• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Coming off of 0.4MG Subutex, what to expect.

UK Warrior

Bluelighter
Hi everyone, I am currently on a subutex taper and last week hit the smallest dose of 0.4MG. I plan to stop taking the 0.4MG in another week as I believe that will have been well long enough for the 0.4MG to become normal to my system. What should I expect stopping this dose?

I also wanted to ask if it was a good idea to take 0.4MG one day, not take it the next day, then take it the day after? And do this for a week or so? I am looking to come off with minimal withdrawal symptoms if this is possible.

I have previously tapered off of methadone a few years ago, I got down to 3MG a day before I stopped taking it and that was a breeze so I am hoping subutex is as easy to get off of.

Thank you all for your help.

Hi everyone, I am currently on a subutex taper and last week hit the smallest dose of 0.4MG. I plan to stop taking the 0.4MG in another week as I believe that will have been well long enough for the 0.4MG to become normal to my system. What should I expect stopping this dose?

I also wanted to ask if it was a good idea to take 0.4MG one day, not take it the next day, then take it the day after? And do this for a week or so? I am looking to come off with minimal withdrawal symptoms if this is possible.

I have previously tapered off of methadone a few years ago, I got down to 3MG a day before I stopped taking it and that was a breeze so I am hoping subutex is as easy to get off of.

I jumped at 4mgs a day. 2 in the morning and 2 at night pretty easily

If I were u, I'd just jump to 0. Stock up with tons of gabapentin and/or lyrica, clonidine, loperamide and some long acting benzo just for the first week ( clonazepam/diazepam). You're at a low enough dose to try and get off that shit once and for all, that combo I just mentioned makes wds a walk on the park.

If I were u, I'd just jump to 0. Stock up with tons of gabapentin and/or lyrica, clonidine, loperamide and some long acting benzo just for the first week ( clonazepam/diazepam). You're at a low enough dose to try and get off that shit once and for all, that combo I just mentioned makes wds a walk on the park.
I am prescribed both Lyrica, the maximum daily dosage of 300MG x 2, and also prescribed 22.5MG of diazepam a day. The only thing I would be missing is the clonidine, do you think that it would really matter as I am at a low enough dose?

I jumped at 4mgs a day. 2 in the morning and 2 at night pretty easily
Thats good to hear- did you experience any withdrawal symptoms or was it pretty easy? I can't stand even fairly mild withdrawals (aches and pains everywhere, restless legs, throwing up etc).

Thats good to hear- did you experience any withdrawal symptoms or was it pretty easy? I can't stand even fairly mild withdrawals (aches and pains everywhere, restless legs, throwing up etc).
I had mild wd's for a week. Mostly feeling tired and that crawly skin feeling.

Yes that makes it a bit easier for most people. Given long half-life of bupe you could even spread it in a such a way 3 – 4 days before going to 0. Than again you are on a pretty low dose so no need to really worry in any case.

How it’ll be for you is more influenced by your current state of life, mindset and your lifestyle than anything else.

I had mild wd's for a week. Mostly feeling tired and that crawly skin feeling.
OK, I think I can handle that if they are that mild with the other meds I am on that are meant to help with opiate withdrawal. One symptom I seem to be getting on the reduction (0.4MG every fortnight) is about 2-3 days after reducing I get very soft stools. Not enough to be diarrhoea but enough to be annoying and give mild stomach cramps.

OK, I think I can handle that if they are that mild with the other meds I am on that are meant to help with opiate withdrawal. One symptom I seem to be getting on the reduction (0.4MG every fortnight) is about 2-3 days after reducing I get very soft stools. Not enough to be diarrhoea but enough to be annoying and give mild stomach cramps.
That’s very common when stopping opiods. It gets better with time.

You should be okay jumping off 4 micrograms.
It varies from person to person though.
When I first started using subs on the street, I use to take about 2mg a day under the tongue (which is a pretty small dose once you figure in bioavailability).
But I still had insomnia for a week & hand tremors & intense cravings. But I'm more sensitive to opioids & can really tell when I've come off of one.
Could be different for you.

0.4 will be a bit rough but doable without horrific vomits and shits.

I’ve kicked methadone at 5 mg per day and I would say kicking bupe at 0.1 mg per day was a little worse

I like going all the way down to like 0.05 for a bupe kick…then skipping days like you said for a while before kicking. Taking the smallest piece of strip I can even see or handle at the end