• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

comedown?

dank-lord

Greenlighter
earlier today i parachuted 20mg hydrocodone no tolerance, around 11:30am this morning, its now 9:52pm and i have an awful headache. Is this the comedown/ withdrawals of the hydrocodone? Im new to this. Thanks!

How often have you been taking it? I haven't heard of withdrawal happening if it's a first time thing. I would try to sleep it off if you can.

The first time I noticed hydrocodone withdrawal was after a couple months of weekend use. I'd take 40 mg spread out over a few hours on a Friday night. The withdrawals started taking effect on Tuesdays. I'd start feeling anxious and nauseous on Tuesday afternoon from the previous Friday. It took me a couple weeks to make the connection between vicodin on Friday and feeling sick on Tuesday.

there is no withdrawal for someone who barely takes the drug, lol.

that is also not the "comedown". that is called you having a headache for whatever reason there is.

Headaches can be a side effect if you are new to using a certain opioid, or if your body just doesn't tolerate it well. Unless you're using frequently your body will not have withdrawals. Physical tolerance takes days to weeks of regular use to achieve. And for a drug like hydro that has such a short half life your Friday's would put you in wd within the first day of non-use with Sunday and Monday being your worst most likely. Your symptoms Tuesday are caused by something else IMO. How many mg of APAP are you taking with your 20mg hydro?

My Tuesday symptoms were caused by hydrocodone withdrawal. That's how it started for me with weekend use. I'd get high on Friday / Saturday and start feeling sick on Tuesday.

That was 15 years ago. Dank-lord was the guy who asked about a headache after one use.

Oops yup. Long day and tiny phone. So I'm fascinated how there is such a delay for you though. To what do you attribute this?

I'm not sure. I started taking 2 10 mg lortab pills on Friday nights. That led to 3 or 4 pills spread out over hours. I'd be high all Friday night through the first half of Saturday. I did that for several weeks with no opiate use during the week. I just started feeling sick at work on Tuesday afternoons. That was the first time I had felt sick from opiates, so I didn't recognize what it was at first.

I've been through opiate withdrawal lots of times since then. There isn't a delay anymore. If I start taking them, I feel withdrawal pretty much as soon as the drug wears off.

Interesting! Were there any changes in your normal life during that first phase like changes in weight or diet or anything? I know in detox that sweating in a sauna or from exercise speeds it up as far as eliminating reserves in the body of other substances. I'm wondering if maybe you had something slowing your metabolism at the time.

I wasn't going through major changes at the time. It was a while ago. I was lifting weights at the gym 5 nights a week and staying sober until Friday / Saturday. I might have been experiencing withdrawal symptoms on Sunday and Monday without recognizing it. It definitely peaked on Tuesdays.

I've been through opiate withdrawal too many times. Never again, hopefully. I had a couple arm surgeries after a weightlifting injury in 2012. I got through the recoveries using high CBD weed and aleve as my only painkillers. It would have to be bad for me to take a vicodin or percocet now. I don't want to go through that shit again.