• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega/Xeplion (paliperidone) injections v 8.0

No problem I’ll be honest about anything. Yes all of that has come back to me. I did have issues with that in the beginning.
Wow okay thanks you are very strong and proud that you fully recover and continue to return and remind people like me that there is still hope. I’m on month 4 and already feel like i’ve been through a lot but compared to your 17 month recovery I can’t complain.

I guess I felt some kind of emotion today. I was lowkey angry and shed a few tears thinking about the social worker and how she coerced me to take the second shot. If I hadn’t listened to her, I would’ve been fine but she was also the one in charge of my discharge. I only agreed to take the second dose in order to go home, not because I thought it was going to help me. That should never be a reason to agree to take medication.

She didn’t show concern over my mental health and didn’t say anything supportive like “you do have a choice but I think the medication can help you and I’d advise you take it.” Her only way of getting me to comply was to manipulate, lie, and hold my discharge above my head. She also very matter of factly said that I’d be back in the psych ward by the holidays if I didn’t take it, which is such a terrible thing to say to someone freshly coming out of psychosis. For a second, it made me think that there was gang stalking involved (cause how can she guarantee my return to the hospital??). Luckily I was in a better state of mind when she said that and it didn’t turn into a delusion.

My point is that there are much better and non-threatening approaches to “non-compliance.”

Last edited: