• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Comedown - Scared, depressed, confused.

Bottomless Pit

Greenlighter
Three weeks ago I took 200mg of MDMA via pill form for 3 nights in a row. I know, I'm stupid, and now I'm paying the price. I got the pills from a rather trusted vendor on the deep web, though. The roll was amazing, but these symptoms are making me feel awful.

I feel almost dissociated from my brain, and I get this occasional "pins and needles" feeling. I just feel numb and confused.

It's been getting ever so slightly better until 3 days ago when I got prescribed with Vyvanse (Adderall) for my ADHD which I've never treated until now. It flared up the pins and needles feeling in my head, so I stopped taking it.

Now, I'm completely absent of all drugs besides Accutane (which has a side effect of depression). I'm halfway through my accutane course and now I'm scared that I'll have to stop taking it.

I thought Adderall and Accutane would give me the chance to move on with my life but now I feel like I'm stuck in this bottomless pit and I want to die.

I'm pacing around my kitchen in circles thinking about how badly I fucked up. I feel trapped, depraved, depressed, and extremely anxious.

This is my first time talking to anyone about my comedown (I just found this forum on Google a couple days ago). Can you guys please give me some advice?

I've read that 5-htp helps and I've also read that it makes it worse. Should I bother looking into this supplement?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, first of all you WILL be alright. The Adderall will definitely have made things worse, as for the Accutane I'm not so sure as I don't know enough about it to say.

MDMA comedowns can definitely be brutal if not approached correctly and a 3 day bender is definitely not the right way to go about it.
I suggest getting some Valerian Root Extract first of all, widely available everywhere. 5-htp can help yes although not a miracle cure, suggested dose is 100 - 200mg before bedtime.
There is also a possibility that MDMA was not the substance found in these pills, other substances include, PMA. PMA, to me is absolutely awful, the comedown is 10 x as bad and it plays with your mind so much more.

Time will be the best healer, also you can throw in some exercise to release some natural endorphins.

You're going to be alright dude, just take it easy.

3 days in a row? Should have found this forum PRIOR to this............ Anywho, youll be find as the above poster has mentioned, but its gonna take a long time. Patience, good food, sunlight, and physical activity are the only things that will fix it.

As the 2 others have said, you will be ok. It will pass. I used to do similar benders all weekend or 3 days in a row without sleep in between. very stupid but over time your brain should recover and replenish and you should start to feel more normal again. Keep us posted.

Ok, first of all you WILL be alright. The Adderall will definitely have made things worse, as for the Accutane I'm not so sure as I don't know enough about it to say.

MDMA comedowns can definitely be brutal if not approached correctly and a 3 day bender is definitely not the right way to go about it.
I suggest getting some Valerian Root Extract first of all, widely available everywhere. 5-htp can help yes although not a miracle cure, suggested dose is 100 - 200mg before bedtime.
There is also a possibility that MDMA was not the substance found in these pills, other substances include, PMA. PMA, to me is absolutely awful, the comedown is 10 x as bad and it plays with your mind so much more.

Time will be the best healer, also you can throw in some exercise to release some natural endorphins.

You're going to be alright dude, just take it easy.

Hi, thank you for replying. I went to a store and bought both items you recommended:

http://i.imgur.com/sEgkiYB.jpg

Should I take the velarian extract every day?
And you were definitely right, the Adderall did make my head worse, but do you think I'll be able to go back on it in the near future?

Hi, thank you for replying. I went to a store and bought both items you recommended:

http://i.imgur.com/sEgkiYB.jpg

Should I take the velarian extract every day?
And you were definitely right, the Adderall did make my head worse, but do you think I'll be able to go back on it in the near future?

Yes, just do the recommended dosages. You will be able to take Adderall in the future, I would stay away from it for a few weeks to a month until your head clears.

Eat good food, I'm talking 5-10 portions of fruit and veg every day, plenty of beans/legumes, spices whole grains and leafy greens. And omega-3 DHA/EPA might help too, I like opti3 which also includes vitamin D3.

Get exercise, a good hour proper exercise each day or two hours of walking.

Don't drink or take any drugs at all until you feel better, even caffeine, it just makes recovery slow down. Go to bed at a sensible time each night and make sure you're getting about 8 hours of sleep. Try meditation for 20 minutes in the morning and evening, look up some techniques online and give it a shot.

