• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Common dose for liquid methadone?

Zombiie_Giirl

Greenlighter
METHA-DO? Or METHA-DONt?

Just started at methadone clinic 7 months ago. Been doing everything right. 2 take home so far.

my max dose prescribed was 80mg liquid methadone, the red colored one pumped out and u add a lil water.
Started at 30mg & got a 5mg increase until max.
So, ive been up to 80 for only a month now..i really tried everything possible in me to not rush my increases.

So now for a month im already starting to feel like hell.
I thought maybe it was my cold, i cut back my coffee to only one cup, i even stopped exercising for a week so not to sweat.

Im trying to stay positive and honestly it's freaking me out because it took a lot for me to get to this point.

Frustration is causing cravings.

Its around where i live like a fkn epidemic and i hear about it all the fkn time.

Addict mind says* just get back on dope for a week or two and detox from that* done that 5 times before.... plus im paying cash for the methadone every day so it would be proximately the same amount

Ok so basically my questions are:

Do know someone who has had same issues; like never comfortable with their dose.

Is there EVER a comfortable dose?Will i ever balance out?<3

ALSO: does anyone know how hard it is to go past your maximum prescription & or what it involves?

Last edited:
So im guessing your plan is just to detox off methadone rather than go on maintenance. If thats the case idk if your clinic does a 21 day detox, clinics vary but you can choose your detox duration if you can afford it. I assume you see a counselor fairly regularly as theyre all required to do that. Ive been on and off methadone for many years at many clinics. Some have you discuss dosage adjustments with your counselor or see the clinic physician. Either way dosage adjustments can be and usually are ongoing. You need to communicate your problems and needs to either. The dosage range that jas the highest success range on maintenance is 80-120mgs/day. My brother was on 240mgs for many years. Dosage totally depends on the individuals tolerance, metabolism, body weight, etc. And doses in all clinics ive been in range from 5mgs/day-200+. Its where you geel comfortable and your dose holds you comfortably for 24hrs and as a full agonist methadones effects increase linearly infinitely no matter how high your tolerance is. Youve got to be the one to relate how its working and how your feeling to your clinic. Ask the front desk who you talk to about dosage adjustments and go from there. You can stay on it as long as you want, even indefinately which they call maintenance, the other program they have is obviously detox. Ive seen people come down as little as 1mg/week but you cant come up with a reasonable plan, financially or comfortably without at least finding a good starting dose which is different for everyone and they know that. Work it out w/ the dr. Or your councelor. And remember long term methadone maintenance is a huge decision. Tolerance can go thru the roof and coming off can be tuff but for certain severe addicts its the best option.

Yeah it takes some time. Started at 30mg and upped 5mg a week till now I'm at 165mg. Going to try this dose for a month and see but it is definitely more comfortable than when at 30mg