• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Comparison between!!

femaletrouble

Bluelighter
Excuse me if this sounds random but say for example I take 10mg of diazepam an get that relaxed chill feeling...would I get the same effect eg chilled feeling from 60mg of co cocodamol? I know that they are separate drug groups but I was only given 3 blues an my partner has given me a couple of these codeine 30/500. I only ask has my anxiety is up abit and I was hoping that these co codamols will work the same🤔

They won't work the same and they probably feel heavier than 10 mg Diazepam especially if you aren't used to opiates.

Opiates definitely have value as an anxiolytic, that's exactly why I was addicted to them for years. 60mg of codeine to a non tolerant user should have about the same level of axiolysis as 10mg diazepam, but as KS78 said they will 'feel' different. The codeine will probably make you feel a bit more stoned and fuzzy, but will also wear off more quickly.

They won't work the same and they probably feel heavier than 10 mg Diazepam especially if you aren't used to opiates.

This stuff is pretty easy. Ill give you the basics. Benzodiazepines and Opioids are both central nervous system depressants. They slow things down.

Benzodiazepines have key characteristics which they all share. I will get a little esoteric here. Benzodiazepines sedate the body. Anxiety, tremors, panic, rls etc. They work great. They will typically make you feel "numb" or "slow" to some extent, but for most, they are not a primary drug of abuse.

Codeine, or Opioids in general, do many of these same things. They sedate you, however, Opioids also produce a heavenly state of euphoria in which everything is right in body and mind. This feeling can be pretty habit forming.

If you use them together, these drugs produce synergistic effects. You are more liable to black out or even die. Point being take it real slow.

Does thay help in any way?