You can try something like 5-HTP if you want to get through the worst of it, AFAIK it's not great/effective to take it long term. Try 100-200mg before bed each night for the next week with some green tea or green tea extract to help it reach your brain (< important). Valerian is good but again, no need for long term or even every day, just take some when your anxiety is bad to keep yourself calm. Remember to stop taking these if you get any sign of feeling worse.

Doing all those things I'd be surprised if you weren't back to normal or better before the end of the month.

Yes, just do the recommended dosages. You will be able to take Adderall in the future, I would stay away from it for a few weeks to a month until your head clears.

This velarian root extract is making me feel so calm and gentle. Everything's vivid, especially my eyesight, I can see everything much clearer. This will definitely help me at work, thank you.

Hope all of OPs Q's have been answered here as everyones input has been top notch.

& another good post by 'terarc', you just got to try stay healthy and it will all come back to you.

(BG info, I USED to do 1 week per year in Ibiza where I would take MDMA, Ketamine, Cocaine, weed and alcohol every day and night for the whole week. This was stupid and not something I'd ever recommend but after proper food, meds, exercise and some herbal remedies not to forget your 5 fruits and veg a day I was back to normal about a month after.)

This velarian root extract is making me feel so calm and gentle. Everything's vivid, especially my eyesight, I can see everything much clearer. This will definitely help me at work, thank you.

I'm glad things are turning better for you, we're all here to help.

Keep it going.

Eat good food, I'm talking 5-10 portions of fruit and veg every day, plenty of beans/legumes, spices whole grains and leafy greens. And omega-3 DHA/EPA might help too, I like opti3 which also includes vitamin D3.

Get exercise, a good hour proper exercise each day or two hours of walking.

Don't drink or take any drugs at all until you feel better, even caffeine, it just makes recovery slow down. Go to bed at a sensible time each night and make sure you're getting about 8 hours of sleep. Try meditation for 20 minutes in the morning and evening, look up some techniques online and give it a shot.

You can try something like 5-HTP if you want to get through the worst of it, AFAIK it's not great/effective to take it long term. Try 100-200mg before bed each night for the next week with some green tea or green tea extract to help it reach your brain (< important). Valerian is good but again, no need for long term or even every day, just take some when your anxiety is bad to keep yourself calm. Remember to stop taking these if you get any sign of feeling worse.

Doing all those things I'd be surprised if you weren't back to normal or better before the end of the month.

Thank you, I'll keep you posted.

I'm glad things are turning better for you, we're all here to help.

Keep it going.

Tyvm

I've only rolled a handful of times (so take what you want from this) but I thought I'd give you my two cents, reassurance did wonders for me last time I was in a similar place, spent a lot of time on bluelight.

I had a horrible lengthy recovery period when I rolled two nights in a row. I took over 450mg in total (sat & sun night) and won't be doing that again. Monday was great, I felt glowy and peaceful but after a couple more days passed I dipped into a period of deep, deep sadness and depression. The main point I want to make is that when you're depressed (be it something you fall into on your own accord or as a result of drugs), it pretty much always feels like it's never going to end (for me anyway) and just kills your outlook completely. UNTIL it does end, and as stated above, it will end.

I seem to be prone to extended feelings of sadness after rolling, even after taking it responsibly with supplements etc. I'm actually on the back end of one of these phases now, yesterday I didn't want to do anything with my life and today I'm pretty much back to my usual self (after 5/6 days, the incident I mentioned above lasted about 9 days).

Personal recommendation: Exercise and good weed did wonders for me. Obviously weed may not work for everyone, so take that advice with a pinch of salt, but it makes everything a bit more bearable for me (make sure it's nice weed, nothing on the racy side, a nice relaxing strain). And you definitely can't go wrong with a bit of hard cardio - if you can bring yourself to get out of the house and get on a bike / go for a long run then go for it! No harm in trying 5htp either, I've never rolled without it though so don't have a frame of reference.

Time is the greatest healer - hang in there buddy :)

Last edited:
Try 100-200mg before bed each night for the next week with some green tea or green tea extract to help it reach your brain (< important).

Done.

Keep us posted dude. I want to know how things turn out for you. Private message me if you want.

Peace and love.

I think I'll update this thread weekly.
I'm glad I made the split decision to sign up here, I literally felt like a psychopath when I made this thread.

Week 2

Okaayyy
, I do feel quite better since last week. The pins and needles feeling in my head subsided a bit, but it's still there. I've been doing cardiovascular every day and have been taking 200mg of 5-HTP with 630mg of green tea each night. I'm also going to add in a multivitamin to take nightly until I recover. I'm also avoiding caffeine/stims as suggested by mysafehome01.

