Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (paliperidone)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep feeling like I'm going to die. Ever since this shot. Felt like I was going to die around 3 times.

Anyone else feel that bad? Literally.

My son felt that way - and still does from time to time. He told me that if it wasn't for me helping him, he would have killed himself.

I also helped a neighbor get off of prescription drugs. She tried to kill herself once. That was before I knew her or knew about her problem. I lived with her for 2 months while she quit the drugs and detoxed. She told me several times that she thought she would die.

You're unfortunately not alone. But stay strong and keep at it. You'll get better!

It could be 25 days if your one of the lucky ones !
I think 25 days is for the smallest concentration (39mg of Invega Sustenna which the equivalent of 25mg of Xeplion) and 50days for the highest 234mg (150mg Xeplion).

25 mg Xeplion contains 39,50 mg 78 mg,75 mg 117 mg,100 mg 156 mg,150 mg 234 mg paliperidone palmitate.

Last edited:
Maybe what you had was a drug induced psychosis, I know a girl who had a the same but her psychiatrist gave her injections of Invega Sustenna for only 6 months instead of 2 years....
She recovered after one year and a half and she doesn't touch weed anymore, now she's fine. Since you took pills, the half life is shorter than injections, in general it takes 5-6 half lives for a drug to be mostly eliminated, so you have to search the half life of your drug first and do the calculation.
I strongly recommend you to not touch weed again if you don't don't want to fall into psychosis for the third time!
After your first psychotic episode, you recovered your emotions and motivation? How long did it take?

I won't touch weed anymore thats for sure. So do you know the half life of Invega 6mg pills ? I will do some search also on google.
Yeah after my first psychotic episode I recover my emotions and motivation really easy, it took around a month or 2 months maximum, I was okay.
It seems Invega is much more powerful than Olanzanpine when it takes too remove emotions and motivation...

Should be the same as the olazapine mister T, the insomnia is meant to be really bad for a good few days with olazapine withdrawal, think invega has a longer half life, just be careful not to fall back into weed smoking because next time you might get the injections and they are a different ball game

Good luck

Are you saying the time for recovery of Invega is the same as olanzapine? that would be great! It took just a few weeks to get better with olanzapine. Sadly I won't touch weed anymore, because I know now that my brain doesn't handle it =( Stupid small and weak brain I have =S

My son had 3 major psychotic breaks. I personally strongly believe these events are a result of a perfect storm of a number of problems coming together all at once. He’s been smoking weed since he was about 14. Each time the psychotic episode was preceeded by a period of time where he was smoking weed, partying, drinking alcohol, having too much caffeine, lack of sleep, poor diet, nutritional imbalances, dehydration, and of course stress (the last straw). The last straw for you was evidently the trip (stress).
He wants to try the Zyprexa again – against my wishes, to see if it helps him through this withdrawal. We’ll see tomorrow what his psychiatrist says. I think that if he goes back on Zyprexa, he will be going through another withdrawal period later – and maybe it will be worse because he’ll have 2 drugs in his system.

I encourage you to look back over the previous posts which myself and others have recommended specific supplements and other strategies to help you recover.
Good Luck!

Thanks for your help, It's sad that your son had become involved again with weed, that's bad.
That weed with CBD compounds seems promising, but I still have fear about taking it, it could make me go crazy again, are you son taking it? is it working ? making him feel better?
Well I should say that Zyprexa helped me a lot, and I didn't even had any withdrawal symptoms, I also just took the pills for about 2 months maximum.
About the supplements you suggested, I had before talked with my psychiatrist about taking 5-htp to start feeling better, and she said I cannot take those kinds of pills.
You say that: "So I would encourage you to wean yourself off of the anti-psychotic meds as quickly as possible" , you mean I should drop Invega by myself? I want to, but I have fear of having another episode even though I won't smoke again, do you think its possible?
Thanks for your help :)

Last edited:
In theory it shouldn't take more than a few weeks to get off tablets mister T, but thats not taking into account withdrawal and your receptors being downgraded, its going to be easier than getting over the injection, thats looking like it takes at least 6 to 8 months depending on how many shots you took.
Not sure why pyschs insist on long term treatment with AP's for cannabis pychosis, just some big pharma bullshit to get more people using their product, its a joke even being put on the poison in the first place, there's no proof that it brings you out of the pychosis any sooner and is a painful punishment for any weed smoker going from enjoyment of a weed high to the low of AP treatment. Its bad enough having to give up weed without the torture of being poisoned with the likes of olazapine or invega.

In theory it shouldn't take more than a few weeks to get off tablets mister T, but thats not taking into account withdrawal and your receptors being downgraded, its going to be easier than getting over the injection, thats looking like it takes at least 6 to 8 months depending on how many shots you took.
Not sure why pyschs insist on long term treatment with AP's for cannabis pychosis, just some big pharma bullshit to get more people using their product, its a joke even being put on the poison in the first place, there's no proof that it brings you out of the pychosis any sooner and is a painful punishment for any weed smoker going from enjoyment of a weed high to the low of AP treatment. Its bad enough having to give up weed without the torture of being poisoned with the likes of olazapine or invega.

Well thats good to know, but psychiatrist told me that I need to take it for 2 years, thinking on the amount of time left makes me think it will be so painful, one year and 3 months left. I dont feel anymore visions, hallucinations neither voices, why not stopping right now? I won't smoke more..

