View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] LSD & DXM

phantomcosmonaut

Bluelighter
So I plan on taking sugar cubes with DXM. I know that just the cough syrup by itself can cause issues due to all the sugar. So lets say about 300mg of DXM syrup combined with 2-4 (because of how weak they are) acid sugar cubes, will this be a problem? It honestly sounds like a terrible idea but its a combination I've really wanted to try.

Reactions: ___
lol dude the sugar in cough syrup isn't even the worst part about it. the sugar shouldn't be a problem

should be fun though, prepare for a real mindfuck

lol dude the sugar in cough syrup isn't even the worst part about it. the sugar shouldn't be a problem

should be fun though, prepare for a real mindfuck

What is the worst part then? I haven't really heard of DXM as being all that bad.

I haven't really heard of DXM as being all that bad.

have you done DXM before? if not, then please try each drug on its own first before you try the combo.

DXM and LSD potentiate each other a lot. you won't need all 4 hits of LSD even if they are weak. mixing the two together doesn't feel twice as strong, it feels like 6x as strong. heh. :)

Officialized this as a subthread (of course I will PM the TS to avoid confusion on his part), we were lacking this combo subthread...
so consider this a stub that will serve as a crystallization / merger seed when we reorganize other LSD + DXM threads into this.

LSD and ketamine is one of the most devastating combinations to take for your sense of reality and ego, from what I hear LSD and DXM also has serious potential though for everone considering this: first make sure you react well to DXM and like it because there is a big deviation regarding appreciation. That is true for dissociatives in general but for apparent pharmadynamical reasons for DXM doubly so.

Anyway as a golden rule, never mix drugs the first time you try one of the ones involved (this is not reaction to anyone's post).

And yes, cut back on your doses.

Im planning to do LSD on saturday and this thread made me suddenly feel like trying this combo. I'm pretty familiar with DXM, but I have only done LSD 3 times and only one of those times has it been stronger than a light trip, would you recommend I become a bit more familiar with LSD before I try this combination?

Maybe should I wait until Im peaking on the acid and then decide if I want to have some DXM?

have you done DXM before? if not, then please try each drug on its own first before you try the combo.

DXM and LSD potentiate each other a lot. you won't need all 4 hits of LSD even if they are weak. mixing the two together doesn't feel twice as strong, it feels like 6x as strong. heh. :)

Thanks for the concern, I was planning on trying the DXM on its own before this combo. Unfortunately this did not regard my question; Will all the sugar cause a problem?

Im planning to do LSD on saturday and this thread made me suddenly feel like trying this combo. I'm pretty familiar with DXM, but I have only done LSD 3 times and only one of those times has it been stronger than a light trip, would you recommend I become a bit more familiar with LSD before I try this combination?

Maybe should I wait until Im peaking on the acid and then decide if I want to have some DXM?

I would recommend going for it! I myself was planning to sync the drug durations by taking the DXM an hour after dosing the acid. But I may now consider taking the DXM at the 6-8 hour mark of the LSD trip, to extend the overall trip, which sounds nice.

I've found that taking DXM a good three to four hours before the LSD provides an incredibly intense synergy.

After three to four hours, the DXM feels like it has fully primed the brain for LSD.

In my experience, one hit of acid was more than enough.

You really need to pay attention to setting with this combo. I've completely lost touch of this reality while roaming the hills, much to the dismay of my friend (who then had to become my trip sitter, while tripping on acid himself).

I'm going to try out this combo tonight. 200ug and probably around 400-500mg DXM (polacrilex).

I'm a little concerned about how much beer I might drink. DXM + a few beers is nice but can become uncomfortable real quick with more alcohol.

Anybody try this combo recently?

It was a number of months ago now but I found dxm greatly potentiates lsd (and for me, it’s pro drugs: 1a And 1cP - I haven’t combined with 1P). I usually split my dxm in halves, taking the acid and the second half of the dxm 2 hrs after the 1st dose of dxm.

Never combined both with alcohol as I find dxm on its own makes me nauseous and I’m often sick (even with powder)... so I’d advise caution, in that regard. Otherwise, enjoy

@SnafuInTheVoid How'd it go? I'm guessing a really nice closed-eye visual experience, maybe full-on OBE?

Oh yeah man it was nuts. Took 300mg DXM then 90 minutes later dropped the acid. I was planning on taking even more DXM but I'm glad I didn't.

