Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@zack365: iridescent is correct in predictions like your talking about. also keep in mind fast healers get hit harder when you go up and are doing better and then get shot right back down again. this isn't a bad thing cause your still healing fast, it just sucks and happens to all of us in our own way. your perspective is not the issue, it's the roller coaster ride your going through. as soon as your doing good, the receptor starts to short out cause that's the pattern the poison creates. it disables the receptor so when your feeling good again it's the receptor working out like a muscle, it needs time to relax before it can try to make you happy again and that's the down period.

your posts have days, use these to track your progress and recognize the patterns. it's a lil helpful in this regard.

@shadypenguin: sorry about not getting back to you on the half lives. i'm lagging cause my symptom is starting up more and i want to make sure i get the calculations right. i'll get back to you with the numbers later today or tomorrow.

2 years of the pill (3-6mg twice a day first year, 6mg twice a day second year) then 10 months or 11 shots (234mg+156mg starter, two 117mg, 7 156mg.). last one was june of of 2013

Last edited:
Hey there

I'm a new user since today and want to join in the conversation. Been reading since v1.
I'm 26 years old, from Switzerland and have been injected with the two loading doses of invega 4 months ago and am suffering from the same symptoms as you are.
The worst symptoms are:
-insomnia (don't get in a deep sleep state and sleep for 5-6 and then wake up all the time for the next 2-3 hours)
-libido
-no emotions
-limited cognition (i have always had philosophies about everything, which is gone)

What I'm worried about the most is my intelligence.
But I believe strongly, after reading through this thread, that everything will come back time after time, we just have to be patient

From what i have read so far is that people have started to get better at about 8 month off and things were more bareable
and were back to who they once were at about 10-12 month off

the people who took longer than that were mostly taking other drugs, such as antidepressant and other stuff, which will make thing worse and have similar effects
so for anyone who's reading this: don't take any other drugs while recovering eventhough it's seductive, because it will f**k up your brain even more, and a withdrawal of antidepressant can be even worse than that from what i have read

i also have to add, that some people are not honest about other "medicine" they're taking, such as Rosi71, she's in a german Forum and stated that she takes 25mg of Solian every day, which is another AP and used for schizophrenia, for those of you who were scared and asked themselves why she's not recovering, that is the answer. @Rosi71 If you're reading this, take it as an advice and STOP the Solian immidiately, because it is the reason why you are still struggeling so much

i have a lot hope eventhough it's hell, but we have to be strong, the worst part is to wait for so long and watching life go by as you have to stay and watch

the hopelessness that everyone feels and the suicidal thoughts are also side effects of this drug and i was also suicidal so far, but it has gone away since about 3 weeks, so concider these thoughts as side effects and not your true thoughts as you know, that you normally wouldn't think like that, but it's your state of mind that is forcing you to deal with it every single day and keep the same thoughts runing and runing all over again as you wish deep down inside to get freed from this horrible hell, which is absolutely normal

but know guys and girls, your true self is just hiding down there and waiting for you to show when all of this has passed.
and be aware that eventhough you will feel better, you will at first start to feel that you're not yourself anymore, but that is compeletly normal because you have been held in prison for so long. imagine someone who comes out of prison, even if he/she is out of there he has to go on another journey of finding himself again, but he's free at least and you will be free too, and as a lot of people here said, you will enjoy life even more, because you're free and then you have to train yourself again to finding yourself again, but I'm sure that the release of it will be enough at first to deal with and then things will start getting better and better without you struggeling so much and making it bareable and actually enjoyable seeing improvments

Don't let yourself down, I'm here with you guys and it's hard as hell i know, but we will make it, I'm sure about that

Hang in there guys and girls,
will be checking daily I think (as I got nothing to do but waiting) and give you guys updates
Wish you all the best

@Yeshuah: welcome to the thread. i wouldn't worry about your intelligence as we all heal (as you probably noticed by now) plus you seem pretty smart from your post which also has some good advice in it (very well said btw). looking forward to reading more of yours in the future.

@Rosi71: Ist das wahr, nimmst du Solian?

is this true, are you taking solian?

