• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] Mushrooms & 5-HTP

5HTP will undoubtedly contribute to any gastric distress that may be fungus-induced. extra peripheral serotonin is rarely a good thing when taking serotonergically active psychs.

I always add 5-HTP to my trips, either I`ll take 150MG a day before or the day of. I`ll say I feel an increase in overall euphoria as well as an elevated mood lift. That is what 5-HTP does for me, and whatever "drug" I add to it be it; Shrooms, Alcohol, Bud, etc. It definitley does it job in making it more "pleasurable"

Try it... what's the worst that happens, it doesn't work?

Hey,
I did shrooms and 5-htp. I recommend not doing it! Trust me. Me and my girl went to emergency that night, cause we thought we had food poisoning. In reality it was because the shrooms and 5-htp wreaked havoc on our stomachs. It was really horrible, I'll say that much. And he 5-htp ruined any remainder of the trip we could have had after leaving emergency because the line up was out the door.

silentscience said:
Hey,
I did shrooms and 5-htp. I recommend not doing it! Trust me. Me and my girl went to emergency that night, cause we thought we had food poisoning. In reality it was because the shrooms and 5-htp wreaked havoc on our stomachs. It was really horrible, I'll say that much. And he 5-htp ruined any remainder of the trip we could have had after leaving emergency because the line up was out the door.

I feel there are other factors which influenced this. 5-HTP is a regular old supplement, with standard fillers within the capsule. I dont see any need for you guys to have gone to the Hosptial. If anything it was probably just in your head, as you were tripping.

I'd like to hear more details about this instance, it doesn't make sense.

5-HTP is to bluelight what lemon juice is to shroomery.I hate 5-htp threads.IT WON"T MAKE YOU TRIP HARDER

trip.more said:
5-HTP is to bluelight what lemon juice is to shroomery.I hate 5-htp threads.IT WON"T MAKE YOU TRIP HARDER

Nobody said it makes you trip harder, stop being an idiot. It assists in balancing your serotonin naturally, The only thing it will do is keep you in a good mindset.. Which could help people trip better, not harder however....

BiG StroOnZ said:
Nobody said it makes you trip harder, stop being an idiot. It assists in balancing your serotonin naturally, The only thing it will do is keep you in a good mindset.. Which could help people trip better, not harder however....

and I'm the idiot8)

trip.more said:
and I'm the idiot8)

You put a quote around a well thought-out comment, and reply with the same thing I said to you previously.

I would say that is definitley along the lines of an idiot, or at least someone who can't think for themselves. :\

BiG StroOnZ said:
I feel there are other factors which influenced this. 5-HTP is a regular old supplement, with standard fillers within the capsule. I dont see any need for you guys to have gone to the Hosptial. If anything it was probably just in your head, as you were tripping.

I'd like to hear more details about this instance, it doesn't make sense.

Yeah...we ate a big meal (sausage spaghetti) and then shrroms. Then the 5-htp. We both had such upset stomachs it was horrible, and I dont say this lightly. Anyways, yes a lot of it was in our heads, but we thought the pasta had food poisoned us. However, the 5-htp did play a role, as we talked to a nurse who said a lot of people complain about 5-htp giving them extremely upset stomachs. Also, the batxch of 5-htp we had is apparently very potent, because after, we both felt like we were on e, or in the same kind of mindspace (serotonin release). So yeah, other factors did play a role, but I still wouldnt recommend it as the added stomach discomfort could change a good trip into a bad one.
Cheers8(

Yeah, I have to say, 5-HTP isn't quite like lemon juice. It's 5-hydroxytryptophan, a tryptamine itself, which most certainly has some effect on neurochemistry, although at a much subtler level than many things. I'm of the opinion that 5-HTP will tweak a trip, and I've found several consistent effects depending on the drug.

5-HTP's mechanism of action is above placebo.

silentscience said:
Yeah...we ate a big meal (sausage spaghetti) and then shrroms. Then the 5-htp. We both had such upset stomachs it was horrible, and I dont say this lightly. Anyways, yes a lot of it was in our heads, but we thought the pasta had food poisoned us. However, the 5-htp did play a role, as we talked to a nurse who said a lot of people complain about 5-htp giving them extremely upset stomachs. Also, the batxch of 5-htp we had is apparently very potent, because after, we both felt like we were on e, or in the same kind of mindspace (serotonin release). So yeah, other factors did play a role, but I still wouldnt recommend it as the added stomach discomfort could change a good trip into a bad one.
Cheers8(

I personally never experienced that side effect, on Sshrooms or 5-HTP alone. It would make sense though if you and your friend both experienced that side effect; Plus along with the stomache discomfort Shrooms already provides. This could be exceptionally overkill in that case, probably to a nauseaous level.

