View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Completely manic random thought trains.

Ganj

Bluelighter
First, as its very relevant I have ADD which results in me dozing off into very long thought trains completely unintentionally (Although completely linear and logical ones while sober). It has no real effect on my life and it has its silver linings. I am also 16.

When I am either extremely stoned or tripping and enter these trains, they tend to go deeper and way less linear which I'm guessing is expected. Something I have caught myself doing only a few times is following worryingly obscene thought trains that are completely mad.

Although I cannot give direct examples they link concepts and objects with literally no real correlation. I tend to only go through 4-5 different links but the scary part is I rapidly go through these random things with such speed and confidence when I first caught myself doing it I thought I had gone through this mad link of completely unrelated things for years and even did it when I am sober and just never caught myself doing it in my entire life. This was of course a terrifying thought that genuinely questioned my sanity which I found very hard to handle while miles from sobriety. I know I have never done it sober but I am guessing I had actually done it quite a few times while on drugs before actually catching myself doing it.

Giving an example in words would not do a description justice, the only clarification I can make is that the things I link are not objects or places that physically exist but nouns.

This is honestly making me a little worried, I have never heard of anything like this before. The truely scary part about it is not the fact that it happens but how normal it seems as I do it and how well I know the links. Its almost as if its a topic such as standard grade physics that I'm going over in my head but all the words have been replaced with random nouns.

My ADD representatives itself as a very childish side of me when I am tripping that feels very prominent when this happens. If its in anyway relevant on a very small proportion of the times I have tripped or gotten extremely stoned this childish aspect of me has pretty much taken over in the way I speak and react and I have made a complete fool of myself.

Any insight would be really nice! If I found this happening more than very infrequently it would completely put me off these things.

This sounds like fairly run of the mill neurotic trip stuff you're describing. You have to learn direct your mind a bit better before you'll enjoy tripping. 16 is a bit young to be doing these PDs, maybe you should give it a while, grow up a bit more (pls don't take offence, I remember when I was 16 feeling very grown up and that might have stung) before diving into PDs? That's my thoughts take it how you wil

I understand 16 is a very tender age to be messing with such things and I fully agree with you that I probably don't have the maturity to dance with PD's, unfortunately it is one of my favourite activities and I am spacing my trips out more. Can you please elaborate on 'fairly run of the mill neurotic trip'?

What you describe sounds exactly like what I experience when falling asleep or waking up, completely bizarre, random trains of thought that feel like they make sense until I come out of it a bit more and realize they were total mental gibberish. I've had that on trips before too, it seems related.

Not sure I got a ticket on the right train, but it sounds a little more OCD than ADD to me...IDK though. The more you "sweat it"...worry... the more you'll probably do it, but it doesn't sound destructive, to me, at least.
I agree with Perpetualdawn in that 16 is a little young to be melting your mind, I was doing it at 16 and look what happened to me...be careful kid.
You'll be OK...I wish I you could give an example though...sounds kinda freaky in a fun way?

. Can you please elaborate on 'fairly run of the mill neurotic trip'?
We all have various unproductive thought patterns (neuroses) and part of our challenge in life is to iron these out. PDs can make these neuroses really amplify when we trip, which is part of their magic: they reveal to us where we can do some work. As we get older we tend to sort these things out, making tripping more pleasant. Anyways sounds like a real
Monkey mind, learn to tame it! You're in charge :)

Thanks for clarifying perpetualdawn. Its good to think that this is more or less in my control and I'm not just a product of my mind, that's a really good point of view for me.

I highly doubt I have OCD, the only related symptom I exhibit is a serious urge to finish anything I started. This is highly annoying but just a single symptom and I do actually know I have ADD ^^.

Xorkoth although I can somewhat relate to this also being experienced when in that delirious semi consciousness half dream state it does feel like a completely different feeling when it happens while tripping.

Its good to hear people minding young trippers, but I actually did more damage to myself when binge smoking stupid amounts of weed every weekend with no tolerance. I still suffer depersonalization from that as well as everything looking 'fake' like a copy of a real thing.

Sounds like normal trip behavior. Connecting two completely unrelated things and having an emotional response that appears to validate the idea. I wouldn't really let ADD take too much of a role here, because psychedelics do this to everybody at some point or another. For me, cycling and thought loops seem to happen more in isolated settings. Like if i trip alone in a bedroom, i'm more likely to have this type of thing happen whereas if i plan out an all day nature trip-walk, these types of thoughts wont appear at all because i will be too busy observing.

I wouldn't really call these thought loops at all, but I agree that thought loop become way more common while sitting in a room with no real activity.

What you describe sounds exactly like what I experience when falling asleep or waking up, completely bizarre, random trains of thought that feel like they make sense until I come out of it a bit more and realize they were total mental gibberish. I've had that on trips before too, it seems related.

I use to experience this when nodding off on opiates. When nodding especially hard these thoughts would turn into vivid full blown dreams of random events that lasted no more than a couple seconds. Really neat stuff, probably the only thing I miss about the experience.

Last edited: