Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was feeling good today and did about 2 hours of research on enzymes, and I found some interesting stuff.

"What does it mean to be a poor metabolizer?
Drug reaction testing. ... Up to 7% of Caucasians are poor metabolizers of drugs metabolized by the CYP2D6 enzyme. People who cannot metabolize a drug will require a much lower dose than is recommended by the manufacturer, and those who metabolize it quickly may require a higher dose."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_reaction_testing

CYP2D6 is one of the two enzymes involved in metabolizing paliperidone. I wonder if being a poor, moderate, or extensive metabolizer plays a role in healing time. About 1 in 10 caucasians is a poor metabolizer, and about 1 in 20 is an ultrarapid metabolizer.

https://www.pharmacytimes.com/publications/issue/2008/2008-07/2008-07-8624

Turns out that Wellbutrin is a POTENT CYP2D6 inhibitor, so I might stop taking it and use SJW, a CYP3A4 inducer, as my antidepressant.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/15876900/

I did a lot more crying yesterday, and I had a vivid dream about horses on a beach. Today I feel like a zombie though, probably because I skipped my Wellbutrin dose. Not doing that again. I keep changing too many things because I'm impatient. I feel like I've put on more weight recently, but I'm too afraid to weigh myself.

It has been almost 8 months for me since my last injection. I took 2 classes at community college this semester. Next semester I am taking 4. This drug has made me much worse at studying and being able to focus. I still feel less intelligent and I am praying to God that my mind recovers so that I may finish an Associate's and a bachelor's at the very least so that I am not stuck being dependent on my parents forever.

It is my belief that your government has brainwashed you and many others

Last edited by a moderator:
@invegaisnotgood Sorry to hear you're having trouble reading. Something I did about a month in is I would read a paragraph pointing to each word individually, and then I'd read a paragraph normally, and then switch off over and over again. It seemed to help.

I've been going through the forum and trying to find everyone's recovery times so that it's like I'm being more scientific about what to expect. Seems like the average really is a year. I've gotten to about page ten of the forum checking everyone's profiles and writing down their recovery times if I can find them.

So far, in months:

Hey guys! I just came back to this thread to check up on some people that helped methrough the hard times that invega sustenna brought to me. 1 year and 2 months ago, I was misdiagnosed in a psychiatric ward and was injected 3 times with this shit. I just wanted to let you all know that there is hope! Its now been almost 1 year and 3 months (November 29th, 2018 is that date) and I am finally back to my usual self. No more ups and downs like a roller coaster, with the medicine hitting me at 4pm harsh every single day making me suicidal and so dark. I now feel things again. I now live life, work, am finally going back to school to complete my psychology and neuroscience bachalors degree and for those questioning about feeling recreational drugs, the answer is YES u feel them 10x fold at around 9-12 months.

YOU WILL RECOVER

Please feel free to private message me with any questions or help with restoring your brain to its natural functions.

Just wanted to thank:
@invegauser for all of his help and support through this.

Thank you Josh for giving us hope! Would you say you have 100% recovered? What do you mean by "recreational drugs"? Are you dependent on drugs now because of invega?

Woke up to a little snow and this post from Josh. It's like a miniature Christmas. Glad to see you're recovered, Josh. I hope your next semester will go well. I'm planning on going back to school for sure at the end of August next year, which is one year after my last injection. I usually go crazy if I'm not in school. Scared because I have all upper division courses left, except for a computer science class I need to retake and a 2 credit service course. Do you feel like you've fully recovered your cognitive abilities? Also, I've been wondering if memories from the past, like your childhood, come back with healing, or if you just get used to not remembering much of your life before invega sustenna.

At the second half life of the approximate last dose of Vraylar now. Muscle problems are no longer as noticeable, though I'm sure they're there. Once I start hitting the gym again probably the first thing I'll begin to notice is how tense and atrophied everything is. XD

Found out at the doctor's the other day that my weight is 190 lbs. This was a lot more than I expected because I don't feel like I look it.

@Emersonny thank you for adding the numbers on recovery.

@JoshHandel how long were you suicidal after withdraw from Invega? Thank you for coming back to share your recovery updates.

Just FYI for everyone here: I take an AP and work out a lot. And I'm muscular. You can get fit regardless of the AP you're on.

Thanks! I may be the exception, but I don't think so. I take an AP that puts weight on people like nobody's business. I found a diet that worked for me. I started very, very slowly, occasionally upping the workouts just a little. That was over a year ago. Now it's a practice set in stone. But I had to bust my ass, excuse the language. I was looking at too little under 300 lbs. So I made the decision to fight back. And every day I make that decision.

I tried really hard, and still do. I'm not trying to act like it was easy. No sir. It was very difficult, and still is. But it's habit. I may be the exception. But I don't chalk it up to genetics. I was fat as a kid. I got on an AP and became fat, fast, again. I lost weight, then gained it back. I lost it again, and daily, make sure not to get on that gluttonous train ever again.

Genetics may have a role in the condition, but when it comes to natural muscle-building capabilities, I really am not above average.

Hey Yeshuah, how far along are you without Invega Sustenna and how are you coping with some of the very dark side effects? I would say I am 95-100% recovered, yes. It took a long time for me to feel better and a lot of trial and error with different dietary supplements/vitamins/and minerals.
My first injection was on or about August 21, 2017. From there I was injected a second time with the pre-loading depot shot on August 28th, 2017. The psychiatric ward wanted to keep me an extra week to do another injection (3 total) on September 4, 2017. Originally, I had entered the psychiatric ward all due to using too many drugs, later I found out that I am in fact a drug addict (6 months clean from all substances, except for my prescription adderall and memantine this month :D). At this time while in the psychiatric ward I was diagnosed "schizo-affective/Bipolar" when the doctors all new I just went into the hospital high as a kite lol.

So, yes I did use recreational drugs 6 months AFTER my psychiatric visit. Before those 6 months or right when I got out of the psych. ward I used nothing because I could barely even think properly, barely even get up for a glass of water. Around April 2018 I ended up going to Rehab for four months and have been clean ever since. I should write a book lol. So, when I noticed that I could 'feel' something from drugs I began using them to help with the anhedonia and horrible side effects from the Invega still lingering inside of my body.

Like many of you have describe, I too could barely read/write. I went through phases of crying every day at around 3-4pm. Thats when the suicidal ideation came into play and I think I did go back to another hospital, I believe the same one actually. At this time I realized that I was allowed to refuse medication, so when the psychiatrist tried saying "Invega Sustenna treats depression too, this is why you are depressed" I said "nope". Then after three days of me saying no and refusing she said "you can leave the hospital then" and I got released.

After that (late October 2017), I began researching several different medications and supplements that help with the withdraws of Anhedonia. Stumbled across this forum about Invega Sustenna and felt so much comfort, well the smallest amount that I could at the time anyway since I was unable to feel any kind of emotion/feeling/stimulation at all within the past year. You can actually find me on page 80-100 I believe, thats when I joined this forum. Crazy that its grown so much over the year and 2 months off it :'). You will also find some of the medications that I have tried while on those pages.

I tried the following:
1. Cabergoline (Dostinex): prescription grade dopamine agonist.
2. Memantine: Made me feel worse for the first 2-3 weeks then I noticed I could recall things easier and remember things a lot easier.
3. Cerebrolysin: hard to find, but I did. Its a miracle drug. Helped so much for the short amount of time that I ran it for.
4. L-Dopa
5. L-Tyrosine
6. Magnesium Glycinate
7. Adderall/Dexedrine (I have ADHD, reason why I am prescribed both memantine and Adderall).
8. Lots of B vitamins (especially b12)
9. Multi Vitamin

... Im about to sleep here soon so I can continue my list if requested or if you guys are interested, just let me know.

