointed by the last 5 years. I love ramy, roelly, and brandon curry, but they just haven't delivered in the way I expected. Dexter jackson is a good example of a guy who is getting the palumbo/slin watery look. Compare him this year to 10 years ago for what I mean. Respect to the legend, but it's time to hang up the belt.

I hate to be the guy to blame it all on drugs. Maybe we were just spoiled by how many legendary people came in such a short amount of time before the phil heath era. I just want some dude with giant, shredded calves to win. My dad had better calves than any recent Olympia runner back when he ran marathons, which doesn't say good things

I think this was a good year for Ramy, and I think he looked best overall. He just didn't have great competition. Hadi had good conditioning but some suspicious SEO like bulging. Ramy's legs are next level freakshows, both from front and side, and his upper body width is specatcular

Last edited: