Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Combo Saint John's Wort + 4-fa

StrangePowers1

Greenlighter
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to find some info on the combo Saint John's Wort + 4-fa but can't really seem to find anything conclusive. I've been taking high doses (6000 mg/day) of SJW for about a week now, and I would like to know how long I would have to wait before taking 4-fa. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

I'm having a brief look around and it's certainly not easy to work out whether 4-FA and SJW is actually a dangerous combo. I'd go out on a limb and say that it's highly unlikely to cause anything too major, especially since some anecdotal reports suggest no difference with MDMA and MDMA releases larger amounts of monoamines. It's only a mild MOAI after all so if anything it would just potentiate the good effects of 4-FA. Regardless, the half-life of SJW is very long seeming to range between 24-48 hours and so it would take 2-3 days before the drug is at low levels in the body. So, my recommendation would be to stop taking SJW 2-3 days before taking 4-FA just to be on the safe side.

It's only a mild MOAI

No it's not.

At first, hypericin was wrongly attributed as being responsible for the antidepressant activity of St. John’s Wort extracts. It was claimed that this compound exhibited MAO-A inhibiting properties[19], but finally it was demonstrated that this was due to an impurity of the hypericin that was used for the assay[20].

19 Suzuki O, Katsumata Y, Oya M, Bladt S, Wagner H (1984) Inhibition of monoamine oxydase by hypericin. Planta Med 50: 272–274

20 Bladt S, Wagner H (1993) MAO-Hemmung durch Fraktionen und Inhaltsstoffen von Hypericum-Extrakt. Nervenheilkunde 12: 349–352

St. John's Wort and its Active Principles in Depression and Anxiety. Walter E. Müller (Editor). 2005. DOWNLOAD p. 7

This recent discussion is pertinent: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...-at-MAOI-s?p=12908213&viewfull=1#post12908213