• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help coming off oxycontin, what to expect?

highhh

Bluelighter
hey guys, ive been thru withdrawal before at a rehab, but that was coming off opana and heroine. ive been clean for about 3 years and this damn covid 19 lockdown made me relapse.

ive been using about 160mg of oxycontin a day. snorting them (oldschool OC oxycontin, not gels) and i plan on tapering off to at least 60-80mg before i decide to quit using.

so my questions are - if i taper down to 60mg a day before i quit, how long should i wait before i dose myself with subutex? (i plan i using the least amount of sub during this just to help ease the withdrawals first couple days)

2nd question is how intense and how long will i be withdrawing coming off of 60-80mg of oxycontin? ive only been using for about 3 months now.

any advise would help very much. any help with supplements or anything to help this process go by easier would be much appreciated. i kicked this shit once i know i can again.

A month at least to feel somewhat normal but the lethargy Is gonna linger on for a Little longer. The intensity Is gonna be moderate tbh, the first 5 days are the toughest part. If u can get some loperamide, gabapentin AND a benzo to help u sleep itd be nice. Good luck.

If I was you mate I’d try and work a taper of ten mg a week drop till you get to the last ten a day and then by five then make the jump.
That’s how I did it but I ended up having to use them again as I was on them for chronic pain and tried too fast

A month at least to feel somewhat normal but the lethargy Is gonna linger on for a Little longer. The intensity Is gonna be moderate tbh, the first 5 days are the toughest part. If u can get some loperamide, gabapentin AND a benzo to help u sleep itd be nice. Good luck.
thats how it was last time. literally took a month till i got back most my energy and could go hang out with friends comfortably. as far as withdrawals on this run im just worried on how long the BAD withdrawals will be. i was thinking 5 days max also.

is gabapentin used for RLS? or what

Withdrawal coming off 80 mg of oxycodone/oxycontin will BE FUCKING HELL. Sorry dont want to beat around the bush with you. I have come off of 120 mg daily, 90 mg daily and 30 mg daily. 90 and 120 felt the same, literally like i was about to die for 3-4 weeks. Couldnt sit still or sleep a wink. Anxiety off the roof. But it eventually DID go away and I did not die. 30 mg withdrawal was much more bearable. I went cold turkey on all withdrawals with no Benzos, and No suboxone or methadone. Goodluck to you and stay strong!

The diarrheaa and physical symptoms last about a week. But the restless, axnxiety, insomnia, lack of appetite and just feeling uneasiness or death lasted for about 2-3 weeks, and then dipped. Gone at 6 weeks.

Withdrawal coming off 80 mg of oxycodone/oxycontin will BE FUCKING HELL. Sorry dont want to beat around the bush with you. I have come off of 120 mg daily, 90 mg daily and 30 mg daily. 90 and 120 felt the same, literally like i was about to die for 3-4 weeks. Couldnt sit still or sleep a wink. Anxiety off the roof. But it eventually DID go away and I did not die. 30 mg withdrawal was much more bearable. I went cold turkey on all withdrawals with no Benzos, and No suboxone or methadone. Goodluck to you and stay strong!

The diarrheaa and physical symptoms last about a week. But the restless, axnxiety, insomnia, lack of appetite and just feeling uneasiness or death lasted for about 2-3 weeks, and then dipped. Gone at 6 weeks.
how long were u doing them for? i couldnt imagine coming off 120mg a day would be as bad as compared to the amount of opana and heroine i did back in the day. i use to do 3 opana 40s a day or 2 -3 buns of dope a day. i know if i can kick opana i can kick oxy. opana is strong shit. everyone reacts to withdrawals different tho i guess well see.

I was doing them for about 1 year at 120 mg a day. Then stopped cold turkey. Maybe the time frame of 1 year made those withdrawals a living hell. One time I stopped 80 mg cold turkey after 3 months of use, but took Clonidine .1 twice a day and It wasnt nearly as bad. 120 mg at 1 year was a 20/10 withdrawal. 80 mg for 3 months was like 8/10.