BiG StroOnZ said:
You put a quote around a well thought-out comment, and reply with the same thing I said to you previously.

I would say that is definitley along the lines of an idiot, or at least someone who can't think for themselves. :

well thought out=D

A mood lift isn't going to do much while tripping, I would compare it to adding a tiny pinch of sugar to a liter of koolaid and expecting it to be sweet.It doesn't matter how much serotonin you have in you brain because the chemical is only going to bind to a certain amount of receptors if I understand correctly.Now I would say it might help after a roll as that depletes your brain of serotonin.How is MORE serotonin going to help in this situation?So 5-htp will not effect the trip besides adding to gastric distress.POINTLESS
almost as pointless as calling childish names:p

trip.more said:
well thought out=D

A mood lift isn't going to do much while tripping, I would compare it to adding a tiny pinch of sugar to a liter of koolaid and expecting it to be sweet.It doesn't matter how much serotonin you have in you brain because the chemical is only going to bind to a certain amount of receptors if I understand correctly.Now I would say it might help after a roll as that depletes your brain of serotonin.How is MORE serotonin going to help in this situation?So 5-htp will not effect the trip besides adding to gastric distress.POINTLESS
almost as pointless as calling childish names:p

In terms of being in a good mood? I'd say that is a hard problem with alot of people... most who have trouble with bad trips this could be a possible remedy. Whether it be placebo or fact... something is obviously working. Even Xorkoth mentions so and he's a moderator :p .

everyone here is expressing mere unfounded opinions it would seem, and oftentimes using them to have a go at others'... if I were a mod I'd ask you to stop posting in this thread and take it to p.m. because it seems to be about who is right more than about the thing itself.

I only started this thread because I was under the impression that 5-HTP would only put me in a better mood, since it helps with serotonin and it's an anti-depressant. I don't care about tripping hard, I care about having a good trip. Thanks again for your responses, but I might have to go with BiG StroOnZ on this, it sounds like a safe bet. I'll keep you guys posted on how it goes. I plan to take 5-HTP for a few days before the trip, everyday, the day of the trip, and after.

5-HTP tend to strengthen the effects for me with psychedelics.
I'd be interested to hear about any methods of action if anyone knows :) .
Doesn't make much sense to me since 4-HO-DMT is a 5-HT agonist by itself, it has no need for 5-HT ... Maybe placebo. I'll try it without it again next time I trip...

Even Xorkoth mentions so and he's a moderator

That's right, which means my opinion is rock-solid and never wrong! So I say unto you: this argument is silly, but this discussion is worthwhile.

ive only done shrooms twice, but the second time i had 5htp the night before to help me sleep the only thing that it may have contributed to was the fact that the trip kicked in after 10mins after swallowing the shroom cap, everyone else in the room took about 30-40mins

Mushrooms with 5-HTP

Heya guys!

So, I used the search engine to research this, but I found the threads quite inconclusive in general.

Basically, I was on MDMA (also Ketamine, but I'm not sure how relevant that is) on Saturday night. On Sunday morning, Sunday night, Monday morning, Monday night and today (Tuesday) morning, I have taken a 100mg 5-HTP capsule. My understanding leads me to believe that Mushrooms somehow affect the serotonin system.

If I were to take some Cambodian Mushrooms tomorrow night, would there be any negative effect from the 5-HTP? I'm not asking if it will potentiate the trip or anything like that, I just want to know if there are any dangers involved, or if it could diminish the trip to the point of it not being worth it. I assume there wouldn't be any issues with serotonin syndrome.

Also, I am usually very careful with when I do psychadelics, and I am currently suffering from no form of depression from the MDMA that I feel would put me in a bad mental place for the trip.

Also, would it be unwise to have another 5-HTP tonight, and possibly tomorrow morning?

Thanks guys, and sorry if this has been covered, but I felt a lot of answers were speculation. I understand that sometimes that's all answers can be, as there are quite a lot of things we don't know regarding supplements, etc.