What do you guys think about adding St. Johns Wart to my regimen?
Also, I'm going to the supermarket on Wednesday, any suggestions on what to buy? (food, veggies, fruit, supplements, etc.)

Done.

I think I'll update this thread weekly.
I'm glad I made the split decision to sign up here, I literally felt like a psychopath when I made this thread.

Week 2

Okaayyy
, I do feel quite better since last week. The pins and needles feeling in my head subsided a bit, but it's still there. I've been doing cardiovascular every day and have been taking 200mg of 5-HTP with 630mg of green tea each night. I'm also going to add in a multivitamin to take nightly until I recover. I'm also avoiding caffeine/stims as suggested by mysafehome01.

What do you guys think about adding St. Johns Wart to my regimen?
Also, I'm going to the supermarket on Wednesday, any suggestions on what to buy? (food, veggies, fruit, supplements, etc.)

Just keep doing what you're doing. I'm glad things are looking up.

(Remember your 5 a day, haha)

Glad to hear you're feeling better. I can't stress how important the 5 a day / healthy food generally is, probably the single most important thing as well as exercise, vitamins can be a good adjunct esp if they have some of the more obscure nutrients in (CoQ10 etc) and plant extracts/phytonutrients etc, but are no substitute.

As for food suggestions, I tend to stock up on spinach, mushrooms, broccoli, peas and beans of all varieties (including lentils), sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, carrots, courgette, cucumber, tomato, potato, squash, cauliflower mixed leaves etc and use these to make my main meals; curries, chillis, tagine, risotto, sandwiches, salads, stews and soups very quick and easy to shove together and things like salads and sandwiches can be topped off with some falafels and/or hummus, and do starchy side portions of whole grain breads or rice or quinoa maybe with meals. For breakfasts I love granola or muesli with fresh fruit and nuts chopped in with soy milk/ yoghurt, or some fried tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach with some lightly spiced green lentils, whole grain toast, baked beans and hash browns. I snack on a variety of fruit and protein energy bars like trek bars or something. Sorry if that's a bit long obviously no need to follow it perfectly but that's just what works well for me

Omega 3 DHA/EPA especially can help people and maybe things like Ginkgo, ginseng, lions mane? They definitely helped me and are not things you get from food, other than omega 3 but even then usually not the kind of doses you can achieve with a supplement

As for St. John's wort, I have actually had success reversing MDMA tolerance and negative effects by taking it 3x a day (3x 450mg pills) for 3-12 weeks. There is some evidence to suggest that as well as getting you in a better mood and helping getting you out of the rut generally, that it can help up-regulate and promote neurogenesis of the serotonin receptors that MDMA may down regulate and damage; this process however takes at least 3 weeks the begin working. The success for me was moderate but worth it, just don't use it as a long term solution, and quit doing it if you notice negative effects (though wait a couple of weeks at least for it to fully work first). DONT combine with 5-htp or any serotonin related drug though, wash out of 5htp for a couple of days before starting and wait a couple of weeks after stopping the St. John's wort to take any other serotonin-releasing etc type drugs

Last edited:
Doctors I have spoken to about St. John's wort have all said the same thing - it's a pretty useless placebo type herb with very little known benefits. Sorry.
These guys are very good too.
It probably won't do you any harm, but you could just be wasting your money. One of these doctors recommended garlic as a natural anti depressant.

Week 3

I found another user on this site who had the same symptoms I have now:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...ing-mdma-use?p=6985633&viewfull=1#post6985633

symptoms of derealiztion disorder copied and pasted from wikipedia. parts in bold are what i feel like.

"The symptoms include a sense of automation, going through the motions of life but not experiencing it, feeling as though one is in a movie, feeling as though one is in a dream, feeling a disconnection from one's body; out-of-body experience, a detachment from one's body, environment and difficulty relating oneself to reality."

I wasn't expecting the usual "just stay off drugs man, exercise and eat right, take vitamins and all will be ok."

It's not really as simple as that. I need real advice here guys.

It's like I'm living life and I know what everything is but the emotional status isn't there...

Btw, I took terarc's advice and decided to add Omega 3 (fish oil) to my daily regimen along with some other healthy foods.

Last edited:
Valerian is nice mild miracle. I took it with Bali Kratom for oxy come downs. And good Indica sm
oke.