• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Comparing ADHD meds

Mracid

Bluelighter
I have been on 5mg Dexedrine for 3 months and it is starting to gradually be less efficient, so I was thinking I could either up the dose or change med for a different one, as Dexedrine has a stimulating effect I do not really need eventho it is not causing me distasteful side effects.

So I was wondering if any of you that are experianced with different ADHD meds could enlighten me about the difference between the different ADHD meds (Only for medical use, I dont want to get high on those!). I know the binding affinity difference between them, I want to know about the perceptual/cognitive and side effect difference between them, I also am a big insomniac so I would like to know which one of them makes you less unable to sleep at night.

Thank you for your time and have a nice day!

Dex is a top notch stimulant, not much to improve right there, if you have trouble sleeping you might want to get Clonidine for bedtime. You can try Adderall but I personally find it less pleasing, most ADHDers say it adds an extra kick in the butt when it comes to getting things done, personally I like my butt the way it is but, some other people need that kick. Up to you.

I am already on 0.4mg clonidine at night even with dex only 1 time a day in the morning. And it doesnt work, I don't really want to up the dose because my BP lowered. I think I am going to slowly tapper and stop it because it is worthless, it was useful for 2-3 weeks but after that it just made my sleep harder to come, had a week and a half with 3 hours sleep a day, and I am sweating unusually at night.

So even combining Dex and Ritalin sustained release wouldnt be more efficient than Dex alone?

ur taking 5 mg of dex in the morning and u cant sleep at night?

wtf is wrong with ur body lol...

anyways 5 mg is a VERY low dose and yes you will grow a tolerance. start taking 10 mg in the morning.. what i dont get is how if you take the 5 mg in the morning how u cant sleep at night... the effect dont last 24 hours... i take 10 mg a day right in the morning *6AM* and i fall asleep at 10 pm everynight like a baby.

i use to smoke everyday too *weed* which could help with falling asleep but i kind of stopped. so now all i take is adderall *10mg* and subutex IV 1x dose of 1mg, 3x a day.

I have insomnia, HARD insomnia, since I was like 6 it always took me more than 2-3 hours to sleep but I selpt for more than 8 hours, now I get to sleep quicker but sleep under 7 hours and that was even before I started Dex, so I guess dex is just adding to my natural effect, or it might be the clonidine, since 3 weeks after I started taking it I sleep under 5 hours a day.

I am pretty sensitive to the wakefulness effect of stim drugs , altho it works partly for my ADD, thats why I am kinda fucked, if I want to be concentrated I gotta accept to have a shitty night, first I thought clonidine would help, but it worked for 3 weeks and now my sleep is even worse. I guess there is nothing to do for my sleep really. I think I'm going to ask to up my dose to 10mg and see what happens.

Have you tried microdoses (2mg sustained release) of Dexedrine before bedtime to sleep? Also, before going to sleep you need to wonder if you have something to put to rest. If after a day at the bootcamp you can't sleep, you have a problem, but if you don't lift a finger all day, it's not that you can't sleep but literally you got nothing to put to rest. Especially if you take Dexedrine to do nothing. Big problem there.

I find Nicotine is helpful in sleeping, helps me a lot. Good dreams too. Can't think of anything else.

Agreed nicotine is my go to sleep aid it helps me relax. I use some dried tobacco rolling leaf in my cheek. But then again I consume very high doses idk if gum a patch ir smoking would be sedating. Clonidine isbinteredting besause the sedative effects of nicotine for me seems almost tightly related to vasodialation and muscle relaxation

I do alot of exercise, at least 1 hour to 2 hours a day. And I use dex to study and do my schoolwork (distance school), some days I do 6 hours a day which is like 12hours of regular school. I know I have a problem with sleep... it is not normal to sleep less than 8 hours a day since 6 years old. It is just that no meds other than benzo help me sleep, and no doctor will prescribe benzo for longer than a month or two, for a good reason.

Altho I find interesting the idea of dex microdose for sleep. I guess it is to help control thoughts to shut them down isnt it? I might try that, I dont really have anything to lose since sometimes I am not able to sleep for more than 48 hours straight. I used to take cannabis for sleep which worked for 2 years, best years of my life, but now I need a too big amount to sleep that I can't afford.

But sleep wasnt the reason I started this post, I would like to know if there is a combination of ADD meds that could be less stimulating physically and more prone to help concentration than dexedrine alone. Because if not I will just ask for a dose upgrade.

Oh and nicotine is a no no for me.

I take modafinil with adderall. But, tbh 400 mg of modafinil is like 20 mg of dextroamphetamine is like 600 mgof caffeine I believe I read in keeping peoplebalert . When sleep deprived so I dont know of youd be any bettter off