I was one of the lucky few that actually encountered hormonal problems from invega, so I saw an endocrinologist who ended up putting me on Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT), that helped a lot with the physical problems and energy levels that I was having.

In conclusion Yeshuah, 100% recovered? I believe so. Recreational Drug usage was a popular theme one year and 2 months ago when I joined Blue Light and subscribed to this feed so thats why I added that in there lol. I didn't read everyones most recent posts. You'll find that when you hit the 7-1 year mark, your life comes back and you don't check this feed as often as you used too. Then boom lifts back and goes on for the better.

Emersonny, wow you sound just like me crazy. I'm the same way.. go crazy if I am not in school. All I can say about that is do not rush going back to school like I did because now I have many medical withdraws. So stay true to what you are saying, don't go back to school until the end of August of next year.
Have I fully recovered my cognitive abilities? Yes, I believe I have. I can think clearly and am proactive, social, active (I gotta get back in the gym, slacking), have my personality back and am happy with life (for the most part aside from going away to rehab for so long).
I like how you addressed memories from my past. Childhood memories are of null interest because I can't remember those due to trauma anyway. But for past memories before and during invega withdraws.... honestly, for me personally, no/its difficult and cloudy. I honestly can not remember in detail family events, happy times from my teens that I had whilst in High School, and just what my friends did/did not do for me. I am doing my research still to this day (as I love neuroscience and everything medicine) but, I think the one time I could actually remember more memories from my past was during my short Cerebrolysin stint for a month. Look into it, it helped me greatly. Ill PM you later, im a green lighter and can't for another 180 minutes. Peace man.

Empty1128 lol man did you ever get that fixed? You need to see an endocrinologist asap and get Cabergoline..

@Josh Handel: your welcome. no worries. congratulations on being healed. great feeling isn't it. dark times there for a lil while but you managed and came out tip top on the other side of it. thanks for coming back and sharing with us. brought some hope around. now go live your life as you were meant to. peace.

@AlphaMethylPhenyl: changed your name to a mouthful i see. good name, future of a lot of industry today. i agree, this is the only psych med i have taken where i gained mass amounts of fat. i did take one 14 years ago that made me gain some more than average weight but my body beat the crap out of the fat and that pill within a month of that so no big deal. i also gained muscle while working out and playing sports while on all those psych meds. weird how our bodies and brains are different depending on who we are. so your muscular huh... what you up to this weekend big boy? ;) i'm playin, i'm hetero.

though it's true it is hard for some and not others depending on body chemistry and which pills they are taking. the part i agree with is making the effort to live the healthy and active lifestyle (however that looks for the individual) because it leads to a happy life, a faster recovery and the attempt without the results is what counts. i also agree with LifeAfterInvega, always an exception but exceptions are not excuses... right LifeAfterInvega?

@invegaisnotgood: because. that. is. what. the. medication. does. to. us. if. we. are. unfortunate. enough. to. suffer.

it sucks, big time. we learn to work within our limitations. why? because it doesn't do us any good to bash our heads against the wall with what we can't do but instead find ways to do what we can do with what we are capable of. the good news is in time reading returns to normal again. i got through one book already and on to the next one. seriously through this whole trial all i wanted to do was read. working, making choices, even the tweaking invega caused in me going away would be towards the top of the list but reading, that's the one thing i think above all else i really wanted to get at and it's even better than i remember because i was without it for so long.

reading, articulating, focus, concentration... it all gets better. every single person who has come before us and healed as well as many who have not healed yet have said it does from their own experiences. you will as well one day. give it time and be patient to the best of your ability. hang in there.

