⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Comedy Bang Bang

i have dipped in. it's funny.

i'm a huge fan of mr. show and doug loves movies and they operate in the same universe.

alasdair

Comedy Bang Bang! is colorful and brilliant, and I hope it never ends. It strikes me as a show that could last forever if its creators wanted it to. The scripted-improv mix/ mock talk show format provides fertile ground for limitless experimentation, which judging from the caliber of visitors makes it irresistible for talent looking to flex creatively.

Aukerman and Watts seem open to anything. Combining their improvisational acumen with wild thematic conceptualizations allows them to adjust the leash on their guests while they take the show on breezy narrative and stylistic jaunts together. Nick Knoll is the only one I've seen who probably should have been reined in a bit (though I doubt even a straightjacket could hold him).

The style is difficult to define. It's of the highly self-aware “comedian's comedy” school that Mr. Show largely pioneered, though Abso Lutely Production's madly scrawled signature is also clearly visible. Still, Aukerman and crew are traveling through territory miles away from their old stomping grounds, and I suspect the approach will continue to flush out fresh performances.

EDIT: Any fans of the show who have not seen Reggie's TED talk/slam will love it (seriously!).

Last edited: