• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Come down worse from meth or regular amphetamine?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
Come down from 120 mg of supposedly "pure" amphetamine sulphate (dose spread over eight hours) is an experience I never wish to repeat.

I've read meth is smoother and the crash isn't as bad.

Any truth to this?

Racemic amphetamine can have a rough comedown but it is qualitatively different than a meth comedown. Amphetamine is more of an anxiogenic white knuckle comedown if you push the dose, where as giant dose meth comedown feels more emotionally charged and draining. Amphetamine comedown is fast but a binge on methamphetamine can result in a long comedown that extends well into the next day.

Over time one becomes more accustomed to the comedown however.

Meth comedowns make me incredibly depressed in a way amphetamines don't. The depression can be intense and last more than a day depending on how long I was using the meth.

There isn't really much truth to that. If anything it would be the other way around with amphetamine being smoother than methamphetamine, methamphetamine after all is more potent. Ultimately, they are very similar and you might not even be able to tell a difference.

Best wishes

I would descrbe an amphetamine sulfate comedown as short and exhausting with some anxiety and depression if you are predisposed to them. Unpleasant but manageable not much longer than 24 hours.

A Meth comedown on the other hand can be deeply traumatic and fill you with existential dread tha you feel may never end. It also comes with extreme emotional labilitys. Very dose/time dependent. At least 24 hours and potentially more than 72. But a lot easier each time you go through it.