• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Compare modafinil with traditional psychostimulants

hello everyone. I would appreciate any help comparing The wakefulness promoter and so-called super Study drug modafinil with traditional psychostimulants like methylphenidate/amphetamine. it would be nice if people could share their experiences especially if they’ve tried both. I would welcome the experiences of those with and without ADHD. i’m looking to compare aspects of these drugs on cognition, mood/emotions, motivation/focus as well as anything else you may wish to share.

People say you can't "get high" off modafinil and it's not abusive etc. Whilst I agree it's no traditional phen stim, obviously, if you take enough it's absolutely somewhat recreational and more than just a "wakefulness agent". I am totally reckless sometimes, so don't copy me, but I've taken about ten in a day before, and it totally gets you fucked.

People say you can't "get high" off modafinil and it's not abusive etc. Whilst I agree it's no traditional phen stim, obviously, if you take enough it's absolutely somewhat recreational and more than just a "wakefulness agent". I am totally reckless sometimes, so don't copy me, but I've taken about ten in a day before, and it totally gets you fucked.

Thanks for that. Have you ever used it typical doses for concentration/focus and if so, how will did it help you? furthermore, how well does it compare to caffeine and traditional psychostimulants?

Thanks for that. Have you ever used it typical doses for concentration/focus and if so, how will did it help you? furthermore, how well does it compare to caffeine and traditional psychostimulants?

I've had some today, though just a single dose. It's great for concentration - I feel motivated, and I don't feel wired like I do on dexamph.

I've noticed I haven't drank much coffee, which I usually do. It's way more effective than coffee.

Have you tried it?

Have had 70mg Modafinil today - my perfect dose for concentration/motivational help.

Tried 200mg once and just found it jittery af, useless for me, no productivity or euphoria etc, like high dose caffeine

I only tend to take it around once a fortnight though, and my doses are conservative comparably I think. Odd in a way as my, er, background is in high dose stimulant use.

I've had some today, though just a single dose. It's great for concentration - I feel motivated, and I don't feel wired like I do on dexamph.

I've noticed I haven't drank much coffee, which I usually do. It's way more effective than coffee.

Have you tried it?

Are you asking about modafinil? if so, no, I’ve never tried it, and I’ve never tried traditional psychostimulants either. caffeine is what I’ve used heavily over the years but I’m looking for a replacement due to the extreme stress/anxiety it is causing me as well as the lack of effectiveness in helping me concentrate. I have occasionally use nicotine, whenever I could secretly get hold of it, and it works amazingly well for me. It doesn’t improve my cognition, but it makes me motivated and able to cope with boring mental tasks which I normally hate. nicotine is very subtle compared to caffeine, even when I use it in very high doses, and it creates a pleasant but very hard to describe stress resilience effect on me.

definitely love to give both modafinil and traditional psychostimulants a try, separately of course to see how well they work for me. Note I would only try them after a few weeks of being caffeine free. there are a few reasons behind this, but most importantly, it is often reported that caffeine has bad interactions with both modafinil and traditional stimulants. then there’s also The fact that I would like to experience each individual stimulant/stimulant class without contamination by other substances.