Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you all heal quickly. I hope I finish healing fully soon as well.

To quickly document my healing process:

Months 1-3 - Almost 0% improvement, no changes.

Months 3-6 - Akathesia finally subsides.

Months 6-9 - Slow improvements of cognitive impairments. Sleep returns to normal. Sexual function @ around 75%

Months 9-10 - Sexual function fully returns. Resting heart rate finally returns to normal. Anhedonia lifts slightly.

Months 10-12 - Fitness levels return to pre invega levels. The ability to catch a buzz or get high returns slightly. Anhedonia continues to improve slightly.

I had hoped to be completely healed but I am glad to see improvements. If you had asked me any particular month I would have said that there were no improvements. However looking back over the year I see all the improvements and I expect to recover fully. My heart is with those who suffer among us. Thank you for taking the time to read and best wishes.

-Benjamin

I hope you all heal quickly. I hope I finish healing fully soon as well.To quickly document my healing process:Months 1-3 - Almost 0% improvement, no changes.Months 3-6 - Akathesia finally subsides.Months 6-9 - Slow improvements of cognitive impairments. Sleep returns to normal. Sexual function @ around 75%Months 9-10 - Sexual function fully returns. Resting heart rate finally returns to normal. Anhedonia lifts slightly.Months 10-12 - Fitness levels return to pre invega levels. The ability to catch a buzz or get high returns slightly. Anhedonia continues to improve slightly.I had hoped to be completely healed but I am glad to see improvements. If you had asked me any particular month I would have said that there were no improvements. However looking back over the year I see all the improvements and I expect to recover fully. My heart is with those who suffer among us. Thank you for taking the time to read and best wishes.-Benjamin
Hello Benjamin!! Was you also mis-diagnosed? How many dose did you get? Can you feel really dopamine again?

Hello Benjamin!! Was you also mis-diagnosed? How many dose did you get? Can you feel really dopamine again?

I was ultimately diagnosed with "psychosis" It was not a misdiagnosis, as I was psychotic at the time. I can mostly feel dopamine yes. Cigarettes are back to normal and I can feel substances mostly again.

Hi

Ive been on invega for 18 months and my psychiatrist wont take me off the injection. Can someone suggest a strategy for getting off it?

Sign Petition To Ban Invega Sustenna

I'm also suffering from longterm brain damage from Invega Sustenna. Please sign this petition to ban this poison:https://www.change.org/p/donald-trump-prohibit-ssris-snris-and-antipsychotics-for-any-purpose My side effects at the start were mainly intense mental anguish/agony with strong urge to kill myself, and terrible akathesia. Now my main problem that these have mostly subsided is anhedonia and reduced response to caffeine. I'm 4 months into this life-destroying bullcrap.

This Akathesia is killing me today. I have been taking beta blockers (Propranolol) But it's still not helping lol

Hi

Ive been on invega for 18 months and my psychiatrist wont take me off the injection. Can someone suggest a strategy for getting off it?

Are you forced to take the injections and for how long? Tell him or her that you suffering negative symptoms. They should change it straight away for you.

I was forced as well to take this dirty Invega and it's wasted over nearly 5 months of my life.

Last edited:
Are you forced to take the injections and for how long? Tell him or her that you suffering negative symptoms. They should change it straight away for you.

I was forced as well to take this dirty Invega and it's wasted over nearly 5 months of my life.

Ive been on it for 18 months, yes Im forced to take it. Ive been misdiagnosed but got under the mental health system due to a drug induced psychosis. Ive already said to them that I suffer from side effects and they brush it off. Im under an outpatient CTO (Community treatment order) so Im stuck at the moment.

Last edited:
Ive been on it for 18 months, yes Im forced to take it. Ive been misdiagnosed but got under the mental health system due to a drug induced psychosis. Ive already said to them that I suffer from side effects and they brush it off. I take thyroid medication and that helps with the weight gain. Im under an outpatient CTO (Community treatment order) so Im stuck at the moment.

That sucks mate. You from Australia by any chance?. Have you told them that there's other depot (injections) like Abilify Maintena which is milder on side effects? If your on communty treatment order.

No they wont budge. Ill keep asking. Ill try and get them to reduce the dosage in the interim.

Last edited:
I'm on 100mg. They won't put me on orals. They diagnose me with schizophrenia but I don't suffer from any auditory or visual hallucinations or delusions. What are my options?

Last edited:
Work your way thru the MH system, fighting is futile.

Complaining about side effects will get you nowhere

Check out mary ohagan in NZ

Goodluck

I was misdiagnosed as paranoid schizoaffective threat to society and to himself schizophrenic due to high consumption of something legal I won't state here in hope someone won't have the idea. I dropped out of school and something else happened.

On Abilify my grades got extremely low, so I had to stop. Feeling tired all the time, shy and everything.