Yea most people say heroin withdrawal is worse, but I dont agree. Oxy withdrawal lasts longer and is just a strong.

hmm. well i plan on trying to taper down to as low as i can before i quit cold turkey. and i dont want to have sub in my system for long but i do plan on using a couple mg the first couple days just to make it a little easier. thanks telling ur experience. btw, do you have any idea on when it is good to take first dose of sub after last use of oxy? 12hrs?

Not sure sorry i never used SUB. I Always went cold turkey. The withdrawal was so bad i felt like i could not survive without methadone, but i did. It just feels like your on the edge of death in terms of inability to breathe or relax. But it goes away, just very uncomfortable imo.

For me the worst part of the withdrawal wasnt the physical symptoms but rather the ANXIETY and inability to sit still. It feels like your suffocating, to describe it. I felt like i had something wrong with me physically, but it was more psychological anxiety and panic attack/shortness of breath. After about 3 weeks It went away.

yeah thats what im worried about the most is the anxiety. i already have bad anxiety as it is. i have xanax tho hopefully itll help.

yeah thats what im worried about the most is the anxiety. i already have bad anxiety as it is. i have xanax tho hopefully itll help.

If that's really what you're worried about and you have some xanax you will be fine. I have horrible anxiety but even fentanyl withdrawals were not that bad. I had some flualprazolam for the first few days and it was tolerable... even though I felt like I had corona virus and was dying... I got through it just fine. Always grab some loperamide, vitamins and remember to eat/drink water and get out of bed to exercise. Oh Kratom is also very nice for withdrawals too, just use it correctly.

If that's really what you're worried about and you have some xanax you will be fine. I have horrible anxiety but even fentanyl withdrawals were not that bad. I had some flualprazolam for the first few days and it was tolerable... even though I felt like I had corona virus and was dying... I got through it just fine. Always grab some loperamide, vitamins and remember to eat/drink water and get out of bed to exercise. Oh Kratom is also very nice for withdrawals too, just use it correctly.

Try coming off oxycodone 120 mg a day without a BENZO or kratom. I bet you wont saying its "fine"

Try coming off oxycodone 120 mg a day without a BENZO or kratom. I bet you wont saying its "fine"

Snafu is not implying that opiate withdrawals are fine if you don't have comfort meds, he(?) was offering advice based on his experience, much as you have done, so i don't know what about his post warranted that slightly aggressive response from you.

As it happens, i've had heroin withdrawals that were surprisingly easy given the extent and duration of my use, and surprisingly difficult ones based on a few days overindulgence while attempting to chip (which is why attempting to chip never lasted more than a couple of weeks), there are loads of variables determining how bad your withdrawals will be that are highly individual and even i after years of depressingly regular withdrawal experiences have no idea about.

Snafu is not implying that opiate withdrawals are fine if you don't have comfort meds, he(?) was offering advice based on his experience, much as you have done, so i don't know what about his post warranted that slightly aggressive response from you.

As it happens, i've had heroin withdrawals that were surprisingly easy given the extent and duration of my use, and surprisingly difficult ones based on a few days overindulgence while attempting to chip (which is why attempting to chip never lasted more than a couple of weeks), there are loads of variables determining how bad your withdrawals will be that are highly individual and even i after years of depressingly regular withdrawal experiences have no idea about.
correct, like i said before everyones different. i had a friend in rehab come off regular heroine use for years quit cold turkey while i was there. rejected the sub the nurses gave him because he just wanted to get it over with as fast as possible. after 5 days he said he was starting to feel better and the physical withdrawals were basically gone. i couldnt understand it because back then when i came off dope it took maybe 5-6 days for physical withdrawals but took literally a month exact to be able to get most of my energy back and feel somewhat normal again. i think if i taper down to at least 80mg a day it wont be that bad. i know what to expect i know its not going to be easy but if i can kick 3 years of opana and heroine use. then i know i can kick 80mg of oxy. i have a lot of vitamins lined up and some subutex for maybe the first or 2nd day to take off the edge if its that bad.

what kind of kratom did u take and how do u dose it depending on what mg of oxy i take?