If it was me I'd be stopping them now, especially if you aren't going to touch cannabis or any other illegal drugs again

If it was me I'd be stopping them now, especially if you aren't going to touch cannabis or any other illegal drugs again

I will talk with my parents again about this decision, they are always against dropping invega...
Did you stop by yourself taking invega? or you have been forced to take those injections? When was your last? will you take more? How do you feel?

I won't touch weed anymore thats for sure. So do you know the half life of Invega 6mg pills ?

The terminal elimination half-life of oral paliperidone is about 23 hours. So I think it will take a few weeks to recover compared to injections!

By the way, when you recovered your emotions and motivation, was it progressively or you felt the emotions rush all of sudden ?

Last edited:
The terminal elimination half-life of oral paliperidone is about 23 hours. So I think it will take a few weeks to recover compared to injections!

By the way, when you recovered your emotions and motivation, was it progressively or you felt the emotions rush all of sudden ?

Okay thanks thats good to hear, but sadly I have at least one more year taking this shiit, my psychiatrist told me. Only if decide by myself to drop it.
Well after my first episode, I started going out with my friends and things started naturally to become better and better with time, but actually I dont remember of being so emptiness as I am now, I remember that on those days Olanzapine just gave me sleepiness. I didn't felt so much as zombie as I am now. Have you been on injections? it's sad =( I am here with you, be strong !

Okay thanks thats good to hear, but sadly I have at least one more year taking this shiit, my psychiatrist told me. Only if decide by myself to drop it.
Well after my first episode, I started going out with my friends and things started naturally to become better and better with time, but actually I dont remember of being so emptiness as I am now, I remember that on those days Olanzapine just gave me sleepiness. I didn't felt so much as zombie as I am now. Have you been on injections? it's sad =( I am here with you, be strong !

When you recovered the first time, you felt pleasure when you listen to music? I miss that feeling :(
I had 4 injections of Invega Sustenna, now it's been 6 months that I have stopped the medication, I still don't feel emotions nor motivation, you know the half life for the injections is about 50 days, it's really hard to be patient but I don't have the choice. Thanks for your support, I hope that you'll take the right decision and won't have a relapse.

So for those of you labeled schizophrenia/bipolar and have decided to stop this drug, are you still going to stay on an antipsychotic medication and if so which one? Is the consensus that antipsychotics give users this zombie feeling or just Invega?

When you recovered the first time, you felt pleasure when you listen to music? I miss that feeling :(
I had 4 injections of Invega Sustenna, now it's been 6 months that I have stopped the medication, I still don't feel emotions nor motivation, you know the half life for the injections is about 50 days, it's really hard to be patient but I don't have the choice. Thanks for your support, I hope that you'll take the right decision and won't have a relapse.

Yes, when I recovered the first time, I remember smoking weed again on that year 2014 and be dancing looking at the mirror, almost every night... I felt really good after recovery. I was a new man, but sadly smoking weed again, so dumb....... I could be okay now . but had this second episode, I am so regreted of smoking again, can't do nothing about it now :(
Hang in there mate, 6 months may be short time for your brain, there are people that only recovered after a year and half, right? I think I read something like that in this topic.

Yes, when I recovered the first time, I remember smoking weed again on that year 2014 and be dancing looking at the mirror, almost every night... I felt really good after recovery. I was a new man, but sadly smoking weed again, so dumb....... I could be okay now . but had this second episode, I am so regreted of smoking again, can't do nothing about it now :(
Hang in there mate, 6 months may be short time for your brain, there are people that only recovered after a year and half, right? I think I read something like that in this topic.
Yes it was me that said a girl who had a drug induced psychosis and 6 months of Invega sustenna recovered after a year and a half, but I also know a guy who had a brief psychotic episode like me (not drug induced) and had just 2 injections of this poison and recovered after 6 months. I had 4 injections, so I think it will be 8-12 months for me, moreover, some pharmacists told me that it will take 8 months for me to recover everything, I'll keep you updated within 2 months.

Keep the updates coming decisive, you should be through the worst of it at 6 months, the first 3 months were the worst for me, I'm going to keep updating until the sex drive returns to normal, then I'll be out and about chasing women, drinking beer and trying not to smoke weed

Keep the updates coming decisive, you should be through the worst of it at 6 months, the first 3 months were the worst for me, I'm going to keep updating until the sex drive returns to normal, then I'll be out and about chasing women, drinking beer and trying not to smoke weed
Same for me, the first 3 months were horrible ! I was like a zombie, my mind was blank have no thoughts lying all day on my bed... :/
Me too I'll keep updating until I recover my emotions and motivation, then I'll return to University :)

Same for me, the first 3 months were horrible ! I was like a zombie, my mind was blank have no thoughts lying all day on my bed... :/
Me too I'll keep updating until I recover my emotions and motivation, then I'll return to University :)

Decisive and Bad Robot,did you feel a little bit better at month 3 after stop taking invega sustenna ?

Last edited:
Decisive and Bad Robot,did you feel a little bit better at month 3 after stop taking invega sustenna ?
Yes a bit better than the first month but it was still hard for me to focus while reading or watching a movie.

Yes a bit better than the first month but it was still hard for me to focus while reading or watching a movie.
;

Hmmm,I feel a bit better at month 4 (127 days) after stoping injection.I can't focus and study lessons but my motivation is normal.Just waiting for recovery.

I'll keep the updates.I hope we will recover as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.