• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] 5-MeO-DIPT & MDMA

5-meo-dipt is nothing special anyway, why waste a roll shitting your pants?

i've tried it and liked it but that does not mean it is safe 8) ... samadhi brings up a good point. tread carefully.

It's fun!
5-MeO-DiPT does not act as a MAOI. The fact that it has a 5-methoxy sub means little.
Now, if this was AMT or 5-MeO-AMT, that would be a different story - the a-Me changes it's pharmacology significantly and you WOULD have something to worry about as the a-alkyl trypts DO have MAOI activity.

samadhi_smiles said:
This type of chemical (especially since it is a 5-MeO) should not be combined with monoamine releasers

(at least stacking the peaks)

be careful with your body

samadhi

1. How come you can't combine monoamine releasers with 5-MeOs (I ask this sincerey, I don't understand the science behind it.)
2. What do you mean by stacking the peaks?

--Oh, as a disclaimer, I understand that this is potentially dangerous and that I am experimenting with mostly unresearched chemicals. That's why I am attempting to get some type of foundation of information upon which to base my decision as to whether or not I am actually going to do this; that's the whole reason I'm here. I promise I won't do anything too stupid =D --

From what I understand of the pharmacology (disclaimer: I am in NO WAY ANY TYPE OF EXPERT) the MAO is what would usually cause the tryptamine in question to breakdown and be metabolized normally. Taking something with a MAOI affect (the 5-MeO as was implicated by samadhi's post) would potentiate the effects because the tryptamine would not be broken down as readily. This may alter dosages and definately would have a significant increase in the strength and length of your trip. Someone please correct if I'm totally wrong here.

edit: as for stacking the peaks, I believe he was referring to your timing of waiting till you peaked on the 5-MeO before taking the roll.

That's correct, but 5-MeO-DiPT does not act as an MAOI, so you need not worry about this bit.

nikol said:
1. How come you can't combine monoamine releasers with 5-MeOs (I ask this sincerey, I don't understand the science behind it.)
It's not the 5-methoxy sub that causes MAOI activity. If we were looking for a structural moiety that inactivated MAO it would be alkyl substitution at the alpha position (so, things like AMT, AET & friends).

from what i understand about 5-meo-dipt, i would be really worried about the body load.

Every 5-meo I've taken has done funky ass shit with my body and brain. That stuff is bubbling up there ya know, its doing more than simply activating 5HT receptors ya know :p

But the shit running down your legs point that Egor brings up is very cogent, too. Who wants to be rolling and be smelling their own shit, anyways?

Agh. I have tried 5-MeO-DiPT once (a long time ago) and I definitely didn't shit my pants. Is this a common side effect that I am unaware of? All in all, it was nothing to write home about (a little too wiggly GI-wise for my taste) and not something I'd be dying to repeat. Had I shit my pants, however, it would rank as the worst trip I've ever taken.

Either way, I'd say it's a little dirty as a proper psychedelic. It is an interesting outlier in the tryptamine SAR, as all of the di-isopropyl tryptamines are. I guess the best of the series (by far) is 4-OH-DiPT; smooth as butter, no physical or PNS nasties and a rapid upramp and come-down. Personally, I like things with long half-lives, but I think 4-OH-DiPT is the perfect "My First Trip (TM)" compound.

Last edited:
I have to agree with Riemann, I'm not sure at all where this bowel movement worry is coming from. If someone could point me in the direction of the origin of this it would be much appreciated (I mean, obviously, if it is a very real fear then I of course would like to be prepared for it).

feelgoodhit said:
i would be really worried about the body load.

I've been considering that as well, but from what I have gathered off trip reports, that's why MDMA is such a good counter for it- it alleviates a lot of the stress associated with different drugs.

Low doses of 5-MeO-DIPT are advisable with this combo, which can be enjoyable and have minimal side effects if you do it right. However, samadhi's point about unknown interactions should not be taken lightly.

I never had any GI issues from 5-MeO-DiPT, either. It is worryingly stimulating though... it makes my heart race sometimes. It can be pleasurable if the right dose is taken but it's a fine line.

I've had my guts shaken up a lot by 5-MeO-DiPT. It kinda... loosens the bowels for me unfortunately. MDMA has a slight tendency to do that to me the next day anyway, so that combo would probably not be real high up on my to-do list personally.

I could see how the tactile enhacement of 5-MeO-DiPT could play along very nicely with MDMA though. That was the only interesting quality 5-MeO-DiPT ever had to me. It felt like I could feel things with each individual ridge on my fingerprints.

But I got extreme nausea (lasting about an hour) and gastric distress from it, and it made me rather nervous. I took a lot of it, in a large variety of dosages. I'm not really sure why, looking back on it. Today I doubt I would have bothered with a 2nd attempt.... but years ago I took it pretty frequently.

final input: not worth it given the unknown pharmacology of 5meo's

they are a wild card and do WEIRD things to people's bodies. At least be very experienced with foxy on its own before combining.

Samadhi- thank you very much for your input from the very beginning- I promise I will take everything that you (and everything else) have cautioned about into the deepest consideration before I do this. Have funny feelings and the idea is tanked, right off the bat.
Thanks for the heads up about the GI discomfort- I don't really forsee a lot of... movement, I guess? I don't usually go to parties when on MDMA, and most definitely not whenever I'm on a psychedelic, especially a new one. It's just going to be my boyfriend, a few close friends, and keeping it close to home base. For these reasons I don't predict any disasters as far as unexpected bodily functions go.
Essentially, having confidence in my/my boyfriend's abilities and capacities, I am more than likely going to be doing this tonight...
So I promise a trip report, I guess, is all I can conclude with.

I have "foxyflipped" before, and it seemed to make my roll quite a bit better. I think I took 200mg MDMA crystal with 10mg 5-meo-dipt.

When taken alone, I don't really like it. But with MDMA, I did. Made most of the side effects negligible.

psilocybonaut said:
When taken alone, I don't really like it. But with MDMA, I did. Made most of the side effects negligible.

That's the impression that I've been getting- that the MDMA counteracts a lot of the negative reactions, so that's what I'm banking on for tonight.

Oh, and you bring up something else I was wondering about- I came across the term 'foxyflip' but I wasn't sure if it was the same thing- it seemed to refer to people taking them at the same time, which isn't what I was planning on doing.