1st month off: sleep gets better
2 months: zombify factor is lowering, people starts to notice me for the first time in one year
3 months: Getting more aggressive and doing wrong choices because of alcohol and my friend'S mom bottle of medication.
4 months: Slight buzz. Of course as I stated before newer generation anti psychotics are meant to block the buzz once and for all.
5 months: Back to school, learning skills are back, but still lazy

People say I look more depressed, but I feel much better

is abilify really that much better?! i think there's a few people who have posted here recently that would disagree. a definite second runner up to invega for sure.

I have read all the of the thread and I know Abilify can do the samething as the dirty Invega (poison). I know mate. :)

I just feel really sorry for someone on Community treatment order I have been there and It's not a nice feeling.

But for
heaven sake they (psychiatrist) should change he AP at the very least. I know people that got temporary parkinson's disease symptoms from this invega injection and they suffered massively for upto 6 months because of it.

Last edited:
Guys Abilify is very different from Invega. It causes severe restlessness and agitation. It makes urinating hurt and causes blood pressure imbalances when you get up. It causes insomnia and nervousness. Really horrible drug that is a real nightmare to be on. It might not cause the total zombification of Invega but it is pure hell. Hope you guys are recovering. Peace.

I have read all the of the thread and I know Abilify can do the samething as the dirty Invega (poison). I know mate. :)

I just feel really sorry for someone on Community treatment order I have been there and It's not a nice feeling.

But for
heaven sake they (psychiatrist) should change he AP at the very least. I know people that got temporary parkinson's disease symptoms from this invega injection and they suffered massively for upto 6 months because of it.

How did you get off your CTO? Is it worth appealing to a tribunal or just cooperate?

Last edited:
@inveganightmare,
apologies i didn't go into much depth with my previous post - was driving across australia and hadn't slept in 24 hours.

i'll elaborate in hopes that i can help. i'm in the same position as you - currently on a NSW CTO in aust, and have been a victim of this system of control since march. in 2015, however, i was on a CTO and managed to free myself from it by 2016. I was placed on another Jan, this year. i'm not sure if there's a "minimum" time required for you to be on a CTO in NZ, but in Aus they say its around 2years, based off their "statistics".

our options for freedom:

1. Work your way thru the MH system
as i say, in australia the satanist scum who poison us (commonly referred to as "quacks" or "psychiatrists"), say we must be drugged for at least 2 years. this is their general guidelines they work off, saying that it is to "protect" us and the community. I was able to free myself previously in just 10 months, though this was my first order - i was with the young peoples team, who seem now to be as lot less strict and a little more caring, though i use that term loosely.

If you decide to follow this path, be aware that it's a long road and plan accordingly. Go in with a list of pro's and con's about their "medicine" - tell them why you think it is working and try to demonstrate that you have "insight" into your "illness". Also try to express to them why you don't think its helping - try to let them tell you what the side effects are, and then, if you experience that, tell them so.

It's about satisfying them that you are compliant, agreeable and will conform to their demands and wishes.

2. fighting (could be futile)

If however, you have too much self respect to do this, you can try to challenge them. I found a psychiatrist who's experience spans 52-years. She told the tribunal that I am not ill in any way and do not require their poison. A week later, I was discharged.I haven't yet found any good global human-rights lawyers, and on representing myself at tribunals in the past, it is difficult to argue your own interpretation of the law. Funny that. Mary O'Hagan might be a lead for you.

Complaining about side effects will get you nowhere.
They don't care, and will never recognize that their drugs in fact cause serious harm. All this does is gives them more evidence to use against you at the tribunal.The method i'm adopting to free myself this time round is to do a bit of both. Research your law at the very least and try to find out what criteria they use to justify why you need to be on a CTO.

--

Zombie

How did you get off your CTO? Is it worth appealing to a tribunal or just cooperate?

How badly is Invega injection is effecting your day to day?

I got out of the CTO because every 12 months a new psychiatrist registrar is based at the community centre where I go for my appointments and one day I went for my appointment and there was new psychiatrist said the Invega was impacting my life.

I couldn't even stand up in the shower or walk or work or I couldn't even look after my self. My partner said it was impacting my life so badly aswell and the old psychiatrist was a wanker and wanted every single person that had Schizophrenia (btw I do have Schizophrenia for reals) to be on forced depot injections and the mental health worker (support worker) I had was a total wanker and made up shit and told the psychiatrist I was cutting down my dose of my medications and the psychiatrist didn't like that at all and put me on forced depot for 5 months into I got a new psychiatrist that come along and seen how badly the depot was effecting my life . I could go on forever about this bullshit but it's not helping and it upsets me badly talking about this bullshit I went though. I swear I'm traumatized because of it. I dont think my life will ever be the same as before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.