• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Concerta XL first time dosage, and how to get past the extended release.

isaaccain

Bluelighter
I'm gonna buy some Concerta XL from a kid in my high school. He said they were 60mg, but he isn't exactly the smartest kid in the world. He didn't know the value of them until I told him, and I don't know if he knows what his meds are, but obviously they're a stimulant because he's got ADHD, unless he's getting guanfacine (which would suck, obv). Anyway, said they were Concerta XL, 60mg capsules. I don't know how to dose methylphenidate at all, especially not an extended release version. If you could help me out with dosages I'd appreciate it. Also, is there any way to get past the extended release property of the pill? Or is it a chemical thing? If I crush up the little beads that (I'm assuming) are in there, can I just snort it or dissolve it in water and drink it? I won't have many but I can always buy more, so trial and error, man

All of this information is easily findable through Google or your preferred search engine. I was in the exact same situation years ago in high school and found the information myself online. Who'd have thought?

If you're going to be using strong psychoactive substances you need to be willing to put in the effort to do your own research.

Try going low dosage firsthand. You might consider using a potentiator or something to take the edge off (I heard you get a bit edgy from it).

Concerta doesnt come in 60mg i think max is 54 mg. Yes you can defeat the time release but i wont tell you how because clearly you are in high school. max 10mg at a time or you will freak out, your heart rate rockets, you sweat like hell, and your parents will ddefinetly know that you high !! its no use telling you to just focus on getting through school and dont bother with drugs. getting through high school these days is hard enough, let alone adding a drug problem in there. everytime you go up you will fall twice as hard. goood luck. alot of drug addictions start this way 8(

stay safe

I thought the highest single dose was 54. I've never heard of 60. They seem to go up in 9s for some bizarre reason. I'm on 40mg fast release Methylphenidate now but I had Concerta and had to have a 27 and an 18 which was annoyingly 45mg. I'm mildly OCD with odd numbers so that pissed me off lol.

It was the lactose in it that caused me some real Delhi belly (I don't have a lot of dairy in my diet but I'm not lactose intolerant), so I went back to fast. It was consultant who got me to try concerta.