• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Combining two NRI's at low dose?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
I ask because, i am on desipramine, and wish to try reboxetine.

Starting dose of both.
Desipramine causes sedation at higher doses for me, but reboxetine is reputed to be activating - much better.

Drug interactions?

I also take remerson at 45 mg.
Less concerned about that.

Any insights from you experts?

Thank you for that link that is extremely interesting

Johnboy have you considered maybe trying some other receptors what was it you where trying focus attention right?

Thank you for that link that is extremely interesting

Johnboy have you considered maybe trying some other receptors what was it you where trying focus attention right?

Well - short of acquiring some street ketamine, I don't see how I can.

I've tried pretty much everything available, and noradrenaline is the only thing I respond favorably to.
And the response is dramatic.

My issue is, I'm having tremendous difficulty getting my doctors to prescribe me the necessary drugs - with great difficulty they gave me script for desipramine (lofepramine - the european equivalent), and mirtazapine - the partial noradrenergic.

They had no issue with the SSRI's, the antipsychotics etc - no doubt cause they're familiar with them.
But pure noradrenaline based drugs?
They don't script them regularly - I'd have an easier time trying to get child custody.
The number of correspondences I've written to business managers, and complaints officers etc - and I'm keeping my fingers crossed something materializes.

I'm on the lowest dose desipramine, cause anything higher is sedating.
So I'm hoping for an activating NRI (reboxetine), and the synergistic alpha 2/1 blocker, mianserin - logically, it should work perfectly.

Only - I'm reluctant to stop one entirely until I'm certain the next works so, low dose reboxetine - I speak with my GP next week.
The lowest dose is 4mg.
I'm gonna ask him for 2mg - divided each day - and maybe even start off the first 2 or 3 weeks on 1 mg.
And keep my fingers crossed he has a favorable response to that.