Was a stronger trip than I imagined. The CEVs were fucking INSANE, rivaled DMT experience!! Even the OEVs were amazing but led to some confusion as I would be looking at something but couldn't tell what I was looking at. Objects would blend in with the background so to say. I wasn't expecting that. It was also a challenging trip and I had some moments where I was uncomfortable.

I didn't have an OBE but in a way I did. The CEVs were so crazy I was literally exploring the room around me and could see my entire house with my eyes closed. Crazy fractal visuals on top of that.

It was quite the wild ride. Had some uncomfortable body load but that was to be expected.

I may revisit this combo. If I do, would probably take less DXM and a little more LSD.

Was fun, but also had its scary moments. I think a less experienced psychonaut would have completely freaked out 30 minutes into it.

I underestimated the power DXM had, and how they potentiate each other.

DMT with K is my thing but DXM and LSD are so much longer lasting, I was like 😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮... I'm glad you did a little less DXM heh. Disso and psychedelic combos are such a stupidly powerful experience, I don't even know how to describe it.

I gave up DXM a really long time ago but might give it a try w/ acid or mushrooms someday.
One of my strongest experiences with lsd combo was when I did 2 unmeasured drops then around the peak railed about 2g of k in 3 lines and smoked a changa spliff straight after, under the full moon down the beach, shit got intense pretty quick haha

@SnafuInTheVoid I tried dxm a few times but could only get the syrup and it made me puke both times, i only got the stoned feeling was gutted. Your trip sounds wicked. Did you use syrup or gelcaps? How did your cat get on?

That was when I had objects drop in and out of reality
What like random stuff just appearing open eye and then disappearing again? Pretty crazy haha
Being sick after you've chugged a bottle sucks - i can normally stomach anything

Yes, usin dxm as a launch pad for psyches has always provided an incredible synergistic effect/potentiation. On more than one occasion, with this combination, I’ve been blasted far from this realtity (be it with the addition of dmt, 4 aco dmt or a lysergimide).

In combination with a solid dose of 1cP I had the most incredible visuals, which I could manipulate ( a first for me, though I’d read about it). I became one with the Universe, controlling the incoming Snow storm. And so forth lol... at times it was admittedly too much though and I was relieved when I started to come down

Btw even with powdered dxm I can get nauseous... but I find splitting the dose in two halves really helps to reduce it. Weed helps too but definitely kicks things up a notch lol

@SnafuInTheVoid I tried dxm a few times but could only get the syrup and it made me puke both times, i only got the stoned feeling was gutted. Your trip sounds wicked. Did you use syrup or gelcaps? How did your cat get on?
I've done DXM probably around 12 times in my life. Never made me puke unless it had that guaifenesin bullshit in it. Pure DXM syrup never made me puke. I have an iron stomach and I rarely puke off anything (except opioids... always make me puke in high dose)

And yeah, it was a way stronger trip than I expected!! Had to really talk myself out of taking APs to calm down. It was gnarly! At one point it felt like my body was on fire which was uncomfortable and concerning.

Honestly I was so fucked up I couldn't really think about my cat. At one point he did snuggle with me when I needed some good vibes. My man! Even on 500ug+ of LSD I can notice my cat's behaivor but I was so fucked up this time I couldn't tell.

I want to try LSD + K now. Probably even more intense but at least it won't last for hours.

I remember when I peaked on LSD + DXM and I was like "holy fuck this is going to last for 8+ hours". Was kinda intense.

Overall DXM + LSD was one of the strongest trips I've ever had!
In combination with a solid dose of 1cP I had the most incredible visuals, which I could manipulate ( a first for me, though I’d read about it). I became one with the Universe, controlling the incoming Snow storm. And so forth lol... at times it was admittedly too much though and I was relieved when I started to come down
Yes!!! I was having intense fractal CEV's but I could also vividly see the room around me with my eyes closed and I kept traveling from room to room of my house! I could think of a place and I would then visualize it in intense detail. I had to remind myself that my eyes were closed sometimes because it was so detailed.

BTW I'm writing a thread about my cat and how he reacts when I'm on psychedelics

Last edited:
edit: even on 600mg DXM I never got close to what I'd call a hole or strong CEV experience, I think that's why I took to K so strongly, it was a quicker, more comfortable way to get to what I felt I was getting close to but could never reach with DXM. Like, I had some faint, dark, crisp textural CEVs as one does on dissos but never the full experience. I like low-dose DXM in public better than low dose K in public tho.
Yeah, I've never had real visuals even from 800mg+ of DXM. I generally think it's a shitty drug. But DAMN does it potentiate other psychedelics!