Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Comeup dizzyness and feeling cold

Matt123

Bluelighter
Hey,

just wanted to ask if anyone else experiences this/knows how to prevent these things.

When I take E, it usually kicks in half an hour later. When it hits me I usually get really dizzy for about 5/10 mins. The first time I took XTC this gave me a major panic attack before rolling fine. Other times after that I was fine, tho the dizzyness isnt a nice feeling.

Ive also had this thing where I get really cold after about an hour.

Does anyone know how to prevent these things/if these things are normal.

Thx

though i personally don't get any of that, many people who do report that that's due to taking a too large dose at once. a solution would be to take less or to split your initial dose into two and take the second half something like 30 minutes after the first one.

though i personally don't get any of that, many people who do report that that's due to taking a too large dose at once. a solution would be to take less or to split your initial dose into two and take the second half something like 30 minutes after the first one.

Youre just proving to be helpfull all over my threads arent you :p

The initial dose was 100 mg's last time and will be 110 the next. I thought that was a fine amount ? (See my other thread I guess :p)

The dizzyness passes relatively quickly, I just gotta make sure not to panic (Im a panicky guy), the cold part really bothered me tho.

Yaa, that's what I love about BL. Even if I'm kind of knowledgeable about stuff, there's always someone with better info than I have. I always try to soak it all in. :)

Edit: you could be naturally sensitive to E. Like Black says, take a smaller amount (like 80mg?) and see where that takes you. Then add about half of that if it's not too strong. You should be able to estimate where your sweet spot is if 100mg hits you like that.

Youre just proving to be helpfull all over my threads arent you :p

The initial dose was 100 mg's last time and will be 110 the next. I thought that was a fine amount ? (See my other thread I guess :p)

The dizzyness passes relatively quickly, I just gotta make sure not to panic (Im a panicky guy), the cold part really bothered me tho.

to be honest, i didn't even see it was you. i have an old screen and my browser window isn't large enough to show me the whole posts at at the same time as the username of the poster :)

yeah, the amount is totally fine. you could try taking the first quarter and dropping a second quarter maybe 20 minutes after that. the comeup should be more gradual that way and therefore probably less panic-inducing, but of course it will take a bit longer until you reach the peak that washes the dizzyness and anxiety away. i have no idea about the cold feeling though. i only get that when coming down.

I also get that cold feeling on the come up. I have previously read it can be anxiety perceived as feeling chilled but I never found a true reason for it.

The panic on the come up is common in many users I believe but it can be significantly worse from one person to the next. I personally have an anxiety issue and the come up has sometimes been bad enough that I have to leave the venue (such as nightclub). When I say leave as in actually go home not just step outside.

This has always been with tested MDMA.

Most people have the wrong perception when it comes to viewing the effects of MDMA.
Alot do think its just party drug and such which is really sad and your really missing out on the beautiful effects that this drug was meant to give you.

Real MDMA is a very chilled calming high, It even makes you a little sleepy.
I recommend always to take this at an safe place with either friends or alone and simply chill and listen to music while laying or sitting in a very comfortable position where you can move and roll around freely.
This is what the drug was meant to give you.
A feeling of being absolute free.
Openness, connection, with others, no lies, getting over masks you keep to yourself.
Absolute freedom in its purest form.

Personally I ALWAYS get cold on MDMA, But I LOVE IT. I LOVE to just lay in an double bed and cover myself in bed sheets to take away the chilled feelings, its so nice and cosy. especially with a partner whom you love where you can cose around and cuddle together.
Its sorta like when your freezing or is sorta sick or something and you cover yourself up in bed sheets but without the troublesome feelings, just absolute bliss.
I just like wearing some comfortable PJ's and being topless and move around and roll and touch myself or partner.

All whilst having music playing which sounds so great.
I always used to plug the PC into the TV and add a youtube playlist and fullscreen it to have the TV vibrate all the beautiful lightning effects from the music videos which lit up the room so nicely in tune with the music aswell.
Its such a magical experience.
This is how the drug should be enjoyed.

Its a life experience, Make sure you dont waste it.
You may only get to do this once an blue moon. So make sure its not wasted =)

This is obviously not the case here, so don't worry about the following, but just know that being cold (sometimes even goosebumps) during a roll can also be a sign of overheating. If this happens to you and there's a chance you're a bit too hot, go cool down outside or something. Just thought I'd throw that out there :D

It depends on the roll, but I've felt cold sometimes during an MDMA roll as well. While MDMA does slightly raise your body temperature, it's only slightly. It's doesn't keep you warm when it's cold, unless you're dancing heavily, then it can make your temperature rise significantly if you're in a hot environment. The muscle shivers you sometimes get during a roll can be perceived as being cold as well

Last edited:
This is obviously not the case here, so don't worry about the following, but just know that being cold (sometimes even goosebumps) during a roll can also be a sign of overheating. If this happens to you and there's a chance you're a bit too hot, go cool down outside or something. Just thought I'd throw that out there :D

It depends on the roll, but I've felt cold sometimes during an MDMA roll as well. While MDMA does slightly raise your body temperature, it's only slightly. It's doesn't keep you warm when it's cold, unless you're dancing heavily, then it can make your temperature rise significantly if you're in a hot environment. The muscle shivers you sometimes get during a roll can be perceived as being cold as well

Really being cold can be an symptom of Overheating?
Where have you heard or read this?
It seems weird that you would Overheat whilst doing nothing.
Did you check Temp ever?
I think I checked before and it raised temp by 1c-1.5c~ so that would make your Temp 38-38.5c~

See here, among others. I've experienced this too once. Not because of drugs, I had a serious heatstroke, I fell asleep in a room that was directly beneath the roofing tiles, the roof wasn't insulated, there was no air-conditioning nor a window, and this was during a heavy heatwave. It must have been over 50°C in that room. When I woke up I was feeling cold, had goosebumps and was shivering a bit. All the while my temperature was almost 40°C. I also stopped sweating. A small quote from the link above

When does heatstroke become critical?
Body temperature around 41°C (measured in the rectum).
You feel increasingly unwell, tired and dizzy, and your head may hurt and you may feel 'distant'.
You may feel cold, despite the heat and this a very worrying symptom.

But again, this is not what the OP experienced, that's highly unlikely at 100mg, unless you dance like a madman without stopping or drinking in a super hot club or something. And it's not a given that you'll feel cold when you overheat, it's just possible

Last edited:
Yeah. It's common to feel cold while body temperature rises, and warm when it sinks.

I usually get some body temperature feelings (like suddenly warm, then cold, but not so much that it's unpleasant) during the onset on pure MDMA. But the one time I got bunk it was insane. Going from feeling very cold in one second, to very hot the next - extremely unpleasant. Shaking, ect. It was tested positive for MDMA, but clearly wasn't pure. So be safe.

Interesting. Thanks!
And I hate these stupid dealers who does not sell pure. They should be removed.
You shouldn't even need to check whether its pure or not it should be granted already.
But ofc greedy little fkers ruin lives becouse of their bullshit.

I always use outside (Im not a club guy) with a friend. The dizzyness passes pretty quickly but the cold always holds me for an hour or so.

Last time my friend gave me his jacket (it looked weird, since he's much smaller than me, but whatever ;P), and it seemed to help.

The cold left me after taking another half.

I haven't gotten this on mdma, but I DID get it after taking a Piperazine (not sure which one though).

I felt extremely cold, but my skin was flushed and I was sweating too. Had a really bad headache too. Literally the worst night of my life, worse than a bad psychedelic trip by far. Mostly because I felt very physically ill and could not sleep that night, while having terrible anxiety about the whole thing.

Whoever passes that off as mdma to unsuspecting dummies (like me many years ago) needs to just...stop.