View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Combining Salvia and Psychedelics

Goddess Mode

Bluelighter
I'm amazed that we don't have a combo subthread for this, as far as I can tell. I think combining salvia with LSD may have been the best thing I ever did for my future experiences with the latter. I feel like basically what smoking salvia did is propel me into a complete LSD-induced ego destruction for a moment which LSD was beforehand never completely able to do for me on its own, and then for the rest of the trip afterward I was having the most beautiful visionary experience of my life, and now in every LSD trip I've had since then it has retained the same breakthrough level intensity as it had that time with the same kind of visuals and everything, and I've gotten to the point of being able to reach that mental obliteration on LSD alone now.

After having this experience I'm now way more interested in trying to repeat this experience with every psychedelic I can, especially research chemicals. My hope is that, like it did with LSD, this could allow me to dive deeper with those psychedelics than might previously have been possible. I tend to find personally that once you've gone so deep with a psychedelic it gets easier and easier to reach that same point each time, so if salvia could this at least for me I'd find it truly invaluable.

In the meantime, my only other experience with salvia on a psychedelic was a low dose with 2C-I, and it was beautiful but only so strong. I'd be much more interested in recreating the experiment with higher doses these days....

So, does anyone have experience with these types of combinations? All anecdotes would be much appreciated! <3

I've combined salvia with psychedelics once. Unfortunately at this moment I don't have access to the hard drive with my notes from this experience, and this was about 6 or 7 years ago so my memory is vague. I was on either mescaline-cacti or mushrooms at the time, and I combined some salvia, cannabis, and nn,DMT into a smoking device. I lowballed the dose on all of them so I only got hints at what a full experience might have been, but I remember it having a very mystical kind of vibe and very pleasant. The salvia seemed to add an extra visionary quality to it, as you mentioned, but I did not go as far out as you seem to have. No unpleasant experiences that i recall.

Off topic a bit, I do agree with what you said here:

tend to find personally that once you've gone so deep with a psychedelic it gets easier and easier to reach that same point each time, so if salvia could this at least for me I'd find it truly invaluable.

And I even find that I can begin training myself to channel those states during sobriety.

That sounds like it would be a beautiful experience. :) Have you ever considered combining full doses of salvia and DMT into one? I've been interested in that for some time now. I'd like to try mixing salvia with both mushrooms and mescaline as well....

Yeah, my salvia trip on LSD was a quick death scenario leading to complete submission followed by total blackout for a moment. This is the kind of thing I'm interested in more so when it comes to combining salvia with psychedelics, forcing you literally to the maximum possible experience so then the road is easily paved for future experiences.... I also find that psychedelic states can be brought back out without even taking the psychedelics again when you've accustomed to them enough. I actually have a lot of theories about why these things happen in the brain including why salvia may be the best drug to bring out these qualities of psychedelics with.... But before going into all of that, I figured I'd see what others had to say first. :D

IMO Salvia and Nitrous are a match made in heaven.

They synergize PERFECTLY and can create some really interesting effects.

Salvia and traditional psychedelics IME was horrible, very disorienting and almost always sent my trip in a weird direction.