Last edited:
@invegauser: true.

@yeshuah: welcome to the thread. I'm surprised you still have "no emotions" as stated. I guess everyone is different in this aspect. My libido went down hill when I was first injected. After, a month off I had hypersexuality.
I'd predict a recovery for you in a few months. I honnestly don't believe it will take an entire year for you to heal. Hang in there.

@Rosi71 : Lol, if it turns out to be true, at least you have your answer.

@iridescentblack : thanks for the reply. I guess I'll be cautious next time I give a prediction on how long it will take for invega to wear off. As invegauser said, it's a roller coaster for me. This morning I felt down, depressed and all that but now it's the evening here and after an hour and a half nap I'm feeling much better.

To the room : Sports, niacin help but they are not the miracle I expected. So are all the other supplements and pills. Coffee is actually pretty good but you can't count on it all the time.

Die 4 Psych Medizin Injektionen, die die gleichen schw?chenden Nebenwirkungen / Entzugserscheinungen haben, sind Invega, Haldol, Abilify und Zyprexa. Sie teilen die gleichen 4 Rezeptoren, auf die sie zielen: D (2), D (1A), D (3) und 5HT2A.

Solian (Amisulpride) zielt auf drei davon ab und wirkt als Antagonist oder deaktiviert sie. D (2), D (3) und 5HT2A.

Es wird dar?ber geredet (und auch meine pers?nlichen Gedanken), dass die 5HT2A die wichtigste ist, die sie ausl?sen sollten, um die Arbeit besser zu machen, anstatt ?berhaupt nicht zu arbeiten.

das bedeutet, dass Solian deine Verhandlung vielleicht noch h?rter oder schlimmer gemacht hat. Es w?re gut, mit Ihrem Psychiater dar?ber zu sprechen.

the 4 psych med injections that have the same debilitating side effects/withdrawal symptoms are invega, haldol, abilify and zyprexa. they share the same 4 receptors that they target: D(2), D(1A), D(3) and 5HT2A.

Solian (Amisulpride) targets three of these and acts as an antagonist or disables them. D(2), D(3) and 5HT2A.

is it talked about (and also my personal thoughts) that the 5HT2A is the important one, it is the one they should be triggering to make work better instead of making not work at all.

that means solian may have made your trial even harder or worse. it would be good to talk to your psychiatrist about this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amisulpride

https://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB06288

Ich habe die Recherche bereits an mehreren Seiten durchgef?hrt. Die zwei Links sind Referenz, sind aber korrekt.

i did the research already on several sites. the two links are reference but are correct.

I only took it for some days more than a year ago, that is not the reason, that my receptors not work. Maybe because I lost many chells years ago from the stroke and now the very high dose has taken the other chells away or the receptors. 250 mg Xeplion is very much. Or it is because of the hurt what they did to my son. This part of the brain is like a trauma not here, only sometimes I can cry.

i'm not saying it is the reason why you are not healed.

all i'm suggesting is talk to your psychiatrist about it. we use the posts here to talk to our psychiatrist to help them understand what they don't yet.

we help them to help us.

you still have a couple months until the two year mark. so either your going to heal soon or you need more specialized treatment.

all i can go on is what i can tell is working in my brain, what i can do now and info science makes about their inventions. i hate that everyone has suffered while on the poison but it is something i can use in perspective to better understand my own condition and how my brain works. i didn't have MRI like you did, i wish i did. but you have a lot more info now. please use that to talk with your psychiatrist.

information is a very powerful thing in this world Rosi.

ok?

The psychiatrists know nothing about the poison it seems and they dont beliefe what I tell them. The MRT showed that the hyppocampus has shrinkened and I have a cyste on the pineal gland. But about the Cortex they said nothing. But the receptors nobody could see in the MRT.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-HT2A_receptor

agreed Rosi but we have to start somewhere.

the receptors are located in different places and they affect many different areas of the body, brain and nervous system.

all i'm doing is giving you information and asking you talk with your doctors and psychiatrist about all of the information. the info we share here, other place on the internet and what they already found out about you.

it's a long process Rosi, it's not easy but it's worth it.

i had no certainty that i would heal until a year or two ago. i tried many things, i talked with many psychiatrists about the same things over and over again. it wasn't until i learned something that let me know i would heal.

all i'm asking is you let them know about what we talked about here today. maybe something happens, maybe it doesn't. trying is better than not trying at all. we never know what small piece of info is going to make us better or find the antidote.

next time you see psychiatrist let them know please?