@Healed: you again huh. well now my blood pressure is through the roof cause they stabbed you again with the poison. :X

yes, i remember you from when you first started posting. sorry they pulled a Narshe81 on you. good news is you've been through this before and know the drill. bad news is i've never taken it twice and don't know what it's like but i'm sure it is something you are more than capable of getting through. i have respect for anyone who gets the poison, a lil more so for women, even more so for those who get it twice. please do not let this get the better of you, keep plugging away until your healed and post a full recover story that was done by someone who got it twice. it will lend more hope than us mundane recovery stories.

edit: your the one talking of allergic reactions. so yes, it does happen. matter of fact it has been talked about that the immune system slows way down, tolerance to drugs is lower and bio rhythms across the board are lessened. i don't get allergies more than once every two years or so and not very bad at that, slight stuffiness and my head feels full of cotton. it got worse while on the poison. head colds took a week to get over, flu two weeks, infections i had to take a lil more antibiotics than usual. it's nothing you can't live through though it takes it's toll on us. it will return to normal and you wont be dealing with this forever.

@lemmon: stand strong you will brother. you will not be broken by this, you will endure, you will get past this and you will get on with living your life again. thanks for coming back and joining us. you are always more than welcome here.

invega trinza huh. my blood pressure is already up due to Healed being back so i don't want to hear about it. but i know you got the best of intentions so yes, they have had it in europe for some time and bringing it out in the states like it's a new ferrari or computer. sickening isn't it. even worse like it's been talked about here before, they are targeting people in the states with mental illness who commit crimes to take invega sustenna, just a matter of time before they start forcing the 3 month injections on people.

@iridescentblack: who let you back in the thread?! haha

@Hellohihey2: did i forget anyone? i'm sure i addressed all the people i wanted to, didn't i?

i'm playin.

no, hair loss doesn't solely depend on mother's fathers side of genetics. mostly but not always. life is different today and those old wives tales are a thing of the past. if one side of your families genetics have baldness in it then the chance or likeliness increases that you will. thems just the facts.

science aside, if i could address your concern with experiences from the thread...lots of people have had thinning hair and it fall out, even the women. scary notion to see so much of it go. those who have fully healed or not but posted on the matter says it slows down, returns to normal (thickness, oil, texture, etc.) and even grows back some to all of it. it's like the gynocemastia, best left to deal with after you fully heal imo. there are pills, creams and of course women do like bald men. they have a way of making women comfortable and get to know them better than guys with hair do.

what invega has done is over ridden your physical chemistry (not genetic) and has basically encapsulated you for now. let it run it's course. the physical side effects/withdrawal symptoms are not done yet so worrying about this might be for nothing. it's like the comedown off of any drug, it gets worse before it gets better and when it gets better it gets way better than our half delusions and pessimisms lead us to believe in the first place.

i hope your panic has subsided by now and i'm not too late in getting back to you. maybe ease up with the hair care products and genetic products until your body has had a chance to heal itself. if not whatever you try please do post so everyone has the info.

@Empty1128: stop, stop, your gonna make me pee my pants. not every man produces milk, just like sad to say not every woman does. ohhh, where were your big man tits when i needed a good cry so i could go to sleep. XD

how about we wait until your fully healed before we determine a milking schedule for you, the black market pays big on breast milk these days i hear.

coffee 3 cups a day sometimes and still no adverse reactions to it. i might knock on your door sometime next year for a cappuccino. or you can tell me where the best ones are at. hang in there my lil lady killer.

Last edited:
@invegauser yeah man truly appreciate all of the advice and support you gave me. Your analogies of or relating to the drug are so fitting and perfect, which helped a lot too and made me slightly laugh during the times I could lol. But goddamn I see someones still been on this blog hard after all this time, XD hahaha.

@Josh Handel: blog? i don't blog and the mod of blogs is probably going to kill me for it. 8)

but ya, i do go on when i return to talk with people here. sorry about that XD. i like to make sure people get the info they need and give something back for what i got from this thread while going through all of this myself.

you were just as big a help to me as i was to you.

being healed this last month or two after the last 8 and a half years has left me noticing how much less in touch with people here i am now. i don't feel the same connection entirely. my empathy and pain i went through from the trial lends me perspective though. have you noticed something similar?

Status
Not open for further replies.