• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Concerta Tolerance how fast does it build?

airthe

Bluelighter
Ok so i was wondering how fast Concerta builds up tolerance because it seems not to help me as much as it did the first time btw im on 54mg daily before school
any insight

2 years is enough time for tolerance to build for any drug. You should take a break from them for a month or two, it will help lower your tolerance.

I took concerta for 7-8 years. I took it everyday before school, but if I didn't have school, I wouldn't take it. I believe those summer breaks helped me keep my tolerance down. Eventually, it just stopped doing anything, and I learned how to live without it, instead of moving to a higher dosage. I know people that just kept getting put on a higher dose almost every year, until they just switched meds. My doctor told me that you shouldn't go above taking 72mg/day, but I know people that have been prescribed 2x 72mg/day. I would say try to take breaks when you can, to help prevent needing to increase your dose so frequently.

Im gonna go see the doc and hopefully get put on adderall concerta only calms me down and helps me focus on things un school related