• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Coming down off daily Percocet and sporadic Meth use depression

Opi_Kid_Rock

Bluelighter
Stopped taking Meth for 5 days; original dose intake was one point snorted every 3rd day for 2 months. Stopped oxycontin 10mg a day for 3 months. But replaced it with 1-2 percocet pills per day. Crashing yesterday and today with severe depression where I couldn't get out of bed early and do anything productive but sit there and stir in my mind about all the potentially bad situations that are or could happen. Anxiety today was through the roof but not full blown panic attack.

My replacement today for this comedown 1.5mg kpins and 2 Tylenol 3s (codeine) tablets. I currently feel normal and functional for now keeping depression and cravings at bay.

Is this replacement of Kpins and T3s safe and a safe combo to use for say ONE month to keep mental state (large drop in dopamine levels) stable/functional ? Used to be on antidepressants SNRI that they took me off of.

Thank you Brothers and Sisters of the wonder Bluelight community.

Opi_kid_rock

Last edited:
don’t mix depressants. you don’t have much of a high tolerance for opiates, and if you have little to no benzo tolerance, using that amount of klonopin mixed with codeine daily could cause respiratory depression to which you could potentially stop breathing. these are more mild depressants, but given the low tolerance you do still run the risk. i would just take the klonopin, leave out the codeine. i doubt the codeine in the tylenol 3s is even enough to be benefitting you. you’d have to take a lot of them to have any benefit, which is not advised given the tylenol. imo, the tylenol 3s are a pointless addition and could possibly cause harm to you in combo with the kpins.
i would go down to 1mg klonopin as well, consistent daily klonopin use will make your tolerance rapidly climb (trust me, been there. was on and off prescribed a daily script for years) and you want to take as little as possible if you’re going to use it daily for a month to ensure you don’t have as bad of benzo withdrawals, look up how to safely taper off of benzos as well. you can’t suddenly stop taking them.
klonopin has a long half life as well and is pretty potent, so starting off with 1.5mg is unnecessary. 0.5mg-1mg is a better dose if there’s minimal to no tolerance. i would do 0.5mg 2x/day. if you need more, add another 0.25mg.

Last edited:
also don’t use meth again. when you quit meth, it will make you depressed. get back on SSRIs or SNRIs, keep your drug use to a minimum. meth fucks with your dopamine levels which is probably the biggest cause as to the current depression. klonopin will not fix depression.

I had a high tolerance to opioids. Ranging from 30mg IR oxycontin up to 80mg casual use.

I had a high tolerance to opioids. Ranging from 30mg IR oxycontin up to 80mg casual use.
regardless, mixing benzos and opiates is not a good idea.
if your tolerance is that high, then my point regarding the tylenol 3s being pointless is even more true. with zero tolerance to opiates, tylenol 3s don’t really do much for people unless you do a CWE on a bunch of them and get a good amount of codeine separated from the tylenol. to which, i yet again would not advise doing in your situation.
just stick to the lower doses of klonopin and get some legitimate help.

Anecdotally the T3s and Kpins worked out for me specifically. Can I get an opinion from someone other than the person who thinks they know it all and who’s talking to me like they’re my mother. Saying mixing 2 T3 tablets with 1.5mg of kpins is potentially lethal sounds like the general info on the web and not the good experienced advice I have gotten from this board. Unadulterated advice coming from personal experiences.

Anecdotally the T3s and Kpins worked out for me specifically. Can I get an opinion from someone other than the person who thinks they know it all and who’s talking to me like they’re my mother. Saying mixing 2 T3 tablets with 1.5mg of kpins is potentially lethal sounds like the general info on the web and not the good experienced advice I have gotten from this board. Unadulterated advice coming from personal experiences.
you seem cranky, maybe you should take some more klonopin and calm down.

I don’t think so. Just took a Percocet prior to posting. I’m looking for better anecdotal experiences who wishes to share.

I don’t think so. Just took a Percocet prior to posting. I’m looking for better anecdotal experiences who wishes to share.

oh, sorry my experiences weren’t good enough for you. i’ll try again harder next time, for all i want sir is to appease you and your snotty attitude toward people trying to answer your question.
cheer up, man. life isn’t that serious. i hope you get some serious help, that’s the only way you’re really going to feel better. you need it.

Last edited:
My replacement today for this comedown 1.5mg kpins and 2 Tylenol 3s (codeine) tablets. I currently feel normal and functional for now keeping depression and cravings at bay.
try taking a gabapentinoid along with these, it will DEFINATELY improve your mindset, Lyrica being best and second gabapentin, it takes the anxiety edge off and would compliment the kpins but beware they are very similar in how they work so you will be stacking central nervous system depressants, aswell tolerance to gabapentinoids builds VERY fast (i'm talking 1-2 weeks is enough to double your original dose) so take them sparingly if you can get them.

don’t mix depressants. you don’t have much of a high tolerance for opiates, and if you have little to no benzo tolerance, using that amount of klonopin mixed with codeine daily could cause respiratory depression to which you could potentially stop breathing. these are more mild depressants, but given the low tolerance you do still run the risk. i would just take the klonopin, leave out the codeine. i doubt the codeine in the tylenol 3s is even enough to be benefitting you. you’d have to take a lot of them to have any benefit, which is not advised given the tylenol. imo, the tylenol 3s are a pointless addition and could possibly cause harm to you in combo with the kpins.
i would go down to 1mg klonopin as well, consistent daily klonopin use will make your tolerance rapidly climb (trust me, been there. was on and off prescribed a daily script for years) and you want to take as little as possible if you’re going to use it daily for a month to ensure you don’t have as bad of benzo withdrawals, look up how to safely taper off of benzos as well. you can’t suddenly stop taking them.
klonopin has a long half life as well and is pretty potent, so starting off with 1.5mg is unnecessary. 0.5mg-1mg is a better dose if there’s minimal to no tolerance. i would do 0.5mg 2x/day. if you need more, add another 0.25mg.
60mg codeine is not alot friend, im certain its a much better alternative to getting on the methadone train especially at 60mg = 5mg/30mg so he's only taking 10mg of morphine/day which is so low i can't believe its doing the trick.

I regularly mix benzos with opiates Which no one reading this should refer to as a 'Safe'and i'm still kicking and considering his doses are so low, i don't find or see any risk here in all honesty, if he was taking 400mg, which is the codeine cap, then ehhh maybe but kpins or any benzo really DEFINATELY IMPROVES how well you handle the withdrawal, speaking from exp from simply trying to cut down the anxiety factor / edginess from the early wd is harsh enough to make alot of people give in and say fuck it

Brother, you are fucked up. I have been there too.

The only way to return to feeling relatively normal is a 7 day detox. Really longer, but you wont do that bullshit obviously.

Dosing oxy, benzo, and meth regularly wont last long before you experience long term damage.

I guarantee it.

Brother, you are fucked up. I have been there too.

The only way to return to feeling relatively normal is a 7 day detox. Really longer, but you wont do that bullshit obviously.

Dosing oxy, benzo, and meth regularly wont last long before you experience long term damage.

I guarantee it.
you're alittle too harsh on drugs m8, if you take care of yourself you can maintain for a very long time.. i was drinking 2 bottles of rum/day for a year, then started using coke everyday for months till i started smoking it, and currently i'm a regular very heavy coke/amphetamine/benzo/opiate user, I pass every health checkup with flying colors and am completely fine psychologically, everyones different.

A week tolerance break did wonders for me after months of n-ethyl-hexedrone use, and I mean USE, redosing every couple of hours, two hours sleep at most every week or so... luckily the tolerance for the stuff seems to go down quite fast, I think the brain really does need the sleep to replenish dopamine for the drug to smack around.

60mg codeine/1.5mg clonazepam, I'd not consider that dangerous especially given the meth use. They don't cross over, but I'm guessing you've had your share of benzos, it's a hand in hand thing I've seen.If anything, just drop the T3s' and take an even 2mg clonaz. Haven't had it before? Then in that case, start lower. I hav a bitching tolerance myself, 40mg plus and nobody is the wiser. And no, that's not me deluding myself ;)

Thanks to those who provided real-talk, cutting through so much one-size-fits-all theoretical bull$hit.

oh, sorry my experiences weren’t good enough for you. i’ll try again harder next time, for all i want sir is to appease you and your snotty attitude toward people trying to answer your question.
cheer up, man. life isn’t that serious. i hope you get some serious help, that’s the only way you’re really going to feel better. you need it.

Armchair Psychiatry and armchair Medicine I can do without. No one-size-fits all assumptive assertions please. Snotty one; try looking in the mirror.

Armchair Psychiatry and armchair Medicine I can do without. No one-size-fits all assumptive assertions please. Snotty one; try looking in the mirror.
you’re the one asking questions as to how you can fix your WD and depression from drug use, without seeking professional help. all answers on here would be considered armchair psychiatry and armchair medicine given nobody on here has a medical license. nobody on here can help you long term, get some help. the unnecessary hostility really reinforces my point regarding this. best of luck to you.

you’re the one asking questions as to how you can fix your WD and depression from drug use, without seeking professional help. all answers on here would be considered armchair psychiatry and armchair medicine given nobody on here has a medical license. nobody on here can help you long term, get some help. the unnecessary hostility really reinforces my point regarding this. best of luck to you.
I can do without the feigned concern thanks. I know you feel the need to have the last word. So be it.

Just because we don't have a medical license doesn't mean all that much when someones asking about wd, there's plenty of BL'ers who are extremely heavy poly-drug users and have hit wd at some point, and id beg to differ that a doctor would be able to give better advice than users (assuming the doctor hasn't used his share of drugs during his lifetime) a doctor can only do so much anyways, and certainly nothing else aside from write medication scripts and even then, that doesn't entail they'd even write one for these doses, theyre more likely to write a heroin user a script for methadone than they would a pill user and thats after they test you to see what levels of dope you've been using thats just how it is unfortunately.

Hope original poster's doing better after a couple days.

nobody on here can help you long term
this is factual, but if he's getting along with what he's doing he's clearly alright, his question was if it was safe to use these substances as a replacement plus.. I'm sure someone would see a doctor if it were that bad vs asking BL

but for @Opi_Kid_Rock i would like to add - you should after a month taper off the kpins just to avoid benzo withdrawal which is very alike to alcohol wd that can be relatively dangerous depending on your use but i've personally used 2-8mg kpins daily at certain times and haven't had much wd from them after daily use. At most you're most likely going to experience anxiety to some degree which'll be tolerable, but more managable if you can taper, even from 1.5 to 0.5mg would be better psychologically vs just dropping them.

stay safe
~zonxx