What let you know, that you will heal Invegauser? And do you have really some progress?

my symptom Rosi. it runs like clockwork, it is a set number of years. i was going through it when i was put on xeplion.

i was talking with a psychiatrist and they asked me something, i started remembering how my symptom works to respond to them and i started having memories of going through it before. over the next few days i put together what we knew about xeplion and what i knew of my condition and this symptom. i bet on it and waited but still tried to do things that would help me heal. the signs of healing started happening right on time as with my symptom happening and in accordance with my theory.

yes. i'm actually not feeling connected to people here as much as i use to. my symptom and xeplion have somethings in common but the way i experience both of them let me know which one i'm experiencing is really whats going on. like anhedonia comes with us not being able to fully use our brain. my emotions and feelings are active but i can't fully use my brain. i can not use some lines of thinking on xeplion and not use other lines of thinking while my symptom is happening; two different train tracks but the same train.

i can't be active all the time while my symptom happens but i am way more active than most people are and even more so then when healing from xeplion. being able to communicate isn't a big problem, it's just the words i struggle with. my ability to perceive things has a hole in it but it's better than being almost totally cut off and there are other things as well.

right now i'm not healed, i'm getting pulled between two cars going very fast down the road. when the symptom kicks in all the way i will get pulled into one car and be fully healed.

i will be like only half of xeplion but wont suffer as badly. when my symptom is over with i will feel and be the way everyone else is once they are fully healed.

very confusing isn't it?! haha.

Last edited:
No but are you sure, that on this part of the brain what doesnot function, if there maybe many chells are away? Or the brain-tussue is so weak that we cannot feel the hight very good feelings and not the bad depressed feelings? I know that in me there is very much pain, but this is a trauma. But for me also I miss many emotions. I miss them also in the night when I sleep, I dont dream them. My eyes are very small and I am most time very tired.

Now I remember some days ago I drove through the town, the sun was shining and I saw many people with their happy children. Suddenly I felt very bad, depressed. I think this would have been my true emotions, but they were too bad.

yes, very sure. not only have others fully healed (and many recently have come back to assure us they have) but i also now know first hand.

it's been a long time and atrophy is going slow but i feel much more than i use to.

emotions and feelings take time to develop. we shape them with each experience we go through (the latter more so than the former) and every time our receptor recycles itself. the core of it stays the same, what we associate it with and how we connect with it changes over time. very self defeating if we do not listen to what our emotions tell us and take correct steps in such matters. we can't force them, only make them into something we don't want them to be anymore in our own minds. when we heal the core resets naturally. it is one thing that makes us humans resilient creatures.

try to stay distracted Rosi. thinking on the bad things makes it worse.

try doing something everyday that encourages the receptor to work again. this is how we shape it in a good way and help wake it up from what xeplion has done.

i have to stop now, i have things to take care of and i said to shadypenguin i would work on something for him. so i have to rest so i can do these things or else i push too far and make things much worse.

you take it easy the rest of the night Rosi and please try to get some sleep. sweet dreams. heal quickly. peace.

Last edited:
@shadypenguin: here's the half life calculations for the 25 days doing it both ways.

method one: 17 months = 2mg

method two: 7.5 months = 2.15mg

here's the half life for the 49 days doing both ways.

method one: 27.77 months = 2mg

method two: 14.7 months = 2.14 mg

hope this helps. some believe in this theory and some do not.

p.s. i now remember the two reasons why i said i would never do this again. 1. very grueling. haha. maybe disappointing to the reader too.

and 2. this time i was almost too tempted to do my own half life calculations. HAHA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.