• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

concious descion

jayjaysleepyhead

Bluelighter
Gooday fellow lighters ive beenden trying to post this thread on a couple of occasions but its ver difficult to Type from my iPhone anyway last try. So i hear Most people complaining about how hard a benzo dettox is especially if your a long Term User take onths Even a year and still we dont feel right so my questionis why Do some of us Not just stay on them for life ok doctors are Harfe work we know that them are hard work but we are cunning people and am sure we can get them if we really want to i dont Südwest wheres as thats again the rules of blue light so what im staying alter a 20 year habit on benzos why go though all that pain like lack of sleep anxious again Stress sweats lonely to Name a few then if you eventuell get clean off them you still feel shit is it Wort it when even 20 mg a pay everything day im sure would bring you back to normality as at the end of the day the dosage was dont year go when we Pickel up the First One?

Apart from my spelling mistakes basically why Do people who complain about dettoxes etc .not just stay on them for ever

It's another ball and chain is the general rational for getting away from them. I don't really enjoy the possibility of having a seizure, and the side effects of long term use far outnumber the one or two reasons for a script. You get to a place where you wonder if you're really being "you" upon understanding exactly what effects the meds are producing.
As well, for many it's not as easy as just requesting to be on it forever. Many, many people have been abruptly cut from their script, given a 30day supply and told to find it elsewhere.

Yes i know but surely Most people can get them elsewhere as if we were all to decent on doctors Script we would be in serious trouble its all about contacts and online pharmacies These days to take your pain away and thats terrible as doctors should be working with us as you can die coming off them

I am an opiate addict and I've just accepted the fact that I'm going to be on opiates one way or another but I'm always worried about getting cut off or some kind of disaster where I couldn't get them. Like Chelle said, an addiction is just like a ball and chain. Life is hard enough with out adding a substance that you have to take or you will be/feel deathly ill. It's like now because I've taken these so long that addiction is the disease and opiates are the medicine I take for it. Just like benzos. It's the same thing and withdrawals are the symptoms of the disease but it's a catch 22 because the drugs that keep us well are also the drugs that keep us sick. It's just a big messy cycle.

Last edited:
Some people get to the point where their body is going through withdrawal even on the benzos so at that point its almost if you dont have a choice. Thankfully I havent experienced that type of feeling with benzos but I have with alcohol and there was no other choice since the withdrawals were going to be there no matter if I was drunk or not.

Id answer this question by saying life shouldnt be addiction. but also note that all times good - whether induced by drugs or not - should be appreciated as well as hard times in life be revered, else where and what is happiness if we can't compare it to anything else. Its all relative to who you are but most humans aren't dependent by nature, so it doesn't feel good, if ya get what i'm sayin'.

I stopped because the benzos were causing some severe short term memory loss (which is embarrassing) and my dosages had to keep going up with my tolerance.

It is up to you and your doctor to decide what is right for you. If you want to stay on for life, I would suggest clonazepam, or diazepam (which by your 20mg number seems to be what you prefer). The shorter acting benzos lead to ever increasing dosages.

rebound anxiety.

wanting to survive the zombie apocalypse without having a seizure.

Last edited:
rebound anxiety.

wanting to survive the zombie apocalypse without having a seizure.

This made me laugh so hard. I always think of the passage in steven king's "the stand" in which after the disease kills most people an addict goes and finds his dealers stash and promptly dies.