• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] LSD & Cannabis

Once weed started to make me paranoid, weed on acid made me extra paranoid. so i just don't mix them anymore.

LSD - With or without weed?

Every time I use LSD, I smoke weed throughout the trip. I get impatient on the come-up and smoke to induce the full trip, and I've never thought of weed as a negative addition to my experience. I learned though that I can't smoke near the end as I'm winding down, especially when I'm tired, because it takes me right back into intensity while I'm trying to relax. Anyway, what are your thoughts? What's LSD like without consuming ANYTHING else? Do you prefer acid alone or with weed?

I feel that some good bud actually somewhat induces my trip. I always smoke throughout the duration of an acid trip, especially on the comeup as it soothes me and keeps that anxious 'when am I gonna start tripping' feeling at bay. I usually preroll and have that first blunt with the tab under my tongue; that high gradually builds from and everyday dank high to a heightened intense body high and eventually visuals/inner peace. The two go hand in hand for sure, though I've hear from some users that bud actually causes a sensory overload for them. It can calm me down from a trip going south, I guess it's just the familiar feeling of the tree that brings me back to base

Every time I use LSD, I smoke weed throughout the trip. I get impatient on the come-up and smoke to induce the full trip, and I've never thought of weed as a negative addition to my experience. I learned though that I can't smoke near the end as I'm winding down, especially when I'm tired, because it takes me right back into intensity while I'm trying to relax. Anyway, what are your thoughts? What's LSD like without consuming ANYTHING else? Do you prefer acid alone or with weed?

I know what you mean about inducing the trip, I only tried LSD without weed on my first trip (well, I actually ended up smoking after the peak if my memory serves me right) and I didn't like waiting a full hour for the come up. I smoke at least a gram a night though and have done so for over a year, so I have a tolerance to say the least and I don't get paranoia or anything. I definitely prefer weed with LSD, it adds so much to the experience for me. I feel like a lot of people who dislike the combo maybe don't have a huge weed tolerance, but who knows. I like to keep smoking while coming down too because it definitely brings it back a little, but it makes it hard to sleep which sucks because usually weed is an awesome sleep aid for me. The only time LSD was even mildly uncomfortable was when I didn't smoke, and I've done up to 400ug with weed and never had a bad time. Honestly, I've yet to try a psychedelic that I didn't like better with weed. If you like it and it works for you, no reason to stop.

I know what you mean about inducing the trip, I only tried LSD without weed on my first trip (well, I actually ended up smoking after the peak if my memory serves me right) and I didn't like waiting a full hour for the come up. I smoke at least a gram a night though and have done so for over a year, so I have a tolerance to say the least and I don't get paranoia or anything. I definitely prefer weed with LSD, it adds so much to the experience for me. I feel like a lot of people who dislike the combo maybe don't have a huge weed tolerance, but who knows. I like to keep smoking while coming down too because it definitely brings it back a little, but it makes it hard to sleep which sucks because usually weed is an awesome sleep aid for me. The only time LSD was even mildly uncomfortable was when I didn't smoke, and I've done up to 400ug with weed and never had a bad time. Honestly, I've yet to try a psychedelic that I didn't like better with weed. If you like it and it works for you, no reason to stop.
True, I even prefer my DMT over a bowl of kind

Cannabis and I have always had a good relationship which has very rarely, if ever, resulted in anxiety or psychosis. It has been a part of my life for many years but I do not smoke it daily. Its use is more beneficial if I space out joints weekly or biweekly because of the dopamine rush.

When I combine LSD with cannabis the dopamine is released and it pushes the trip through a blissful, joyous perspective where I appreciate every single thing about myself and about my life. I will start smiling like the Cheshire cat before beginning to laugh with my mouth open. This open mouth laugh is hearty, full-bellied, and from a place of complete unadulterated ecstasy. I fly up and hit nirvana where I shed tears of joy.

I find that smoking cannabis just after the peak of LSD allows for what I call "intellectual overdrive". It introduces accessibility to profound levels of logic and problem solving which makes it possible to deconstruct any concept both externally and internally. It seems to me that it unifies the left and the right sides of the brain in such a way that it almost does what I imagine NZT from Limitless would do. It allows me to bring abstract ideas in the logical machine. Massive intellectual insights and philosophical revelations make themselves visible and pure understanding follows. I have been taken through the process of evolution where I saw natural selection at play in many natural systems: the evolution of life, of language, of culture, of ideas. "As above, so below" was the underlying message of that vision.

In my experience, smoking a large amount can produce this effect on a variety of LSD doses. It works for me on 100ug (recreational), 200ug (moderate), and 300ug (mystical). It propels me toward an expansion of consciousness, starting from my ego and expanding up through my family, my community, my gender, my race, the human species, animals, life, the planet, the solar system, the galaxy, the universe, and finally the white light: unity with everything in existence. I usually shed tears at this point due to immeasurable awe at the power and presence of the energy.

Smoking large doses of cannabis on LSD potentiates my visions of fractals exponentially. Everything I look at becomes an extreme fractal; trees, clouds, hands, veins, thoughts, you name it. I see complexity described as fractal systems with tree-like structures, for example the stem of "Science" breaks up into branches of "Physics", "Biology", and "Chemistry", and then those break up into specific topics. With my eyes closed this behaviour manifests itself as the concept of infinity where my mind can see the infinite possibilities of any concept. There are a few minutes of intense movement through infinite worlds which is usually followed by the expansion of consciousness described above once I hit a concept which "blows my mind". It becomes apparent that all complexity comes from the same source energy and everything is moving away from it. The big bang perhaps?

Additionally, it allows me to reach a point where language is beheld. What I mean by this is that I see words in the English language as entities, "spirits" if you will. This usually results in a complete understanding of the word, its meaning, and its implications. For example the word "language" was printed in my mind's eye and I understood that it came from the latin word for tongue, and its connection to God in the sense that "he made us in his image". The archetypal representations of the senses became manifest in the form of a divine being. I realised that the Catholic concept of God limits "his" identity to our own understanding of humans rather than identifying God as a limitless energy.

I could go on but I'm starting to go off topic. In summary, I find it essential to combine LSD and cannabis because of its potential for profound insights, for analysis, and for ego death. The two synergise beautifully for me. This combination has proven to be the most reliable and rewarding for me and I feel as if it will continue providing me with information as long as I maintain a respectful relationship with it.