• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Concerned about mentioning my benzodiazepine increase to my psychiatrist

Speed King

Bluelighter
Long story short. I switched to 30 Mg Valium from 3 Mg Clonazepam. Without getting into specifics, my comfortable dose is more like 60 Mg a day. Is this something Inshould tell my doctor, or is this closer to abuse. Technically, some manuals call that even to Clonazepam and my genetic test said I was most sensitive to Valium on paper, so I don't know which to do. I don't want to jeopardize my medicine. Any suggestions? The medicine works great, but doesn't last as long. Technically, I have a backup Clonazepam refill of 90mgs, but I don't want to piss off my doctor.

yeah 60mgs of valium is quite a dose bud
i would ask the p doc first if its ok to up the dose and see what they say before you say anything

well truth be told the truth will come out eventually when you begin to run through your scripts faster
im sure if you do mention anything the p doc will most likely start a taper on you and switch you to something else which i highly recommend you do so

tapering from valium can be a super long shitty process

be safe with that k pin script doctors and even pharmacies will eventually pay attention to you on how many benzos you are getting especially with a benzo which is a controlled substance well with me they started acting like assholes
i got into so much shit because i switched from xanax to ativan back to xanax even with my docs blessing

Thanks. I do have a 90 pill, 150mg Lyrica script coming up next week. That stuff always off sets benzodiazepines, or at least helps streaches things out a bit. In fact, my pain doctor said we can talk about 600mg a day Lyrica dose, next month. How about 40mg/day of Valium? If she went along with that, I could make it work.