• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Comparing Hydrocodone brand name pills...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always preferred Watson hydrocodone to anything other brand hydrocodone. I don't know why it feels stronger, but it does.

PS: 300th post.

Last edited:

^^Yep, Thats what they always say when they don't know..
And yes I get better effects with one brand compared to another brand. Same with people I deal with.
So don't feel alone, its not in your head..

well if one of the batches seems less effective it may be like that if the weaker pills weren't stored properly but still, its almost surely placebo. and yes, suprisingly many people prefer different "brands" and often times they are completely contradictory. if you really wanna find out the truth you can try giving a few of each to someone with opiate experience and ask him if he feels one is better or not. dont be too surprised if he tells you theyre exactly the same or even that the ones you find weak are totally superior....

Yes I have done this alot and they agree that one works better than the other.
Been doing this for many many years, So its not in your head.
Like I said they don't know the answer so they give these responces..

could be an amount of food left in your stomach, perhaps you had consumed some soft of CYP inhibitor, perhaps your receptors were worn from something, many variables.

for some reason i usually put some extra added amount of faith into Kdouts posts so hmm......

I've given people different brands without them knowing and time after time they were always able to tell the differences in them, weird.
My doc said it has something to to do with the filleres and binders. I think make it absorb better or less .
Something about it.

ive been a very big hydrocodone user for about 2-3 years now and benzo. i have an anxiety disorder i suffer from panic attacks like bad ha. ive done oxycodone and it was a generic watson pill the 10mgs. took 2 and i didnt feel as good as saying taking 3 blue Watson 540s. 3 blues and im flyin with 2 clonazepam 2mgs and my doctor perscribes me 120 a month 4 a day! i dont abuse the benzos tho kinda wish there was a miracle for opioid withdrawal it sucks. about a year ago i was into the yellow watson 853s the norco 10/325 still to this day my favorites too. watsons last longer and hit you harder than the M malincrocdt pills or how ever u spell it ive done them all. the green monsters the watson 503s 10/650s are good and so are the M361 blue pills. those are both good. idk it depends on freshness, where they've been who u get them from etc..

The mallincrodt (sp?) pills are not as effective as the watson or other brands. It is NOT a placebo effect. Whether the mallincrodt pills are underdosed or less bioavailable is irrelevant to me. They just ARE NOT as effective as other brands. Enough is enough already. You people should be smacked upside the head and get a dose of reality. CHECK: the mallinshit brand pills are not as effective as other brands. I would compare one M365 (10 mg hydrocodone generic for norco) to be equivalent to maybe one 5 mg hydrocodone V (qualitest brand).

I hear every fucking day that one brand of hydro or xanax or whatever is better than another. It's retarted, the FDA is pretty fucking picky about putting the right amount of drug in a pill.

The obvious exception is pills ordered from some online pharmacy in India or somewhere, with those ya pays ya dolla and ya takes ya chances.

My dealer used to say the Watsons were "the good stuff" and I thought he was crazy. I've read that the fillers and inactive ingredients can affect absorption or cause side effects like allergic sensitivities, thereby changing the overall effect of the same medication. In general, it has way more to do with the dose than the brand.

Well, Lady Codone I tend to agree with you. When doing a cold water extraction of the M's (mallincrodts) the high is much cleaner, almost comparable to the V qualitest brand. I would say that mallincrodts just have way too much of a filler that keeps the hydrocodone from giving you the 'rush' that watson or qualitest brand hydrocodone gives.

To you guys that think it's a placebo effect... Placebo effect my pimply white ass!

Tards...

No such thing as placebo, I dont care what you people say......its just an excuse you use when you dont have the answer for why one brand is better than the other. I have taken Malinkroft, Qualitest & Watson hydrocodone pills & I rank Watson as the best there is. I had Qualitest 10/325's but they dont work as good as the Watson brand, not even close. Malinkroft comes in last.

People, these are 3 different companies that make pills & do it there own way, they use different binders & fillers, so you wont get the same result.Watson happens to have the best recipe, hence the love for their pills by everyone.

I dont care how old this post is... and I dont care what these people saying it is a placebo effect think say or feel... they are WRONG... I didnt think there was a difference until I one day I took 5, 7.5/500 M358 mally hydrocodones, and barely felt anything, and then the next day I took 2, count them 2 watson 385 hydrocodone, 7.5/500, and I got the most incredible, great feeling high, how can you call the a placebo effect, i didnt get high at all off 5 of the mallys, and the next day i got high as hell, euphoric and everything off 2 watsons, and if anything, my tolerance would have gone up from the 5 mallys, not down, it was like 14 hours later that I took the watsons, it is not placebo, anyone who says it is must be opiate newbs, because people that have no tolerance at all, or close to no tolerance, will get high off any brand, ive been taking opiates for years, hydros, oxys, methadone, fentanyl, and 2 of the watsons got me high as a bastard, same with watson 749 percs, 5/325, 3 of them got me higher than 8 mally 5/325, and now I bid you adue, never to login again, bye bye junkies, and non junkies (who think brand doesnt matter)

I would imagine theres a difference. I tried different brands of adderal and noticed a big differerence in effects/side effects. So it wouldn't surprise me to see different hydro's feeling differently. Ill have to try some other brands and see first hand how I feel.

Some pills are more solidly pressed... True... Maybe a tad longer to dissolve in the stomach acid.

But, the overall effect is too slim to even be noticeable... And, if you have to take that much Hydrocodone in the first place, A CWE WOULD ABOLISH ALL THIS... Still leaving absolutely no difference in effect.

So, I still call placebo. There is a such thing as placebo.

Lets say I had two different potatoes of the same strand from two different companies and made fries...
...If I said one potato made better fries than the other, this makes me a complete and udder jackass... It is also called placebo.......

Placebo has made and ass of you and many drug dealers...

There is no fucking way in hell I am paying more for Norcos (10/500) or Lortabs (10/325) when they both have exactly 10 fucking mgs of hydrocodone in each pill...

<snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Well there is no point arguing in a thread brought back from the dark ages...

I'm closing this because there really is nothing to add... Brand name or generic, it all has the same amount as stated, unless it is some fake from india or pakistan or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.