• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Coming off methadone

Just back to the OP. It's seems you can drop with 10% every month of your original dose if u have been using more then a yeah and 10 a week I'd less then a year, there is another guideline to go by.

But I think it all comes down on how you feel physically when you start tappering your dose down.
I think trying to drop 10% a month sounds a little unrealistic,but I guess it depends on the person and their history ,this is not my first hand experiences but only what I’ve learned talking to patients at the clinics,,,I’ve never successfully tapered I just went back to smack like I never missed a beat….

@Juicewrldfan

Are you on the bupre now and what dose and is it keeping things under control?

So how is things going now. Mind if I ask what your current daily med intake is?
Yeah. They started me on 4mg in the morning and 4mg in the evening. I don’t think I want to go up tho that’s easy to do because well why? I’d just end up having a harder time tapering tho for tapering she did say we can switch to sublicade or brixadi. I wasn’t a fan of brixadi but I only took it one week she’s ago but when I’m ready to taper I will probably go to sublocade. Not a fan of depot shots so I try to stay clear.

I take 4mg bupe twice a day
- 25mg lamictal once a day
-100mg seraquel once a day
- 200mg testosterone cypionate IM weekly (probably too high but they don’t listen)

I also joined a veterans and first responders support group this weekend so been doing good for past two days. I did use Friday but not since and I am committed to staying off stimulants. I’m really trying to stabilize my mental health and I know atoms are ruining that.

And yeah that’s a low dose of lamictal but I had CT my meds so he has to titrate it again since it’s outpatient since the mental hospital said I didn’t qualify for inpatient even tho my therapist sent me there because I was having a lot of HI ( I may have lost it and told a 14-16 year old wannabe thug that he will end up wrapped in plastic in my trunk if he doesn’t stop disrespecting my household)

I’m starting to balance out some.

I realise I’m way late on commenting on this but nah I can’t stand by and watch your comments zopiclone bandit you ignorant peice of shit. What are you levitating above the rest of us junkies on your junkie high horse? You fucking peasant. You’re a junkie and you’ll always be a junkie too so shut your fucking mouth and show some respect. I bet MY LIFE you wouldn’t say any of this to juicewrldfans face.

Feel tough behind a computer screen bud?

Just because you got off heroin “easily” doesn’t mean anyone else is going to get off it easily.

I’d love to see you try kick a Xanax habit or go through alcohol withdrawal. Your small weak little mind would absolutely fold.

All you’ve done here is reveal your own weakness and ignorance. And if I was in front of you right now I would honestly slap your junkie teeth right out of your mouth.

@admins I apologise for my harsh words I really do I’m not one to get this fired up and again I’m really sorry I know this isn’t the place for words like this but Jesus fucking Christ this guy is an absolute sociopath and has no place on this forum whatsoever. I couldn’t stand by and watch this peasant belittling
Someone for asking for help who is clearly worried and scared. I’ve been in juices position and it’s terrifying and lonely and then this fucking dickhead comes along and acts like he’s some kind of patron saint of all the junkies in the world because he was able to kick a heroin habit easily. Cool story bro try kicking opiates benzos and meth all at the same time and come back to me. Absolute fucking PEASANT behaviour.

Also this is me being very mature, maturity isn’t objective it’s subjective. My father taught me that if someone disrespects you, you give them a chance to apologise. If they refuse you simply attack violently and viciously. Which in my opinion is what this world is missing.

There would be far less disrespect and far more respect if disrespect had consequences. But these days people get away with anything
You didn't actually "say" anything to me, you typed words onto a Screen.

I don't hold much hope for you.

Last edited:
I realise I’m way late on commenting on this but nah I can’t stand by and watch your comments zopiclone bandit you ignorant peice of shit. What are you levitating above the rest of us junkies on your junkie high horse? You fucking peasant. You’re a junkie and you’ll always be a junkie too so shut your fucking mouth and show some respect. I bet MY LIFE you wouldn’t say any of this to juicewrldfans face.

Feel tough behind a computer screen bud?

Just because you got off heroin “easily” doesn’t mean anyone else is going to get off it easily.

I’d love to see you try kick a Xanax habit or go through alcohol withdrawal. Your small weak little mind would absolutely fold.

All you’ve done here is reveal your own weakness and ignorance. And if I was in front of you right now I would honestly slap your junkie teeth right out of your mouth.

@admins I apologise for my harsh words I really do I’m not one to get this fired up and again I’m really sorry I know this isn’t the place for words like this but Jesus fucking Christ this guy is an absolute sociopath and has no place on this forum whatsoever. I couldn’t stand by and watch this peasant belittling
Someone for asking for help who is clearly worried and scared. I’ve been in juices position and it’s terrifying and lonely and then this fucking dickhead comes along and acts like he’s some kind of patron saint of all the junkies in the world because he was able to kick a heroin habit easily. Cool story bro try kicking opiates benzos and meth all at the same time and come back to me. Absolute fucking PEASANT behaviour.

Also this is me being very mature, maturity isn’t objective it’s subjective. My father taught me that if someone disrespects you, you give them a chance to apologise. If they refuse you simply attack violently and viciously. Which in my opinion is what this world is missing.

There would be far less disrespect and far more respect if disrespect had consequences. But these days people get away with anything
Bro, don’t get worked up by ignorant people on the internet. Take a deep breath.